News GTA RP - it's finally here

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Correct me if I’m wrong but I think aether is from the US? So credit check may not be an issue since they love debt
Aether is English

Personally I’m against advising people to take loans out for things - if you can’t afford to buy it twice, you shouldn’t get it.

As far as hobbies are concerned, that is.

If he just got out of debt, establishing financial security by having money in the bank for emergencies and repairs is more important than playing GTA

Reactions: List

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae
Aether is English

Personally I’m against advising people to take loans out for things - if you can’t afford to buy it twice, you shouldn’t get it.

If he just got out of debt, establishing financial security by having money in the bank for emergencies and repairs is more important than playing GTA
Of course as I mentioned I don’t recommend getting in debt or spending his savings especially just for a game. Purely giving him another option.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Well thank god aether doesn’t need to buy premium to play GTARP or get any benefits he can go into debt buying a pc instead

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This may be a terrible idea if you’ve been in debt but there are companies that offer a monthly payment for some builds, might be better than paying out all your savings. Obviously don’t go getting yourself back in debt
That’s what I did for my PC. Paid it off over 18 months when the other one broke. All depends on if you’ll pass a credit check but it’s worth a try @Aether.
I was thinking about doing that, or maybe using klarna or something.

Also the debt was from using my student overdraft entirely back in between my first and second year of uni, it took a while to climb out of the 2k hole. My credit is fine afaik.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think aether is from the US? So credit check may not be an issue since they love debt
Just because my accent is weird, smh jamie

Aether is English

I have financial security, I make enough to save around £300-400 a month but there's been a lot going on rn so my savings aren't as high as I'd have liked for the moment where GTA came out. I also just got paid today so it's not as bad.

Of course as I mentioned I don’t recommend getting in debt or spending his savings especially just for a game. Purely giving him another option.
I won't go back in to debt, dw.

Nebulae
I have a 10 year old tower

I mean I'd prefer not to waste money if I can but if I got to, I got to. The current actual plan is to buy 2nd hand pieces to just bolster what I already have and maybe an SSD. As for the mods, idk how to mod gta and I don't know if fivem or the server supports them or not. Plus I'd like to not have everything look like roblox if I'm gonna record shit for one of my main characters
Truly choose the right state you enter with the PC.

never buy 2nd hand, because when you buy new parts they have insurance (3 years insurance), parts do fuck up sometimes.
thus, if you truly desire an upgrade, go all in,
i buy a pc so good, i wont need to worry about another one for at least a decade. SO I WOULDNT BUY IT TWICE LOL

old pieces dont go with new pieces, new motherboards require modern stuff.
so your best bet is a new total pc, be bold, be brave.
3000 RTX's are at an optimal price these days, get one for sure.

if you enter a pc purchase with a state of poverty, and go cheap, and even dare to buy second hand parts, you'll never come out of it
you'll pay triple just to end up buying new eventually, losing money
(if you notice, the state of going cheap and ''saving'' on something, always results in the person buying cheap that breaks and he ends up paying more in the end. Wise investments are not savings, they save you money as a byproduct, not as an intention.)
never in life go cheap on anything, nor buy overpriced.

some investments are worth
if u desire it, truly
it is an investment in yourself BUY IT FRESH, NOT SECOND HAND.

Last edited:

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Truly choose the right state you enter with the PC.

never buy 2nd hand, because when you buy new parts they have insurance (3 years insurance), parts do fuck up sometimes.
thus, if you truly desire an upgrade, go all in,
i buy a pc so good, i wont need to worry about another one for at least a decade. SO I WOULDNT BUY IT TWICE LOL

old pieces dont go with new pieces, new motherboards require modern stuff.
so your best bet is a new total pc, be bold, be brave.
3000 RTX's are at an optimal price these days, get one for sure.

if you enter a pc purchase with a state of poverty, and go cheap, and even dare to buy second hand parts, you'll never come out of it
you'll pay triple just to end up buying new eventually, losing money
(if you notice, the state of going cheap and ''saving'' on something, always results in the person buying cheap that breaks and he ends up paying more in the end. Wise investments are not savings, they save you money as a byproduct, not as an intention.)
never in life go cheap on anything, nor buy overpriced.

some investments are worth
if u desire it, truly
it is an investment in yourself BUY IT FRESH, NOT SECOND HAND.
I appreciate the suggestion but I'm not playing GTA with my current setup and I can't afford an entire new PC so I'mma just have to make do where I can. It's fine if I'm ultimately wasting money, this is functionally me just patching a hole for the time being before I get a new one towards the end of the year or maybe start of next year depending on my finances.

Jake

Proton
Nebulae
I have a 10 year old tower

I mean I'd prefer not to waste money if I can but if I got to, I got to. The current actual plan is to buy 2nd hand pieces to just bolster what I already have and maybe an SSD. As for the mods, idk how to mod gta and I don't know if fivem or the server supports them or not. Plus I'd like to not have everything look like roblox if I'm gonna record shit for one of my main characters
f-C2CKVTG2dK_KPn3nzQR2cegv91y9C3ZFllsEYyrNE.jpg

Don't buy second hand, you're just going to waste more money later on if you do.

Nebulae
I appreciate the suggestion but I'm not playing GTA with my current setup and I can't afford an entire new PC so I'mma just have to make do where I can. It's fine if I'm ultimately wasting money, this is functionally me just patching a hole for the time being before I get a new one towards the end of the year or maybe start of next year depending on my finances.
giving advice as to what to do, is pointless unless the state which you view the situation is changed.
but if i wont say it, when I should, makes a coward of us all.

if you cant afford something, you have an option to use one simple law that can grant you effortlessly anything you want,
I dm'd it to you once, when i saw you needed it for something tiny. It's still there, can be applied to anything.

if you dont care for trying it, which costs you nothing.
get potato pc GTA V mod, these work for many low end streamers even. (or search for any other alternative mods, there are tons.)
but I tell you again,
despite us discussing just a video game, this is still a state of consciousness, and if it continues being applied in your life, it wastes your money and time.
Dont ever buy second hand PCs, this isn't a hole patching, but free debt for yourself. From experience.
Second hand pcs are also overpriced and short lived, its zero gain.

in life, you can never save money intentionally, just by not making cheap mistakes.
all is a wise investment.
I haven't met a single man that earned a coin by saving money, he lost more than he ever saved.

invest wisely in potato mod, till you can afford a pc,
or better yet, use the law, and improve your finances without effort, and be at peace.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
f-C2CKVTG2dK_KPn3nzQR2cegv91y9C3ZFllsEYyrNE.jpg

Don't buy second hand, you're just going to waste more money later on if you do.
tbh this rings real true. we got a second hand 2005 CRV in a really good condition at a real good price and it's still falling apart. one of my mates has an mr2 second hand and he's been putting parts into it since last year

Jake

Proton
Nebulae
tbh this rings real true. we got a second hand 2005 CRV in a really good condition at a real good price and it's still falling apart. one of my mates has an mr2 second hand and he's been putting parts into it since last year
Still going strong with my second hand Mazda 2

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The absolute kings at my workplace have gifted me an 1650 they had spare, I gotta go back and test it but if it works I've probably saved myself a lot of money