Hunt Down Freeman

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Being entirely genuine? Some of that doesn't look terrible - but it also feels next to nothing like HL2. That snow section felt more like the opening of Wolfenstein than anything else.

The only bit I'm remotely interested in is seeing the 7 hour war section, which I'll probs just use youtube for. Not spending money on this.

Game looks like it could've been it's own thing but for some reason decided to leech on to the Half-Life name for publicity.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Game looks like it could've been it's own thing but for some reason decided to leech on to the Half-Life name for publicity.
I'd have probably actually given it a chance then.

I'm also pretty goddamn sure the 'giant synths' in the 7 hour war section are upscaled models with all the resulting clipping issues because they all just seem to waddle about standing out in the open en-masse and don't react right to grenades and such. It feels weird to watch and it clearly isn't a design choice.

In fact at 7:09 I'm certain you can see the AI trying to move and it literally can't because the model is stuck on the terrain as they're not actually giant models.

Reactions: List

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae

When you analyze the gameplay /trailer/ which by the way "Only took 8 minutes to record" according to that mod that @Slim showed us. It looks as though the animations and such have just been recycled or taken from GMod addons.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Being entirely genuine? Some of that doesn't look terrible - but it also feels next to nothing like HL2. That snow section felt more like the opening of Wolfenstein than anything else.

The only bit I'm remotely interested in is seeing the 7 hour war section, which I'll probs just use youtube for. Not spending money on this.
The devs do have some degree of skill and talent but they’re fucking with the legendary franchise by trying to make a half life game as no one can replicate the experience

Idk why valve hasn’t cut ties with them on account of stolen assets anyways

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Idk why valve hasn’t cut ties with them on account of stolen assets anyways

Because the game isn't released yet and they'll do that if/when a DMCA is submitted against them.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Because the game isn't released yet and they'll do that if/when a DMCA is submitted against them.
The only creator (as far as I know) who has backed off of their claim is Crowbar Collective (I think it was) because the devs stupidly didn't make it clear a lot of their shit in that trailer they put out last month where stand in models.

They didn't have their own shit literally less than a month before they were meant to release.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
You know you can expect a good game, especially when one of the main devs is so hyped for it!

MF5k7S4.png

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
IDK about you but the dev team must've been thwacked around the head with a crowbar a couple times to think any of their practices - or the product they've made - is up to par.