News GTA RP - it's finally here

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Yeah you could say I'm preparing for GTA5RP...

image.png

Reactions: List

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
policereportexample.png

i am ready to put what i learned to use. police cool.

this is from one of my example reports prior to being filled in so i will eventually figure out a way to remove the red boxes (which is what our professor wanted us to fill in) and tinker about with it if that's anything the police factions want to use

there's also a tiny bit more where at the bottom you fill in what happened at a crime scene

613b17e57f975bdd73d0d79c5f2ebcbe.png

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
policereportexample.png

i am ready to put what i learned to use. police cool.

this is from one of my example reports prior to being filled in so i will eventually figure out a way to remove the red boxes (which is what our professor wanted us to fill in) and tinker about with it if that's anything the police factions want to use
Reports will need to be in the MDT instead of a custom form, if you're accepted into PD you'll be onboarded and guided through the MDT

Jaydawg

Loves QA testing
Head Staff
Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
oh that's okay too
i might practice it on my own in private then, alongside doing that
Check out this video for the MDT if you haven't already:

It has a general showcase of the MDT and it's functionality, might give you a bit of insight into it.

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
Check out this video for the MDT if you haven't already:

It has a general showcase of the MDT and it's functionality, might give you a bit of insight into it.

i saw that, it looks really cool, definitely simplifies things

i wasn't sure at first about the aftermath of things however, though i imagine it sort of just skipped over my head that a report was written in there and that sort of confirms the fact that it's all done in game

at the very least, i can maybe write it in the format i was taught, i'm not sure if something like this would be a bit much. it might be, but i could try condensing it. it's also a first draft so it isn't perfect but i had refined my writing style for reports since then

sorry for all the black bars it has my actual name in it

7d90e571259c851879b6f5a96b95ef75.png

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
(though reports should be much more detailed and thorough than in the example here)
oh. awesome, lol, perfect then
I do think if someone were to write a report of this length and detail, it would be a bit discouraging for the average rp'er. I would definitely condense it to the most vital information just for accessibility to people looking back on reports and reading (for a court case or smth)

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
I do think if someone were to write a report of this length and detail, it would be a bit discouraging for the average rp'er. I would definitely condense it to the most vital information just for accessibility to people looking back on reports and reading (for a court case or smth)
sure, i agree it can be pretty intimidating, it was for me too :P

i'll see what the police fellas want, but i would also love to teach some of the cop people how to write reports like this. it'd maybe confirm to me that i properly picked up on the information i was taught instead of it just blowing past me

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I don't agree, I'd much prefer that PD write properly formatted and detailed reports for incidents.

There's a chance that it may be needed if a character wants to dispute it and take it to court, details will matter because body cams will not exist.

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
I don't agree, I'd much prefer that PD write properly formatted and detailed reports for incidents.

There's a chance that it may be needed if a character wants to dispute it and take it to court, details will matter because body cams will not exist.
same way i was taught in my class too yeah it never mentioned body cameras, it was all verbal

the officer is expected to be as truthful as they can be and have written down as much as they can gather, even if it seems silly/useless

it can make all the difference in court if you know, and by extension, the court knows, that for example, your suspect has a tough time looking you in the eye, or speaking confidently about something they've been accused of.

the defense is also expected to sort of lay into the police, and sort of be like 'yeah no you're lying. you are lying to save your own job.' and its the proof of your notes, and your report, to save your ass and confirm that the person you caught is guilty and shouldn't be let go

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Writing detailed reports is probably going to come down to the character, there's some fun that can be had never actually writing a good report and getting owned for it

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Writing detailed reports is probably going to come down to the character, there's some fun that can be had never actually writing a good report and getting owned for it
Yeah, poor reports may lead to you being the reason a warrant isn't approved or a case going against you.

There's fun in the L's too.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
details will matter because body cams will not exist.
Premium tailored crime scene footage, $1,000 courtesy of famed and respected reporter Hugh Chunt and ace cameraman Harry Twatt (@NightLock)

[$5,000 for footage which supports whichever side you're on, no refunds, legally Current Affairs™ does not admit to doctoring footage and any references to such acts refer to acts portrayed in video games, not the city of Los Santos]

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Premium tailored crime scene footage, $1,000 courtesy of famed and respected reporter Hugh Chunt and ace cameraman Harry Twatt (@NightLock)

[$5,000 for footage which supports whichever side you're on, no refunds, legally Current Affairs™ does not admit to doctoring footage and any references to such acts refer to acts portrayed in video games, not the city of Los Santos]
Best I can give you for footage is $100 and the promise not to send an angry hitman to break several of your bones

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Best I can give you for footage is $100 and the promise not to send an angry hitman to break several of your bones
$50 and an IOU for "send an angry hitman to break several of someone's bones"

You never know when you might need a talented 'influencer'.

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
gtarp should have a rip off nebulous.cloud forum like psionic fart or some shit and the only chat is Current Affairs, peak roleplay

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
gtarp should have a rip off nebulous.cloud forum like psionic fart or some shit and the only chat is Current Affairs, peak roleplay

Just move current affairs to the IC Internet purely so it can contain those who enjoy arguing with each other over tw@er