gunsgunsgunsguns

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
what’d you end up shooting for your first time?

Glock 19 Gen 4.

I wasn't really aiming for anything other than the target. I was trying to hit the middle of its chest. Three of my shots strayed, but as I got more comfortable I guess I was better at hitting the target center mass.

Reactions: List

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
Glock 19 Gen 4.

I wasn't really aiming for anything other than the target. I was trying to hit the middle of his chest. Three of my shots strayed, but as I got more comfortable I guess I was better at hitting the target center mass.
nice
there’s a common belief that the first time shooting is always the most accurate, and for a lot of people it turns out to be true for a variety of reasons

so don’t be surprised if you do like, significantly worse next time until you get better lmao

I am definitely this case, ESPECIALLY with .45

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
nice
there’s a common belief that the first time shooting is always the most accurate, and for a lot of people it turns out to be true for a variety of reasons

so don’t be surprised if you do like, significantly worse next time until you get better lmao

Really? Why's that?

I am definitely this case, ESPECIALLY with .45

Is there a type of handgun with less of a kickback? The Glock 19 isn't that bad, but it still is jolting. I'm not that strong.

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
Really? Why's that?

Is there a type of handgun with less of a kickback? The Glock 19 isn't that bad, but it still is jolting. I'm not that strong.
9mm is your best bet then. your stance can help a little bit with controlling the weapon, as well as your grip
as for the reasons why it comes down to the shooter making simple mistakes, the first time shooting people tend to follow the basic principles better since they’re more conscious about it, then gain a sense of confidence about having such a good result the first time
then they get overconfident and don’t focus on the target properly, or jerk the trigger instead of squeezing, tensing up in anticipation of the recoil etc. that’s really the biggest killer - forgetting the basics or thinking you’re some kind of expert now
the placement of your finger on the trigger can also make a big difference for some people - the two most common and suggested being using the tip of your finger, and the other being to rest your trigger on the first joint of your finger - so basically for an easy visual the trigger resting on the first line of your index finger’s palm from the tip

when I first started shooting rifles I scored 320/350 on a practice run for a scored range and then the next day I scored 288/350
looked at my shooting book and learned I was jerking the trigger - and was shooting with scope shadow (something that only really applies to rifle scopes) and it’s all because I admittedly was too relaxed and confident about my score the past day

edit: also other things that help with the recoil of a handgun is the barrel length - obviously the longer ones will handle it a little better and can provide some better accuracy at greater distances.
the other thing being polymer vs steel - polymer guns are lighter so they can tend to kick back a little more, while steel ones are heavier and can absorb it a bit more. modern day handguns are mostly polymer however

Last edited:

shia

the freakster
Nebulae
that's all a man needs, and at least you know it's gonna shoot those six without problem
a nice 10mm can output shit nearly equal to a .41 magnum or so if you use hot loads, admittedly the .41 has a far higher max, but still a chonky semi auto cartridge

revolvers are outdated but certainly not irrelevant

shia

the freakster
Nebulae
IMG_20200207_160300591.jpg

IMG_20200207_155839735.jpg

baby deagle in 9mm, $399 in da bag

Last edited:

shia

the freakster
Nebulae
I’ve got a serious milsurp addiction please help I’m running out of money to buy a FAL

wHG1Uwn.jpg

yGmrF8T.jpg
i envy you

here i am tryna save up to buy some PSA AK-103 clone

shia

the freakster
Nebulae
e325705aacbafb60b68ad4053fe4a227_1.jpg

5ff4c4eef335b69f6c78c929ff6f4025.jpg

PSA AK-103 Klone MSRP $699.99

Including a Fixed Stock / PSA Cold Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrel / Forged Bolt / Forged Carrier / Forged Front Trunnion

PSA AK-103 Klone– Premium $799.99

Fixed Stock / FN Cold Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrel with 4340 Aircraft Quality Lead Star Hammer Forged Front Trunnion

PSA AK-103 Klone SF MSRP $799.99

Side Folding Stock / PSA Cold Hammer Forged / Chrome Lined Barrel / Forged Bolt / Forged Carrier / Forged Front Trunnion

PSA AK-103 Klone SF- Premium MSRP $899.99

Side Folding Stock / FN Cold Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrel with 4340 Aircraft Quality Lead Star Hammer Forged Front Trunnion

im gonna go with SF or premium, which would you go for in ur personal opinion