HL2RP² Lore Questions Thread

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
hi guys. today’s sleep-deprived roleplay doc from cindy is about medigel-induced psychosis and the short-lived fad of pouring medigel into jello moulds at local city administration parties
Do it.

lol injection of medigel induces a state of euphoria and an overdose will result in severe mental issues

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
While we're all arguing about medigel, I'm wondering

What was actually in the HL1 health stations anyway

813mwXM9EyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: List

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
While we're all arguing about medigel, I'm wondering

What was actually in the HL1 health stations anyway
1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix 1 can prepared coconut–pecan frosting 3/4 cup vegetable oil 4 large eggs 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 3/4 cup butter or margarine 1 2/3 cup granulated sugar 2 cups all-purpose flour Fish-shaped crackers Fish-shaped candies Fish-shaped solid waste Fish-shaped dirt Fish-shaped ethylbenzene Pull-and-peel licorice Fish-shaped volatile organic compounds and sediment-shaped sediment Candy-coated peanut butter pieces (shaped like fish) 1 cup lemon juice Alpha resins Unsaturated polyester resin Fiberglass surface resins and volatile malted milk impoundments 9 large egg yolks 12 medium geosynthetic membranes 1 cup granulated sugar An entry called: "How to Kill Someone with Your Bare Hands" 2 cups rhubarb, sliced 2/3 cups granulated rhubarb 1 tbsp. all-purpose rhubarb 1 tsp. grated orange rhubarb 3 tbsp. rhubarb, on fire 1 large rhubarb 1 cross borehole electromagnetic imaging rhubarb 2 tbsp. rhubarb juice Adjustable aluminum head positioner Slaughter electric needle injector Cordless electric needle injector Injector needle driver Injector needle gun Cranial caps

Nebulae
is it possible for combine to win and install their portal, if so how would it affect the game?
From what I have noticed these days while playing, I have seen that the resistance is the main side and the one who has things in their favour, the is only portrayed as a strong empire but in game its actually not

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
is it possible for combine to win and install their portal, if so how would it affect the game?
From what I have noticed these days while playing, I have seen that the resistance is the main side and the one who has things in their favour, the is only portrayed as a strong empire but in game its actually not

i imagine its a case of versimilitude

the rebels can get wins and not have it majorly impact the server because no matter how many combine die you can reasonably say "yeah they just send in reinforcements"

if the combine start regularly getting wins you'd get a game-over scenario fairly quickly, because everyone is dead

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae

guess you'll have to find ou--

i imagine its a case of versimilitude

the rebels can get wins and not have it majorly impact the server because no matter how many combine die you can reasonably say "yeah they just send in reinforcements"

if the combine start regularly getting wins you'd get a game-over scenario fairly quickly, because everyone is dead

SHUT UP MAXENZIE!!!!!!!!!

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
On the contrary, the Combine is still incredibly powerful. Last map, they had plethora of Synthetic support - and rebels barely got kills on even the smallest of them. Mostly APCs on this map from what I've seen, but the Combine has the benefit of being structured like a fighting force through and through. They have more potential for consistency on the field - whereas rebel excursions can range anywhere between "refugee with a pipe running around all by himself" and "six people with SMGs and two vorts out for blood."

Nebulae
On the contrary, the Combine is still incredibly powerful. Last map, they had plethora of Synthetic support - and rebels barely got kills on even the smallest of them. Mostly APCs on this map from what I've seen, but the Combine has the benefit of being structured like a fighting force through and through. They have more potential for consistency on the field - whereas rebel excursions can range anywhere between "refugee with a pipe running around all by himself" and "six people with SMGs and two vorts out for blood."
are there chances for combine to win this battle? if so what would happen?

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i mean, if we go full strict-hl2 lore analysis mode the combine will most likely eventually be coming back in full swing (as long as there isnt another gman/freeman intervention)

at the end of one of the games when the citadel falls (ep1?) there's a kleiner speech, here's an excerpt
[...]Combine forces currently stationed on earth are now isolated units, stranded. However, this is most likely a temporary sate of affairs, as we once learned to our dismay, even the relatively tiny fracture at black mesa gave our enemies an opening which they were able to force even wider, as they poured through in greater and greater numbers. In addition to the completely xenotheric species, there are many modified post human allies still remaining on earth who will be doing the utmost to re establish lines of communication and supply with the larger forces. Even so, there is greater reason for hope now than at any time in the past decade.[...]

