HL2RP² Lore Questions Thread

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
im not a lore master or expert on human behaviour or anything but if an alien empire came around and proceeded to defeat the combined might of every nation's armed forces in a mere 7 hours then id feel powerless to do anything to oppose their policies on human reproduction. bothered, for sure, but powerless.

regardless, my main question isnt about whether the combine is "no sex" or not, i am mainly concerned with what ages are acceptable for our characters to have.

nah i'd carbomb them

Reactions: List

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
Hi! I have a lore question.

…No, you can’t have it. It’s my question. Get your own.

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
what ages are acceptable for our characters to have.
what-do-you-mean-by-that-druski.gif

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae

Prob just asking cuz the supression field

@Zarail 7HW was 2002 and the IC year is the current year. Your character could not have been born after the Combine’s arrival, so at least 22 years old inferring the fact that the 7HW had to have occurred after May 16th in 2002.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
still creased at me playing a 17 year old before and having people absolutely cope and seethe at my mere presence in the server

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
no it was questioning if he really would because of his extremist approach to non-confrontationalism

RP is different to real life

i don't like having to confront people i cant physically assault

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
Prob just asking cuz the supression field

@Zarail 7HW was 2002 and the IC year is the current year. Your character could not have been born after the Combine’s arrival, so at least 22 years old inferring the fact that the 7HW had to have occurred after May 16th in 2002.
in that case ill make sure my character's birth date was may 15th 2002
jokes aside, thank you

my question still remains regarding the highest age we can pick in case i want to make an old fart.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
in that case ill make sure my character's birth date was may 15th 2002
jokes aside, thank you

my question still remains regarding the highest age we can pick in case i want to make an old fart.

my headcanon is that there is no hard and fast age limit

if you're a rebel then you're not beholden to the combine and can be as old as you want

if you were loyal then the only limiting factor is "are you still able to work"
you can be 80 and still be a pen pusher successfully

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
my headcanon is that there is no hard and fast age limit

if you're a rebel then you're not beholden to the combine and can be as old as you want

if you were loyal then the only limiting factor is "are you still able to work"
you can be 80 and still be a pen pusher successfully
im mostly thinking of people who were in the cities under combine rule before the uprising started, and that they joined only when/after it started.
if the combine had any policy regarding killing the elderly (which i think older iterations did? maybe not the latest one but at least an older one, unless im mixing up with another server), then people above a certain age wouldnt be present in the cities unless they had already gone underground.

maybe im talking out of my ass here but i just wanna make sure i understand things right.