Half-Life: Alyx Official Thread

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
They added a Fast Headcrab but cut it out with the Fast Zombie, stating that it would be too much for the player to experience a fast zombie running towards it out of a corner lol
oh god imagine it leaping right into your face while screaming in full VR.
Fuckkkk no

Reactions: List

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
I really like searching for resin and ammo. VR makes you feel like you're actually ransacking a hidden place. It's fun to just pull random boxes off a shelf and find it hidden.

tc5670

Quark
Nebulae
Anyone else think there's a mechanic that increases the amount of ammo you find for a certain weapon depending on what you use? I used the combine pistol for most of the game in my first playthrough, and got loads of ammo for it, but hardly found any for the shotgun. On playing through a second time, I've found loads of ammo for the shotgun since I've started using it more.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae

isn't it so weird how she's kinda being a cunty dick to the advisor and didn't immediately get vored by their little tongue? it's almost as if you should be able to have dialogue with combine higher ups / cabs / a fucking RL without their first thought is gouging your eyes out or stabbing them out OF DISRESPECT. oh yeah and advisors have advisor bosses lol

sure you can play your characters differently but not everything is so goddamn cut-throat and dry and everyone is a fucking bad guy like fuck

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Finally the Valve Intro guy face has been revealed
image0.png

Tbh I hoped they‘d have just ported Coach‘s face into Source 2 and used him for the Valve guy model

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Finally the Valve Intro guy face has been revealed
image0.png

Tbh I hoped they‘d have just ported Coach‘s face into Source 2 and used him for the Valve guy model
To be honest.
It feels wrong to witness this man's face, his identity was an enigma for decades.
Plus, the idea of seeing his face gives me SCP-096 Vibes

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Plus, the idea of seeing his face gives me SCP-096 Vibes
The Valve Guy should be a SCP seeing how creepy he is, I literarily backed off from my PC the first time I saw him turn around in Portal 2‘s intro

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
The Valve Guy should be a SCP seeing how creepy he is, I literarily backed off from my PC the first time I saw him turn around in Portal 2‘s intro
vALVE was cutting off the video feed for your protection Ricsow!

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I do wonder why VALVE makes so many funny games yet their intro makes you feel like someone is about to kill you lol
Part of the charm in my opinion. It's got a sense of unease and foreboding that I really dig, especially when all other company splash screens is just a image of their logo and some chirp sound effect.

Although the fanmade TF2 variant is still one of my favourites, mostly because of the TF2 remix they put on the theme.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Part of the charm in my opinion. It's got a sense of unease and foreboding that I really dig, especially when all other company splash screens is just a image of their logo and some chirp sound effect.

Although the fanmade TF2 variant is still one of my favourites, mostly because of the TF2 remix they put on the theme.

The Mr. Valve one is fucking weird too

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

isn't it so weird how she's kinda being a cunty dick to the advisor and didn't immediately get vored by their little tongue? it's almost as if you should be able to have dialogue with combine higher ups / cabs / a fucking RL without their first thought is gouging your eyes out or stabbing them out OF DISRESPECT. oh yeah and advisors have advisor bosses lol

sure you can play your characters differently but not everything is so goddamn cut-throat and dry and everyone is a fucking bad guy like fuck

NOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST FORCE ME TO NOT PLAY A 1 DIMENSIONAL BAD GUY CHARACTER

metropaun

hass ist keine emotion sondern ein zustand
Nebulae
EQ28LRCU8AEGoTD
The beer bottles under Russel's apartment window in the trailer are a subtle sign of his alcoholism, which you see Russel attempt to overcome during Half-Life: Alyx.

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae
Gmk7wCz.png

10DitFa.png

3afl3Fs.png

oLKq3hv.jpg

CnQSHEB.png

you've to get a bit creative when it comes to pushing buttons but das aite

wkSzMJe.jpg

overall pretty fun experiment, can't wait to get my index to play this properly

desktop also allows you to view the game from pretty cool and immersive angles though

8RqOp5U.jpg

NgFq9df.jpg

pVRkX5q.jpg

F8WL1Sj.jpg