Game of Thrones Season 8

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Nah mate just want something that actually makes sense with good writing, dialogue and continuity. You've pulled that out your arse
To be fair though they had six episodes to fill out what should have taken twice as long in episodes.

For what it was I enjoyed it but they were sort of fighting their own setup here.

Frosty

Schlong
Nebulae
To be fair though they had six episodes to fill out what should have taken twice as long in episodes.

For what it was I enjoyed it but they were sort of fighting their own setup here.
They got offered ten episodes

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Lets be real too tbh people wanted "muh queen" after Dany spent seven seasons 'liberating' people through unchecked violence with the help of three flying nukes. Now her advisors who kept her in check are dead or gone, she's gotten next to no thanks for what she did and she lost her best friend and two of her 'children'.

So she snapped and honestly I loved it.

harry

Atom
Nebulae
when you realise the people of kings landing cheered when Eddard got executed so is it really that bad ?

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I will say the pacing felt off.

There was allusion early on but no real setup for it beyond 'baby's first' tier stuff. Could have been set up far better far earlier.

Was far from bad though, that aside

tera

Atom
Nebulae
lul euron
cleganebowl was some awesome shit
dany just got added to arya's kill list
also lmao golden company kill count - 0
guess they're taking the mad queen route oh well
tfw when many ppl wanted to kill cersei but the bricks got to her first
war crimes and shit

season 8 is really shit tbh up to this point, only the first episode i like.

Frosty

Schlong
Nebulae
f26a186f81fa.jpeg

Still going this way 100%

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
the only good thing about this season was cleganebowl and how qyburn got yeeted, even the undead mountain was harder to kill than the night king

jamie's arc was thrown into the garbage

golden company was just there for the sake of it, wasted potential

scorpions went from aimbot to help the mountain's gauging my eyes out

dany had literally no reason to burn the city down, ESPECIALLY the fucking civilians after the surrender

jon's men went rogue, cause why not rape a few kids on the open streets while a dragon's burning the whole city down, who the fuck cares about the king of the north amiright?

and by the end of the last episode, most of the dothraki and unsullied got literally slaughtered, but it was team deathmatch so why the fuck not bring them back

the only thing dumb and dumber are good at is subverting fans expectations of having a proper ending to a beloved show

Saggy

Electron
Nebulae
i had been expecting mad queen for a while and i got it
i was already on the fuck dany train so it made it super easy to hate her when this shit went down cause i expected it
jon was way too slow to do anything he just sat on his ass while surrendering soldiers and civilians are killed, he saved one person after watching for 10 minues smh should've fucking yeeted greyworm as soon as he threw the spear
rip jamie's arc lmao
hound + arya was cool and cleganebowl was aight
euron is the fucking worst like please fuck off
i just cant believe tyrion was that stupid like the fuck
varys was also pretty stupid ngl, what happened to master of whispers operates from the shadows? nah fam, ill just casually tell jon and tyrion i plan to betray the queen i think is evil

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
In episode one, we are shown clever foreshadowing of Jaime pushing Bran out the window.

We are then shown in this episode that it was actually foreshadowing Jaimes character arc and how it was thrown out the window.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
At this point I would’ve preferred if the night king just killed everyone and rolled the continent and for the show to end there over this

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
It’s good tv, I enjoyed it. Sure the other seasons were better, still fun to watch, for me at least.

Really liked all the scenes with Arya for a change, some decent acting and nice set pieces, including her farewell to Sandor which was nice. She’ll be killing Dany for sure, or she’ll die trying and Jon will or something. So far she’s the only prophecy on the show to be fulfilled with the “eye shutting” stuff.

The look between Jon and Davos with the wildfire and how she’s gone off the deep end was awesome, and Kits acting to show a conflicted character is almost same tier as Theon imo.

Tyrion saying farewell to Jamie as well, he’ll be all that is left of the Lannister’s :^( and he’ll never know what happened to his brother and sister. atleast Jamie died in a woman’s arms like he wanted, bit of a two timer tho

Clegane fight was spectacular and I enjoyed it, shame Qyburn died on a wim though. Felt very dark soulsy

Even if the writing is kinda meh, these actors and actresses really did the best they could with it

Excited to see the ending so I can rewatch from the start or something

Atleast we have Chernobyl to look forward to

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
At this point I would’ve preferred if the night king just killed everyone and rolled the continent and for the show to end there over this
I don't think what they did was bad - if they'd not taken the extra four episodes they got offered and not set some of it up better.

Danerys is the easiest one; there's so much context for her to do what she did (and has been set up since like Season 1) but it was so poorly paced and conveyed that it comes across as silly. This entire season could have been fantastic as more than just a cool CGI fest if they'd have taken more time.

It bothers me because I knew she'd (speaking in terms of the story) hyped what the response to her returning to Westeros would be. I knew it'd end badly for her compared to Essos - but this season has been crammed into six episodes when it should have been paced out into ten.