News GTA RP - it's finally here

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Here's a full breakdown of my PC parts:
Case: Cooler Master K350 (RC-K350-KWN2-EN)
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-P
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460
Heatsink: Intel E97378-001
GPU: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti
RAM: 1x Corsair CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 Vengeance 8 GB, 2x Fury HyperX hx318c10fr/4 4 GB (16GB Total)
PSU: Cooler Master 500W ATX Power Supply RS-500-PSAP-J3
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003, 1TB SATA 3.5"
Fans: x1 Cooler Master 12025
CD/DVD Drive: LiteOn iHAS124

If I'm missing anything I've no fuckin clue tbh. Atm I'm thinking of maybe throwing in another 8gb stick of ram, getting an SSD, probably a new CPU + GPU, probably another fan to keep things cooler, but as it stands I need to calculate what my PSU can handle.

holy fuck a 750 in 2023

i see why you play gmod so much its the only thing your PC can manage

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
holy fuck a 750 in 2023

i see why you play gmod so much its the only thing your PC can manage
I only climbed out of debt in february, okay, I know 😭

I've currently got the most money I've ever had saved and it's still only a few hundred. I just need to figure out what I need/can improve

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

I've currently got the most money I've ever had saved and it's still only a few hundred. I just need to figure out what I need/can improve

keep saving tbh
dont blow all your money on a new PC if its literally ALL of your money

i think a 750 can handle gta 5 so long as you're not going hard on the graphics

weren't you doing alright in the playtest

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i think a 750 can handle gta 5 so long as you're not going hard on the graphics

weren't you doing alright in the playtest
I was running it on the bare minimum and I'd had to run some commands to disable stuff, and I could only record in 720p 20fps, but that was the playtest - when there's more people and more stuff going on surely it'll be more intensive

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
RAM: 1x Corsair CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 Vengeance 8 GB, 2x Fury HyperX hx318c10fr/4 4 GB (16GB Total)

If I'm missing anything I've no fuckin clue tbh. Atm I'm thinking of maybe throwing in another 8gb stick of ram, getting an SSD, probably a new CPU + GPU, probably another fan to keep things cooler, but as it stands I need to calculate what my PSU can handle.
You don't need to calculate anything
You're actually overthinking this all things considered, which is pretty normal
just get a 980ti or a 1050ti or an rx580, you aren't building a PC for a game coming out this year - you're building one for a game from 10 years ago with an HD patch slapped on top of it
your power supply is more than enough, and i'd also just get a matching 8gb stick of ram, think that having a mixture of them isn't the min/max option
start with craigslist for video cards, if you were truly looking i honestly think you'd've found one by now

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You don't need to calculate anything
You're actually overthinking this all things considered, which is pretty normal
just get a 980ti or a 1050ti or an rx580, you aren't building a PC for a game coming out this year - you're building one for a game from 10 years ago with an HD patch slapped on top of it
your power supply is more than enough, and i'd also just get a matching 8gb stick of ram, think that having a mixture of them isn't the min/max option
start with craigslist for video cards, if you were truly looking i honestly think you'd've found one by now
I just started today, I've never actually looked at the stuff inside my tower before today. I bought it prebuilt back in 2013 and I've only cracked it open a handful of times for fear of damaging anything.

As for the card, don't I need to properly calculate my power usage to avoid fucking everything?

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
I just started today, I've never actually looked at the stuff inside my tower before today. I bought it prebuilt back in 2013 and I've only cracked it open a handful of times for fear of damaging anything.

As for the card, don't I need to properly calculate my power usage to avoid fucking everything?
500w is overkill for what you have, the calculation meme only exists for newer cards

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
500w is overkill for what you have, the calculation meme only exists for newer cards
I do remember the guy at the store saying there was "room for more stuff if I wanted" when I got it but beats me.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
I do remember the guy at the store saying there was "room for more stuff if I wanted" when I got it but beats me.
yeah 500w stopped being the primary goal circa around 2020 if you weren't a memelord trying to overdo it. 500w is basically fine for anything from the past 10 years, i ran an rx580 on a 500w.
only got a 750 after getting a 6700xt, JUST for the 6700xt. you'll be more than fine with anything from 2020-under. hence why i said 980ti or 1050ti or rx580 or something similar.
+ u always got neb to ask questions too

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

I think you should be able to run the game fine. Might be worthwhile keeping the settings to medium or low. Don't count on streaming reliably, but recording should be able to come through fine in what feels like 30-50fps. Fingers crossed that Alex did in fact managed to optimise the framework for GTARP to the extent that it is not too performance heavy nor lengthy to load in without an SSD.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I think you should be able to run the game fine. Might be worthwhile keeping the settings to medium or low. Don't count on streaming reliably, but recording should be able to come through fine in what feels like 30-50fps. Fingers crossed that Alex did in fact managed to optimise the framework for GTARP to the extent that it is not too performance heavy nor lengthy to load in without an SSD.
I played the playtest on a 1060, with gta + fiveM on a hard drive and the load times weren't too bad at all if memory serves

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I played the playtest on a 1060, with gta + fiveM on a hard drive and the load times weren't too bad at all if memory serves
Which means that Alex* likely did a good job. Now the real question is whether my character is going to phase through the map each time I load onto the server. Although admittingly, I found it rather humorous to phase through the map while driving an ambulance with a dying patient in the back before promptly being teleported to some obscure locations.

*EDIT: Alex and his team; @`impulse, @Jaydawg, @Jamie

Last edited:

Jamie

Legion
Head Staff
Media Developer
Nebulae

This may be a terrible idea if you’ve been in debt but there are companies that offer a monthly payment for some builds, might be better than paying out all your savings. Obviously don’t go getting yourself back in debt

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This may be a terrible idea if you’ve been in debt but there are companies that offer a monthly payment for some builds, might be better than paying out all your savings. Obviously don’t go getting yourself back in debt
That’s what I did for my PC. Paid it off over 18 months when the other one broke. All depends on if you’ll pass a credit check but it’s worth a try @Aether.