News GTA RP - it's finally here

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i dont consider myself a very competent person but i do want to join the police because that shits fun

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
i dont consider myself a very competent person but i do want to join the police because that shits fun
Competence isn't a requirement for an officer, mainly need to be able to roleplay well and just do the job (even if badly).

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Competence isn't a requirement for an officer, mainly need to be able to roleplay well and just do the job (even if badly).
There's a joke making fun of American Police in here somewhere

Something something you'd fit right in then?

Either way, just try it if you wanna! :D

i can promise i wont be malicious but there's no promise i wont accidentally drive a cop car into a canal and call up the local tow truck to get me out, before then continuing the chase 30 minutes later

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
During the playtest I pulled a car over that clearly had a hostage in the trunk that I acted clueless to despite his shouting from it.

ok actualy i think this faction is perfect for me

Kaeteh

Neutrino
Nebulae
mr-bean-funny.gif

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
268e52ab-b23b-4a08-b1c7-eb8844470b86_1920x1080.jpg

I have minor surgery on the 5th and have two weeks off from work to recover so GUESS I'M PLAYING GTA5RP BAYBEEEEE

Also, with the remove accessories thing, can you add shoes to that so you can steal people's shoes? tysm

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Also someone please send me an actual spec list for what I'd need to comfortably play GTA5RP and record shit for Current Affairs on cause I was hoping I'd have more time to save up but I guess not. I really don't wanna risk my PC being a brick and stopping me from playing

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Also someone please send me an actual spec list for what I'd need to comfortably play GTA5RP and record shit for Current Affairs on cause I was hoping I'd have more time to save up but I guess not. I really don't wanna risk my PC being a brick and stopping me from playing
Ya gotta remember, GTA 5 is like… a 10 year old game of somehting. Sure PC version is a bit younger, but anything that’s even flirting with modern should be good. Maybe a GPU and RAM upgrade if you want to ensure stability, that should be enough :)

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

Ya gotta remember, GTA 5 is like… a 10 year old game of somehting. Sure PC version is a bit younger, but anything that’s even flirting with modern should be good. Maybe a GPU and RAM upgrade if you want to ensure stability, that should be enough :)

You shouldn't need to worry too much Aether, @alex, who, correct me if I'm wrong has said that whilst GTAs Given framework is built like a brick wall on its last legs ready to crumble has been built and optimized from the ground up on Nebulous meaning most of the usual issues faced by FiveM players shouldnt be present on Neb GTARP. Of course there will be teething problems on launch, but overall these should be quickly remedied.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You shouldn't need to worry too much Aether, @alex, who, correct me if I'm wrong has said that whilst GTAs Given framework is built like a brick wall on its last legs ready to crumble has been built and optimized from the ground up on Nebulous meaning most of the usually issues shouldnt be present on Neb GTARP. Of course there will be teething problems on launch, but overall these should be quickly remedied.
I guess but I just know from the playtest my video recordings were dogshit most of the time so I really really want to be able to play and record comfortably, though then again @NightLock is supposed to be the cameraman now so I guess I don't need to worry too much 🤔

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
Of course there will be teething problems on launch, but overall these should be quickly remedied.
something unique about experiencing these

feels like you're seeing something take shape

got to experience it back when helix first launched and then see it finally settle down into an established gamemode

also was some easy nostalgia conversation starters where you can tell some new person "hey, that thing was borked when we first launched" and then u can go on some spiel about w/e

it is good and i am excite

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I guess but I just know from the playtest my video recordings were dogshit most of the time so I really really want to be able to play and record comfortably, though then again @NightLock is supposed to be the cameraman now so I guess I don't need to worry too much 🤔

I thought your videos were pretty smooth from what I remember watch the clips. @RedMan has a similar dilemma to you in terms of running it but perhaps he can help you with a workaround until you get upgraded

Nebulae

gta-rp-banner.png

JULY 14th:

it's been quite a year for us so far, we hope everyone's having a lovely summer!

Over the past few months, we've been working tirelessly on our next big project and we have some news that we're sure you won't want to miss!

We're pleased to finally announce that GTA RP will be launching in: JULY 14th.

You heard it right, we're officially less than a month away from release! Time sure has flown, the team has been working really hard for the past two years on this project. Countless hours of hard work, dedication and passion has led us up to this point and we're showing no signs of stopping now!

Of course, that doesn't mean our work is done. In fact, you could say it's only just begun!

We have big plans for the future, with a plethora of new content and exciting gameplay features in the pipeline. Our aim is to continually enhance and expand our GTA RP experience, offering fresh and engaging adventures for all.

With that news, we'd personally like to extend a big thank you to everyone who has supported nebulous throughout our many projects. Special thanks to those who have helped keep the communities lights on via premium. All of your support and patience is extremely appreciated and we wouldn't be here today without you.

Now, we're aware that after the playtest - many of you were just dying to jump into Los Santos again, to tide you over until then we've prepared a special dev blog just for you. Check it out!

DEVELOPER UPDATE #7:​

Wardrobe:

Effortlessly save and load your favourite outfits without having to repurchase clothes from the store, giving you convenient access to your preferred looks in an instant.

Accessories (On/Off):

Quickly remove and re-equip accessories on your character without the hassle of visiting a store, allowing you to effortlessly adjust your look with ease.

Police - Dispatch Notifications:

Receive real-time updates on criminal activities of varying severity levels and efficiently respond by easily clearing notifications and setting GPS locations with a simple click, ensuring rapid and effective law enforcement.

Police - Mobile Data Terminal (MDT):

Instantly access individual profiles, active warrants, handle reports, assign charges and efficiently administer fines or jail sentences, simplifying law enforcement operations.

You can also check out the rest of our developer updates here

A word on applications:​

Law Enforcement (LSPD) and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) applications are still open to apply and can be found here

Everyone on the team is absolutely thrilled to have reached this milestone and we can't wait for you all to have the chance to try it for yourself.

Happy Summer!

nebulous-full.png

GTARP releases on my fucking birthday

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I thought your videos were pretty smooth from what I remember watch the clips. @RedMan has a similar dilemma to you in terms of running it but perhaps he can help you with a workaround until you get upgraded
They weren't bad but they very much weren't good. I could only do 720p at 20fps and even then it struggled. I keep hearing that there's performance visual mods you can get but I've tried to look and can't find them