Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
VmEnM6q.jpg

legends say the main character of half life 2 roleplay, 'ford focus' will be behind this void door stay tuned for my newest voice acting gig

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
UG5pZU7.png

Apparently I can also run it (by a notch), but my PC also doesn't meet the minimum requirements for HL:A... hmmmmmmmmm

The test was made for VR tech not for HL:A in specific so there'll be people who pass the test but can't reach the minimum for HL:A and people who narrowly pass it but can play HL:A just fine I guess

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
https://www.pcgamer.com/half-life-alyx-is-just-the-beginning-of-valves-return-to-the-series/

"It’s probably no surprise that many people at Valve have been wanting to get back to the Half-Life universe for a long time, and this experience has only reinforced that," he said. "In the process of creating Half-Life: Alyx, we’ve had to explore new ways to tell stories with these characters and this world, and we’ve discovered a lot of new gameplay experiences that go beyond what we’ve been able to do before. Of course, we’ll have to wait and see how people react to Half-Life: Alyx once it’s out, but we’d love to continue pushing forward."

tenor.png

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
where are you testing if your pc can run it

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Valve are massive cockheads honestly they only ever drop Half-Life games when they can create a new meta, next Half-Life game 2035 when you can transfer your conscience directly into your computer.
well; they did have their presentation about the idea of using brain implants to augment video gaming last year.

spalius

Nucleus
Nebulae
They said it depends on how well received Alyx is, which makes sense.
Don't they realise that part of the problem would be that it's VR? Wouldn't be fun, for valve employees to pretend that they are dumb and think that players didn't like the lore or something like that.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Don't they realise that part of the problem would be that it's VR? Wouldn't be fun, for valve employees to pretend that they are dumb and think that players didn't like the lore or something like that.
I imagine they'd look past the blind VR hate crowd and look to the actual player feedback received.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Half-Life as a series has always been massively innovative when it comes to pushing stuff. HL1 did it for FPS games, HL2 did it for the source engine and stuff so it doesn't shock me they're plunging into VR.

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
all these peeps complaining about buying a vr headset but spend the same or twice the price on a graphics card

VR is a great experience having played on it myself for a good while. valve is probably doing this to boost VR development so probably 5 or so years down the line itll be like buying any other computer component

spalius

Nucleus
Nebulae
Half-Life as a series has always been massively innovative when it comes to pushing stuff. HL1 did it for FPS games, HL2 did it for the source engine and stuff so it doesn't shock me they're plunging into VR.
I really like idea in VR itself, and I can easily see it as a future for many games. There, IMO, is no way to ease into VR from regular PC/console gaming. Just have to force the change and hope for the best.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
all these peeps complaining about buying a vr headset but spend the same or twice the price on a graphics card
Except the graphics card that’s expensive is also required to run VR.