gta rp

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
those same people are the first to call someone elses character ideas cringe and post pictures of people they don't like in their illegal groups discord
If you need to be switching to voice for certain purposes or as a player are sitting in a Discord channel/call with people you're roleplaying with anyway, I don't see any way to argue that voice is bad.

Reactions: List

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
If you need to be switching to voice for certain purposes or as a player are sitting in a Discord channel/call with people you're roleplaying with anyway, I don't see any way to argue that voice is bad.
you're using an isolated incident of something in a larger text rp server as your argument. your point is valid but doesn't hold any ground, a 98% text-to-voice rp server doesn't make your 0% one any more valid in this point you're trying to make

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
you're using an isolated incident of something in a larger text rp server as your argument. your point is valid but doesn't hold any ground, a 98% text-to-voice rp server doesn't make your 0% one any more valid in this point you're trying to make
I don't need validation for voice, we're not going to change it and I'll sooner talk with impulse and Jay about shutting it down entirely before we considered switching to text based.

Your text rp needs to learn on voice to actually work, it's an admission that text doesn't really work whether you like it or not.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
its not really an isolated incident if theres rules written around swapping to voice chat so the situation quite literally runs smoother and more fun for all those involved. cops literally sit in teamspeak and metagame all day, we all did it

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
Just as a disclaimer, I'm not asking for changes to the Nebulous server or anything like that, just wanted to share my thoughts on a general level.

it might be a lot to ask of people but if you're not a dickhead to each other then it doesn't matter what you sound like. it seems to work pretty well in the tabletop rpg community, don't see why that has to change here
I mean, whether it matters or not is up to personal preference, even if you completely remove the "dickhead angle" from the equation. Preferring text is also about immersion and freedom to portray anyone you want the way you want with just your writing/describing. Even in the TTRPG community are those who would rather describe what their character says in third person than to say it directly.
But yeah, I get there are a lot of people who prefer voice, too.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Imagine being in a court room in text based rp, and literally being stuck there for 9 hours because people type slow as shit.

that ain’t how it works doe
[doublepost=1630409794][/doublepost]
can't wait for all the e-sex male fiends who exclusively play fem chars or self-insert chad-esque characters to get relentlessly clowned when people hear what they actually sound like

shazzy vs the payment check

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
seeing nopixel get called seriousRP is such a nuclear take that makes this thread worth-while

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
rabid when he tries to talk to me on ts

DescriptiveOnlyGalah-size_restricted.gif

fofa

Atom
Nebulae
This is true but it's also what differentiates you from others. Where you see it maybe as a hinderance, I see as something that makes you unique whereas text rp very easily becomes quite literally identical characters.
the-sopranos-oh-yeah.gif