Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

Flanders

Atom
Nebulae
Therapist: Mid-thirty's gman isn't real, he can't hurt you.
Mid-thirty's gman:
SmartSelect_20191122-000539_FaceApp.jpg

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Boneworks makes me want to nut.
Blade and Sorcery to brutally do gladiator combat and chop off limbs.
Pavlov VR (which is literally 5 dollars) to play CSGO in VR, TTT in VR, L4D2 in VR, or COD Nazi Zombies in VR.

These are so fucking cool like legit Blade and Sorcery specially is awesome.

Beat Saber - To swing swords around for several hours until your arms hurt. (I didn't think it'd be that fun BUT HOLY SHIT)

I suck at dancing and stuff but the game was incredibly fun too

the early combine soldiers look a bit goofy ngl

the unarmoured ones I mean, they're legit just wearing hazmat suits (if they even are combine soldiers that is)

I thought the unarmoured ones were OTA too but then I heard Dispatch so I'm not sure if it's OTA or early occupation CPs that share equipment with OTA but less buffy and not transhumanized.

Maybe there's not even proper OTA per se and just captured human soldiers forced to work like that? In the trailer they don't really seem to be acting too OTA-ey and they speak really human like so maybe all there is beyond the vocoder is a guy and that's all.

Also kind of interesting how some striders have platforms to travel onto, shows that maybe at that point there were no APC or similar local transports past synths.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Can't say I like the citadels being built over being teleported in.

I can buy them being modified post-invasion for human use (CA offices, platforms for transhumans, etc.) but it feels so terrifying, the idea of a citadel just appearing overtop of a city at the drop of a hat. I'd prefer it over them being slowly constructed overtime.
yeah but physics sorry

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Can't say I like the citadels being built over being teleported in.

I can buy them being modified post-invasion for human use (CA offices, platforms for transhumans, etc.) but it feels so terrifying, the idea of a citadel just appearing overtop of a city at the drop of a hat. I'd prefer it over them being slowly constructed overtime.

They were probably teleported but barebones as you see in the trailer

Perhaps by that point things like the suppression field or the thumping system to keep antlions out wasn't even a thing.

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
yeah but physics sorry

yes but sci-fi

you could say they warped into place without the citadel being absolutely being dorked up. or somehow the combine developed a way to slow the descent of the citadel so that it could still embed itself into place without fucking up the planet like a meteor. though in either case it bangs up whatever it lands ontop of which would be a nifty little detail to go into post-war about reconstruction efforts & the immediate surrounding area near the citadel being in ruins

the whole point of science fiction is to bend the rules
[doublepost=1574409990][/doublepost]

Perhaps by that point things like the suppression field or the thumping system to keep antlions out wasn't even a thing.

I like to imagine that suppression field technology is something that they know how to do but they have to tune it to each race so it takes some time to get it set up.

And considering that vortigaunts used to farm antlions and the combine have been chasing them for a while, it can be assumed that they've had to deal with antlions before.

Just a matter of setting each of those up I'd assume.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
yes but sci-fi

you could say they warped into place without the citadel being absolutely being dorked up. or somehow the combine developed a way to slow the descent of the citadel so that it could still embed itself into place without fucking up the planet like a meteor. though in either case it bangs up whatever it lands ontop of which would be a nifty little detail to go into post-war about reconstruction efforts & the immediate surrounding area near the citadel being in ruins

the whole point of science fiction is to bend the rules
there's suspension of disbelief and then there's dropping a building that is many times higher than the burj khalifa from what is practically orbit and expecting it to survive impact without killing everything it's supposed to have a zone of control over/collapsing

"muh sci-fi" doesn't justify something like that, and i prefer them building it over anything because it means that they understand that too

they probably brought them with them considering the grubs in the medic station

jamEs

fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer
Nebulae
looks like I'll have to watch this one on twitch boys :mad:

harry

Atom
Nebulae
female protagonist so cringe idk why they invented this fake alyx character just for the game??? thanks valve -.-

(alyx isn't capitalized because i don't see her as a person)

sambo

biased shitlord
Nebulae
yeah valve fail with w*măn protagonist if i want to play as womens i make female character (not rly xP) i hope that theres a cooking and cleaning segment for realism tbh -.- since woman fighting combine not realistic tbh....ota and cps strongest men in world....alyx is female (and BLACK, epic fail valve lol!)....at least gordon make sense killing 300 enemies ez because he was gamer

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
young gman looks like one of those 17 year old pimps on tiktok that think wearing a suit and cocking a half-smirk makes you a fuck magnet