I have never played GTA RP

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I guess I'll reinstall it some time and see how I fare then I guess.
what CPU do you have? gta world runs so well for people because they have no AI and they barely have any modded vehicles to kill your game with texture loss

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
youll probably have some texture loss going on depending on how high resolution some of the modded vehicles are, and youll def have to knock down the graphics but it should be playable on lower settings. its really, really dependent on the polycount and the size of mod textures when youre threading the needle with your hardware
[doublepost=1649719087][/doublepost]@Aether you could however run it perfectly fine with a low graphics fivem mod, but you'd be running in quality similar to gta san andreas

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
youll probably have some texture loss going on depending on how high resolution some of the modded vehicles are, and youll def have to knock down the graphics but it should be playable on lower settings. its really, really dependent on the polycount and the size of mod textures when youre threading the needle with your hardware
[doublepost=1649719087][/doublepost]@Aether you could however run it perfectly fine with a low graphics fivem mod, but you'd be running in quality similar to gta san andreas

What, realistically, would be best to improve to give me the best experience? Just so I know what to prioritise, really. I was thinking graphics card as I've been having some uh... Visual glitches, we'll call them, for a while now, and usually updating my drivers wards them off for a while but every so often they've been breaking through lately.

Also off to sleep so I'll read more in the morning. Gnight and ty for your help/conversation so far on both threads.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
What, realistically, would be best to improve to give me the best experience? Just so I know what to prioritise, really. I was thinking graphics card as I've been having some uh... Visual glitches, we'll call them, for a while now, and usually updating my drivers wards them off for a while but every so often they've been breaking through lately.

Also off to sleep so I'll read more in the morning. Gnight and ty for your help/conversation so far on both threads.
if you upgrade your cpu then you'll also need a new motherboard to support a more up to date cpu socket, gpu would be the easiest to buy and install

in your case I think everything is a priority, you'll also need to look at your power supply since 500 watts will be the bare minimum for any future setup

e: and when you get a new motherboard you'll probably need to get new ram depending on if youre running ddr3 or ddr4, but granted its 2013/14 hardware it's probably ddr3

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
if you upgrade your cpu then you'll also need a new motherboard to support a more up to date cpu socket, gpu would be the easiest to buy and install
Ironically I do know what my motherboard is, it's the ASUS Z97-P. I'm not really sure what it can handle, though.

in your case I think everything is a priority, you'll also need to look at your power supply since 500 watts will be the bare minimum for any future setup
I'm not actually sure what power supply I have atm, but I'll look into that, thanks.

e: and when you get a new motherboard you'll probably need to get new ram depending on if youre running ddr3 or ddr4, but granted its 2013/14 hardware it's probably ddr3
I don't actually know for either, but I'll find out at some point, thanks for all your help.

Frosty

Schlong
Nebulae
Rather than make a new thread I'mma just resurrect this pre-existing one. Not like there's many threads in this sub-forum anyway, so it's not like I'm dredging from page 110.

I'm considering joining once this boat floats, though from the shreds I've seen and heard about it, I've been told that GTA5RP is more intensive for computers than baseline GTA 5 SP/MP. Is that the case? I'm kinda very much behind on hardware due to a lifelong series of unfortunate events and little to no money, and while I'm hoping to get some improvements over the rest of the year, I'm curious of what I'd need as a baseline to play without problems at a decent quality and consistently good frames.

Currently rocking a 750ti with 16 gb of ram and an i5-4460 from 2013, so y'know, not great.

Tech questions aside, for learning to play, I know from the Progress Updates that we're going to be unique in comparison to the other servers, but is there any good ones/recommended ones for learning to play on? Could be handy to get some experience in before the server actually goes live so I don't relive my bambi years of 2013 on Lemonpunch, as nice as it was.
Dunno why you’d want to play another server to just get experience. Games are always way more fun when you first play them like.

GTA 5 ran completely fine on my old 660 card so I imagine a 750ti will be ok

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Dunno why you’d want to play another server to just get experience. Games are always way more fun when you first play them like.
Just to kind of wanted to get a feel for it all beforehand so I didn't end up making a mess, but I suppose a lot of us will be in that same boat from the get go, so... You make a good point.

GTA 5 ran completely fine on my old 660 card so I imagine a 750ti will be ok
Fair, here's hoping it works out well then.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
What, realistically, would be best to improve to give me the best experience?

I'll be honest, this is if you have extra cash, an SSD would do wonders for GTA. That game is very slow to load and if you are in multiplayer you want to load faster as well since you might miss on the action. Unless GTA:RP is doing some voodo magic, an SSD would improve loading speed (including texture popping etc.) by a huge margin

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'll be honest, this is if you have extra cash, an SSD would do wonders for GTA. That game is very slow to load and if you are in multiplayer you want to load faster as well since you might miss on the action. Unless GTA:RP is doing some voodo magic, an SSD would improve loading speed (including texture popping etc.) by a huge margin
SSDs are borderline required in todays market. you can pick up one for like 60-70 bucks nowadays
the only reason anyone I know still has hard drives is for backup storage

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
SSDs are borderline required in todays market. you can pick up one for like 60-70 bucks nowadays
the only reason anyone I know still has hard drives is for backup storage
Any cheapish recommendations? I'm willing to go for high end if I gotta but I'm about to get my own apartment

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Any cheapish recommendations? I'm willing to go for high end if I gotta but I'm about to get my own apartment
Literally any reputable seller has cheap ones, they're all passable. If you need a brand then Samsung or some other company

Woody

Neutrino
Nebulae
GTA can be fun but good god have I seen some real nasty internal staff stuff going on there. Like IRL friendships break apart over it. Other than that its pretty good and having the massive map and customisation is amazing.

Nebulae
GTA can be fun but good god have I seen some real nasty internal staff stuff going on there. Like IRL friendships break apart over it. Other than that its pretty good and having the massive map and customisation is amazing.

how can you stop being friends irl over gta