`impulse

Head Staff
Nebulae
ONE WEEK ONE WEEK
50db90.png

Arata

String
Nebulae
I must ask, do plebs like me need to do any specific thing to register to the server?

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
Jamie I've been moderator for so long can you please make my smartphone in game be pink

Or purple if you want it to wear the corporate colours
I don't think the phone itself can be changed but I believe different/custom phone wallpapers are on the to do list

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
A question I don't think has been asked yet: what time will the server open? I assume the traditional 6pm britbong time but I wanna double check so I can literally plan my life around it

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
A question I don't think has been asked yet: what time will the server open? I assume the traditional 6pm britbong time but I wanna double check so I can literally plan my life around it
It'll more than likely be around 6-8pm BST. There'll be a post/announcement soon containing all the information needed for players before launch

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Probably a clown question, but just because I don't think it's in my list of asked questions, what, if any, are the intended benefits of premium for GTA? I doubt it'd be be something like more money ala LP or storage ala hl2rp, etc but I am curious. I imagine it could be something like queue priority for getting into the server if it's full or something, but I'm just wondering if there's any plans.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
what, if any, are the intended benefits of premium for GTA?

i may be completely misremembering a convo with @alex that i had, but i think the gist is there wont be
like, no premium option

iirc FiveM takes fairly exorbitant cuts of any money and has Arma-tier stipulations on what you can and cannot monetize within the server.

at most, probably a direct pay-for-fastpass on applications, but you wouldn't be a "premium user," you'd have just paid a one-time fee to move to the priority queue, essentially

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae

7PM GMT

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Probably a clown question, but just because I don't think it's in my list of asked questions, what, if any, are the intended benefits of premium for GTA? I doubt it'd be be something like more money ala LP or storage ala hl2rp, etc but I am curious. I imagine it could be something like queue priority for getting into the server if it's full or something, but I'm just wondering if there's any plans.
We're not going to be monetizing with Premium and but we will explore our options in the future.

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
idk if this has been answered or not but will the server show who you're roleplaying with on a leaderboard or some shit like how HL2rp was before the change, or will it be hidden and you can only find out through ooc means

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
idk if this has been answered or not but will the server show who you're roleplaying with on a leaderboard or some shit like how HL2rp was before the change, or will it be hidden and you can only find out through ooc means
There will not be a scoreboard or player list

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
We're not going to be monetizing with Premium and but we will explore our options in the future.
Good to know.

There will not be a scoreboard or player list
This does make me wonder, as I have seen on NoPixel instances where people have been able to pull up a list of steam ID's which when brought up shows a number above people's heads, as to facilitate stuff like transferring money. I only watch like three people so I've just assumed this is stuff that regular players can do, so if this is wrong, forgive me, but if we're not having something like this, how will you be able to get someone's state ID (as that is what I assume the number is above their heads)

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
This does make me wonder, as I have seen on NoPixel instances where people have been able to pull up a list of steam ID's which when brought up shows a number above people's heads, as to facilitate stuff like transferring money. I only watch like three people so I've just assumed this is stuff that regular players can do, so if this is wrong, forgive me, but if we're not having something like this, how will you be able to get someone's state ID (as that is what I assume the number is above their heads)
There will be a button to display a player id for the purpose of player reports however it's of no use for any gameplay, it didn't make sense to us that people use this "meta" number for giving money or pinging location so we chose to use the player picker for giving money and phone numbers instead.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
There will be a button to display a player id for the purpose of player reports however it's of no use for any gameplay, it didn't make sense to us that people use this "meta" number for giving money or pinging location so we chose to use the player picker for giving money and phone numbers instead.
Oh, that's good to know, but what is the player picker? It sounds a lot like a scoreboard with no context, unless I'm being dense and it's been shown off before and I'm forgetting?