jk8KvbC.png

xQ8ilBG.png

why did we set this in sudan and then treat it like iraq

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
why did we set this in sudan and then treat it like iraq
because baker said "sudan" and we're both racist and were like "yeah thats got desert and stuff" and then it was the middle east

Tbh you could have treated it with all of the respect in the world and the playerbase probably would have made stereotypes and done terrorist attacks within two days anyway lol

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
image.png

New_Project.png

"<:: It's a tough life being a detective, Y'know. People don't like ya for gettin' into their business... But my business is doing just that... ::>"

DAGGER-3's alternate timeline self. Credit to @Blitz0012

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Tbh you could have treated it with all of the respect in the world and the playerbase probably would have made stereotypes and done terrorist attacks within two days anyway lol
Islamic extremist terrorist attacks are like 100x more frequent in Africa btw, just fyi

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
Oh boy, do I really gotta dust off the old "big reply" gloves. Jfc I'm retired leave me alone.

Okay jokes aside, this is what I have to say:

Keep in mind, we are the ones who decide who runs projects here. if for some reason we have reservations, be it due to your idea not being something we like or you personally not having our trust - expect to be told no. I would argue it's common sense really.

This is actually incorrect, we tried discord initially and basically everyone said no we want TS. So we did. By the time discord started being "mainstream" we'd already decided not to use it and we had settled with TS. The forums did everything a discord did really, even if we had made one back then nothing would've changed; people constantly made private circlejerk ones so, what's the point.

We let people get their work for the archives (I've been a bit slow about it recently sorry), but don't act like it's anything new. FTRP, Experiment and WW3 all got archived too. It's just how it works.

Bullshit, we were upfront and honest about this and didn't try to put on the facade about it. Have nostalgia about LP all you want but we set out to make sure people knew what they were getting into.

We were extremely lax when it came to premium stuff, compared to our peers. Premium vaults, bodygroups and a couple of, let's say, bonus whitelists hardly compare to shit like buying entire characters, paying to add snowflake models, paying for staff rights and tons of other shit servers did back then. You're clearly just jaded and think what we did was the worst, no. Far from it.

Hey, I still invested most of my free time into it until I think 2020 when I literally could not do it anymore. The same goes for the staff team members I worked with, as well as the other headstaff members like @alex @Jaydawg @`impulse who, while not the most "up-front" about their involvement were in 24/7 communication with me about the server; how to improve it, what we need to be doing and so on.

Not that you'd know that, because you've never had any actual clue how we operated and you still don't. Your post comes from a place of knowing not a lot.

Because GMOD is a game that some of us have wasted too much time in and don't want to forever be stuck with it. There's nothing else to it buddy

I wanted to keep running it, up until I didn't. Then I stepped away.

As for "checks" idk what kind of assumption you were under but I'll spell it out for you: Being SD was not a job for me, I wasn't paid for it nor did I ever ask to be paid. It was a running joke.

You'll find most of those issues were caused by communication (or lack thereof). A lot of stuff happened and we just weren't told.

I was the SD who made those calls and I was on the server almost every day for nearly 7 years. Shut up lmfao

And? Do you not like being told no? Deal with it.

I don't really have much else to say to the rest of ur post tbh

I get this comes from a place of frustration but please don't go in swinging with shit you just concocted in ur head gamer
my dogs reaction to all dat shit

JuEOp1y.jpeg