Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
I'm just glad they brought back the Chad EP 2 Vort voice actor.

aka TONY FUCKING TODD.

AKA THE CANDYMAN.
Fuck, I knew it
I was asking in teamspeak yesterday who the fuck the voice actor was because I was so sure it was Tony Todd but couldn't be 100%
this confirmation makes me happy

candy man candy man candy man candy man candy man oh god oh fuck

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Fuck, I knew it
I was asking in teamspeak yesterday who the fuck the voice actor was because I was so sure it was Tony Todd but couldn't be 100%
this confirmation makes me happy

candy man candy man candy man candy man candy man oh god oh fuck
Yeah they brought him on for Episode 2 and I'm really glad he got to reprise his role again. He was/is by far the best Vort voice actor.

spalius

Nucleus
Nebulae
Except the graphics card that’s expensive is also required to run VR.
Not really. You don't need to buy a very expensive gpu for VR, even a gtx 1050 ti ( can suffice for VR (even though it's not VR ready), or buy an RX 570/580.( 130/160 euros). You can easily make a VR ready pc for less than 600 euros.
Mine, RX 570, runs VR at high quality with at no point the fps dropping below 90 (average fps about 115)

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

Ima slap Gaben with a juicy €1000 check on that thicc ass he has and he's gonna give me his very own Valve Index

I'm not even joking as soon as I have a job I'm buying it

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Yeah they brought him on for Episode 2 and I'm really glad he got to reprise his role again. He was/is by far the best Vort voice actor.
In a few months time...
[Suggestion] Add HL:A Vort voice lines to server

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
you dont need to spend two months worth of paycheck for a VR set, WMR headsets are pretty cheap and will hold for very good amount of time, not to mention that GTX 1060 is pretty cheap and even a GTX970 will run VR just fine which is what im using.
edit: hell even the oculus is pretty affordable if you know where you're looking and what you're looking at.

unless you're incredibly stupid to buy it directly from the retailer just because you couldnt spare a few minutes or an hour searching around for good prices or you're incredibly stupid to buy the most expensive VR set like Index or a pretty damn expensive HTC Vive

Last edited:

shit

Atom
Nebulae
Game looks cool and all but if John Patrick Lowrie aint going to voice citizens I cant play it

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
you dont need to spend two months worth of paycheck for a VR set, WMR headsets are pretty cheap and will hold for very good amount of time, not to mention that GTX 1060 is pretty cheap and even a GTX970 will run VR just fine which is what im using.
edit: hell even the oculus is pretty affordable if you know where you're looking and what you're looking at.

unless you're incredibly stupid to buy it directly from the retailer just because you couldnt spare a few minutes or an hour searching around for good prices or you're incredibly stupid to buy the most expensive VR set like Index or a pretty damn expensive HTC Vive
If you want to future proof your machine you do

Why settle for a GPU that's going to be outdated/not performing to game requirements in a matter of months when you can get a beefy GPU/CPU that will last you 4-5 years

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Why settle for a GPU that's going to be outdated/not performing to game requirements in a matter of months when you can get a beefy GPU/CPU that will last you 4-5 years

Because maybe for you it's more sustainable to spend less money on shorter periods of time than more money in long periods.

That's why loans exist too.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I do need a new PC, but I am shit at like... y'know, making my own.

Anyone got something that'll last me the next few years in mind for a pre-build? Money isn't too much of a concern in that regard cause I've been saving up for fucking ages.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae

Anyone got something that'll last me the next few years in mind for a pre-build? Money isn't too much of a concern in that regard cause I've been saving up for fucking ages.
I brought a Dell inspirion gaming PC back when 3kliksphillip was sponsored by it around 2 years ago.
Has served me really well since I don't have as much spare time anymore.

Nebulae

for cpu literally any of the ryzen CPUs - since you have a good amount of cash i'd recommend the 3700 - 3900

gpu kinda up to you, 1070ti is a solid choice, or the 1080 onwards if you want a high-tier one

mobo could be pretty much anything, a good one is fairly cheap nowadays, just make sure whatever you decide to buy is compatible with it

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
for cpu literally any of the ryzen CPUs - since you have a good amount of cash i'd recommend the 3700 - 3900

gpu kinda up to you, 1070ti is a solid choice, or the 1080 onwards if you want a high-tier one

mobo could be pretty much anything, a good one is fairly cheap nowadays, just make sure whatever you decide to buy is compatible with it

either you buy 1080Ti or 1070Ti, the 1070Ti is nearly a 1080 so the 1080 isn't that worth it if you compare price/effectiveness

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I don't mind buying an already-built gaming rig, by the way.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I don't mind buying an already-built gaming rig, by the way.

Don't

I'll go to the UK and assemble it for you and it'll still be cheaper than buying a prebuilt one from a shop where they'll also use lower quality hardware to widen the coin benefit gap