gunsgunsgunsguns

shia

the freakster
Nebulae
whats a good home defense handgun
i wouldn't get a handgun for home defense unless you intend to use it as a CCW aswell, although a few good CCWs would be the M&P Shield 2.0, Glock 19 (duh, there are smaller Glocks out there but the 19 is the most well rounded, imo) and the Ruger LCP, all of which are pretty good for CCW

like i said, i don't like home defense handguns as a concept, id just get a nice rifle- an M&P Sport II or something would be a good way to get into rifles and ARs, they're a dream to shoot and have minimal recoil. PSA is a good spot to buy cheap rifles aswell. If you're on the higher end of things, a Springfield Saint is a good rifle, too.

ARs are plentiful and are effectively the same as the AK in pretty much every other part of the world, in the sense that AR parts are extremely common, cheap, and their rifles are just the same

If you go for a PSA A2 clone, it can go as low as 500, including S&H

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-classic-a2-rifle.html
this is one of their more expensive models, but it's on sale. I wouldn't recommend it for home defense given just how long the A2s are, however.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...lassic-ar-15-rifle-13-5-m-lok-rail-black.html

This is also a fairly decent starter rifle to get into guns. Firearms is a very nice and rewarding hobby. Even the simplest things like zeroing a scope or something like that can be extraordinarily satisfying. It's just gratifying.

Also, something to consider, ARs are quite possibly one of the absolute easiest guns to fieldstrip. ARs are just one of your best bets for an all round rifle. Hell, if you get an AR-10, (meaning its in things like 7.62x51 and such) you can use it for hunting decently large game, like deer. They're just extremely versatile.

Also, one last thing, you can get ARs in 9mm, and other pistol calibers.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-9mm-1-10-7-lightweight-m-lok-moe-sba3-pistol-5165450029.html

This one has a pistol brace, and is thus classified as a pistol. You can still shoulder the brace. Gun laws are neat like that.

Anyway, that's all the advice I've got to give regarding it, still open to give some clarification or whatever.

Reactions: List

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
i wouldn't get a handgun for home defense unless you intend to use it as a CCW aswell, although a few good CCWs would be the M&P Shield 2.0, Glock 19 (duh, there are smaller Glocks out there but the 19 is the most well rounded, imo) and the Ruger LCP, all of which are pretty good for CCW

like i said, i don't like home defense handguns as a concept, id just get a nice rifle- an M&P Sport II or something would be a good way to get into rifles and ARs, they're a dream to shoot and have minimal recoil. PSA is a good spot to buy cheap rifles aswell. If you're on the higher end of things, a Springfield Saint is a good rifle, too.

ARs are plentiful and are effectively the same as the AK in pretty much every other part of the world, in the sense that AR parts are extremely common, cheap, and their rifles are just the same

this is one of their more expensive models, but it's on sale. I wouldn't recommend it for home defense given just how long the A2s are, however.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...lassic-ar-15-rifle-13-5-m-lok-rail-black.html

This is also a fairly decent starter rifle to get into guns. Firearms is a very nice and rewarding hobby. Even the simplest things like zeroing a scope or something like that can be extraordinarily satisfying. It's just gratifying.

Also, something to consider, ARs are quite possibly one of the absolute easiest guns to fieldstrip. ARs are just one of your best bets for an all round rifle. Hell, if you get an AR-10, (meaning its in things like 7.62x51 and such) you can use it for hunting decently large game, like deer. They're just extremely versatile.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-9mm-1-10-7-lightweight-m-lok-moe-sba3-pistol-5165450029.html

This one has a pistol brace, and is thus classified as a pistol. You can still shoulder the brace. Gun laws are neat like that.

Anyway, that's all the advice I've got to give regarding it, still open to give some clarification or whatever.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
whats a good home defense handgun
a handgun is just fine for home defense and typically a cheaper option than a full sized rifle while also allowing you the ability to not penetrate every fucking wall in your house

going on assuming you have very little knowledge:

In truth it comes down to your preference with shooting. the ergonomics of a lot of pistols matter to the individual shooter. I’d suggest going to a local range and renting different pistols and seeing if you can find one you like, or one similar to one you like on a website like classic firearms or something

Double Action/Single Action firing mechanism if you prefer having a safety on your firearm like me
Striker fired if you don’t want the safety and a more “mushy” trigger pull, to compensate for the lack of safety
it isn’t necessarily a heavier trigger pull than DA/SA in terms of pounds, but essentially the trigger pull ends up being longer before you actually meet the trigger’s resistance (that’s this mechanism’s form of safety, with the intention of allowing a quicker transition to shooting) but once you start shooting a lot/train with it it’s pretty easy to get past. especially on a well-made trigger

as for caliber that’ll also really come down to preference, don’t fall into the “superior round” gimmick or you’ll run yourself in circles. just try 9mm/.45 and see which you like better

you can find a good pistol for about 500-600 dollars, anything more is excessive imo unless you reaallly know what you want

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

>Full size ARs for home defense
55.6 goes through drywall like a knife through hot butter dingus. If they live with anyone else the chances of them harming said person is higher than whatever threat the intruder poses lmao

Enjoy getting barrelgrabbed with an AR trying to go into rooms lmao.

When it comes to home defense you are a lot better off with a pistol for maneuverability than with an AR, which goes a long way if you aren't professionally trained/have prior experience. And I'm assuming bubblegum has neither, and more than likely lives in an apartment (?).

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Feeling chuffed to bits, just got me first sharp knife license.

But no seriously, might get back into Rifle Shooting and get my hands on an Enfield. I started years ago - but never had enough money to do more than just friendly shooting on the range

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
60hi1g3s60u31.jpg

shia

the freakster
Nebulae
would still rather have a pistol than a carbine then lmao

easier to navigate if you live in an apartment/small house
5165450029.jpg

yeah but you can OPER8 br0

Also due to NFA fuckery, that thing right there is legally a pistol

shia

the freakster
Nebulae
probably do it a lot more than you, bubba

Lutys are cringe and only for big igloo if you live in orwellian sta- oh wait
tbh i don't really like the boogalo memes cos it's always just retards jerking themselves off over the fact they bought night vision goggles for upwards of 1k

big luau won't happen