He also mentions that the left-over combine units (OTA and stalkers in this case since he refers to post-human allies) are actively working on re-establishing communication with the combine

Kleiner also mentions that they've made significant scientific strides under the combine occupation, most likely referring to the teleporter, and the rocket they launch at the end of episode 2, which if I remember correctly was intended to close the portals that let the combine attack earth

We don't know what happens after that cause that's the last game (chronologically) in the series

---

That's from the strict game lore perspective, from a server lore perspective we have this piece of information
Now to most, the campaign for Earth seems to be at a stalemate. Many cities, particularly in Europe, face unrest and insurrection. However, these have yet to meet the same level of conflict that ensued in City 17 – their citadels still stand even with their portal systems severed; they continue to house Combine tools of war. LAMBDA’s inner circle and its next-steps remain veiled to their distant allies, and Freeman’s spontaneity coupled with his quasi-mythological status leaves him just that, a myth rather than a practical resistance asset. Ending this limbo will not be through one fell-swoop operation, but a lengthy conflict in the hands of fragmented cells.
The server is set in the world after Ep2, and all of the conflicts so far have been happening in Eastern Europe (The Sea of Azov (first map) and now we are somewhere further north, so somewhere around the Ukraine area, City 17 itself is Sofia, Bulgaria according to the CP app template)

So there is a significant amount of resistance against the combine (In Europe specifically, we don't know much outside of it aside from the fact that there's been a mass exodus from America due to Xenian infestations)

Like the text says it can pretty much go either way with both sides being evenly matched, and we don't know much until the lore continues to develop

So pretty much its a race against time with rebels having to prepare and stop the oncoming mass-invasion (using whatever technological advantages they may have to their advantage like the teleporter and the portal storms rockets) and the combine rushing to re-establish communications

---

From a gameplay perspective the resistance has always been favoured out of fairness for the gamemode since theyre at a severe disadvantage and the main protagonists of the series itself, in order to make the server more fun and sustainable

Last edited:

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
why isn’t there a “Roleplay Documents” thread?
it would really help us to get informed about things and events happening

It was discussed in the last staff meeting. And its in the talks by the people who were looking into contributing to the writing of it.

Cindy

Nebulae
It was discussed in the last staff meeting. And its in the talks by the people who were looking into contributing to the writing of it.

Not sure if this is what they meant by a "Roleplay Documents" thread but it'd be really cool to have like a "Recent Events" thread that's unlocked for people to write up posts about things that have happened and thus keep people who haven't been on up to date on server happenings.

Wouldn't be used for the finer "Find Out IC" details but more for like "rumor has it a strider fell on this building in the east and there have been sightings of a Gargantua stomping around in that region" sort of stuff.

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
Not sure if this is what they meant by a "Roleplay Documents" thread but it'd be really cool to have like a "Recent Events" thread that's unlocked for people to write up posts about things that have happened and thus keep people who haven't been on up to date on server happenings.

Wouldn't be used for the finer "Find Out IC" details but more for like "rumor has it a strider fell on this building in the east and there have been sightings of a Gargantua stomping around in that region" sort of stuff.

Could an in-game rumour board work better where people can leave notes? And it can be cleared with info that grows irrelevant?
That's my suggestion.

Though I'll bring up the suggestion.

Cindy

Nebulae
Could an in-game rumour board work better where people can leave notes? And it can be cleared with info that grows irrelevant?
That's my suggestion.

Though I'll bring up the suggestion.

I like that idea too, but I think a forum-sided one to help segue players who haven't been on the server for a minute to still keep in touch with things their characters would still know (because it's not like their characters suddenly left the area when they disconnected) would still benefit people greatly.

Cindy

Nebulae
dear god ive been awake for too long i just used the wrong their/there/they're