Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
HL:A did precisely what I thought it’d do: Dropped roleplay lore purists directly on top of their heads.

I especially love how talkative the soldiers were during Eli’s capture and basically spat on people’s robot interpretations of those characters.

Love this new direction for Half-Life.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
HL:A did precisely what I thought it’d do: Dropped roleplay lore purists directly on top of their heads.

I especially love how talkative the soldiers were during Eli’s capture and basically spat on people’s robot interpretations of those characters.

Love this new direction for Half-Life.
Honestly? I've always thought this line of thought to be a little wonky. A lot of what anyone had to go off of was what we directly see, the artbook and what Laidlaw said. I've never been a fan of when people go "PURISTS BTFO" as if they were expected to know what Alyx would bring to the table.

I'm obviously not saying I don't like things being loosened and I LOVE all the new stuff (as well as how liberal I've been in writing the lore so far) but even then there were cases when those "purists" got proven right and everyone kinda had to make deflective memes to not admit it went both ways.

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
tbh could do with an entire HL2RP map in the quarantine zone, that environment is really striking.
I'd love to run an event series in that sort of area. No way it doesn't still exist (or that most cities don't have such areas).

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I'd love to run an event series in that sort of area. No way it doesn't still exist (or that most cities don't have such areas).
tbh I'd make it a dominant part of a main server map.
Then remove CWU from production/ manufacturing and put their workers exclusively on quarantine cleanup and city development.

Cindy

Nebulae
Honestly? I've always thought this line of thought to be a little wonky. A lot of what anyone had to go off of was what we directly see, the artbook and what Laidlaw said. I've never been a fan of when people go "PURISTS BTFO" as if they were expected to know what Alyx would bring to the table.

I'm obviously not saying I don't like things being loosened and I LOVE all the new stuff (as well as how liberal I've been in writing the lore so far) but even then there were cases when those "purists" got proven right and everyone kinda had to make deflective memes to not admit it went both ways.

Never expected for anyone to know what was going to come, but I’ve seen so many people be in absolute denial of HL:A and saying things like “I’m pretending the first 20 minutes doesn’t exist” because it runs against what lore they’ve built up in their heads on massive stretches of guesstimations of a relatively small fraction of HL2.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Never expected for anyone to know what was going to come, but I’ve seen so many people be in absolute denial of HL:A and saying things like “I’m pretending the first 20 minutes doesn’t exist” because it runs against what lore they’ve built up in their heads on massive stretches of guesstimations of a relatively small fraction of HL2.

now we just have to be the change

vortigaunts are now monkey men

cps are now all functionally retarded

OTA are now characters

wyd nebuloids

Cindy

Nebulae
now we just have to be the change

vortigaunts are now monkey men

cps are now all functionally retarded

OTA are now characters

wyd nebuloids

[doublepost=1585070316][/doublepost]
Ah you saw that post too lmao

love the fella who said it but man that post earned him a smack upside the head from me

Smiley

Navy is a colour
Nebulae
Just completed my first playthrough, Will be trying to play through it again tonight beginning at about 9:30 GMT - 4 hours from this post. Will set up a stream so anyone who wants to watch a full playthrough can, it'll be no commentary with as cinematic plays as I can make, continous movement and maybe 1 or 2 bathroom breaks but I'll see if I can get it running then drop a link closer to the time.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i cant wait for the suggestion to buff vorts considering they're near-godlike in hla

lil god monkey men with parkour skills

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I'm almost halfway through watching IGN's walkthrough of the game, and wew.
OTA calling out for Alyx around the end of the Northern Star level sounded so uncanny, and I like it.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Honestly as controversial as it sounds, there isn't much in HL:A that changes my perspective on City RP from a gameplay perspective

This isn't really a spoiler but the way the civs are dressed we have that in the server basically anyway. Same with the cops

If anything I'd say HL:A confirmed some stuff we have already, union sanctioned foods and pre-war stuff being hard to come by (This is actually confirmed/hinted at by a piece of dialogue too, I thought it was neat)

However HL:A has done wonders for my inspiration when it comes to story telling, particularly awakening and potentially further plotlines

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Honestly as controversial as it sounds, there isn't much in HL:A that changes my perspective on City RP from a gameplay perspective

This isn't really a spoiler but the way the civs are dressed we have that in the server basically anyway. Same with the cops

If anything I'd say HL:A confirmed some stuff we have already, union sanctioned foods and pre-war stuff being hard to come by (This is actually confirmed/hinted at by a piece of dialogue too, I thought it was neat)

However HL:A has done wonders for my inspiration when it comes to story telling, particularly awakening and potentially further plotlines

are any factions planning on undergoing changes post hla

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
are any factions planning on undergoing changes post hla
If this is bad news, I'm sorry but probably not, no

There isn't really much that shows anything drastic. And no, OTA talking more doesn't mean anything in terms of their function in the server.

However, incorporating ideas, technology and various other elements is a possiblity but you have to understand that, at the end of the day - we do things our way.