Suggestion Increase Civil Protection sprint speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
Simply not possible when you look at the amount of deaths during those fights. I'd also argue vorts are worth something like 3 cops each when they play smart.
Do note that I'm talking about the combat that I was involved in, I remember one of those screenshots being specifically sent to me during an attack on your barracks, when our fighting force was equal to yours at the time, and nobody from the rebel side was informed until we exfil'd, and I recall the counter-attack being something to note, too.

100/100 MP7 or bust. I personally refuse to use anything better, there are maybe 2-3 cops total that do use those guns and it's under specific circumstances.
Then with all due respect, you're fighting against the current, if you refuse to use 'better' guns then there's no reason to buff anything at all. I know Ron has been kicking my ass since we've gotten on this map, I'd say most of my deaths were from Ron's 103, so.
None of these can be used by a cop, neither me nor the average faction member.
Well aware, but you have to take it in from our perspective aswell, you are a piece of something larger that can actually support you, us rebels are left to our own devices, and we need to do the leg work to get those utilities kicking into gear.
The script manhacks are a meme.
You'd be surprised how much damage they deal + how annoying they are to shoot down, we had an entire situation underneath the bridge on our pylon where @Mads was stuck while you deployed 3-4 manhacks, and he was low enough to take notice and take care of them while we prevented you lot from pushing, so, take that as you will.
Not only are those limited, rebels also seem to have some access to those. Been seeing them lately.
They are limited for good reason, but I think we don't receive them often unless we disable the mines you've placed yourself, or gain them through other means (contracts/lambda etc, which are a lot more uncommon than you think), which leaves us to being on the same level as you, if not even lower as of recent, our main weaponry are the weapons we pick off your bodies, and the ammo from the stations is the only thing keeping us going for now, so I'd say we're slowly equalizing on that front.

Our snipers are met with your snipers aswell, so I think that's fair.

Reactions: List

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
you have grapple and can flag on an OTA after you die
I hope you do realise that these things exist in the first place because the imbalance is factual?
I know Ron has been kicking my ass since we've gotten on this map, I'd say most of my deaths were from Ron's 103, so.
You're referring to an outlier here; as I said there's maybe 2-3 cops who use weapons better than the standard issue and not always. This faction has a capacity of 80 slots. The current rank distribution is as follows:
image.png

Meaning most cops in the faction have gear below an MP7, which is at this point abundant among the rebels. Balance changes should take the entire faction into consideration, not a single person.
which leaves us to being on the same level as you, if not even lower as of recent
Well that's simply untrue. Yesterday alone we had to fight 3 AS VALs (a 4 bodyshots to kill weapon), and a grand majority of the rebels seem to use MP7s, with the odd MP5 and Vityaz here and there. Don't forget the 130 armour.
Our "snipers" (one person in the OTA faction who flags up once every full moon) are purely reactive.
from what ive heard u can spawn urself guns and a bunch of other shit
I'm tired of hearing this argument, when before and after every big fight I hear "oh, we just had a big resupply!".
Or I hear a "we're running out of guns!", followed by us recovering 7 AKs two days later.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You're referring to an outlier here; as I said there's maybe 2-3 cops who use weapons better than the standard issue and not always. This faction has a capacity of 80 slots. The current rank distribution is as follows:
image.png

Meaning most cops in the faction have gear below an MP7, which is at this point abundant among the rebels. Balance changes should take the entire faction into consideration, not a single person.
you literally showed us 5 AK’s you have you just said you don’t want to use em bro get your money up not ur funny up sweetheart

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
yesterday alone we had to fight 3 AS VALs (a 4 bodyshots to kill weapon)
Applying your logic, those are outliers, AS val ammo is very hard to get, and the gun itself is quite rare, too.
Don't forget the 130 armour.
Also outliers, 130 armor is pretty expensive to make and you have to be connected to even think about getting a 100 blacksuit, let alone a 130
when before and after every big fight I hear "oh, we just had a big resupply!".
C24 has been terrible when it comes to resupplies, we're usually handed ammunition and grenades, and the medical supplies every so often, guns are actually a lot rarer in supply-station than in Asheville, from my experience.
Most rebels use MP7s
Correct, picked up from your bodies mainly. We've really been left to our own devices when it comes to guns this map I feel, so it comes from you mainly. So I don't think staff are quite involved in that.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
You'd be surprised how much damage they deal + how annoying they are to shoot down, we had an entire situation underneath the bridge on our pylon where @Mads was stuck while you deployed 3-4 manhacks, and he was low enough to take notice and take care of them while we prevented you lot from pushing, so, take that as you will.
I don't believe there have been script manhacks used in S2K for a while. Those situations were most likely me utilizing the player-controlled manhacks as a method to draw fire. I don't believe that were 3-4 manhacks though, of those that I had been involved in it was 1-2 manhacks with the stipulation of not deploying blades because undeployed you do ~5-10 damage a hit (which equates to a slight bit of armour and minour HP loss), Deploying the blades would do 40-50 damage or some other insane amount given the manoeuvrability of those things. Not to mention that primarily I tried flying like a displacement/distractionary device to try and encourage certain rebels out of cover/position. If for some reason someone was deploying their blades in an offensive way (doing 40-50 damage a hit) then I do apologize since that shouldn't have happened at all.

Though that's stopped now, as I do believe I've gathered enough information for myself regarding their potential future use in S2K in the future (at the request of ground units) and the request of the Dispatch faction lead ( @TommyGman ) until they have been codified into the server some-way.

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
also let me put in my real two cents

The Colt King revolver is the same one i found on Day One
my AKM is from apocalypse
the Winchester is the same one i got on day 1 of asheville
the M40 @TedHatty is the same one we got on the day 3 of asheville
the AK103 that @kifer uses is donkeys old
i can’t speak for anyone except orsted but i know our high tier weapons are OLD, we only use them when we KNOW we will win so they aren’t lost, they aren’t overpowered and CAN be beaten, so we only use them when it is strategically likely we won’t lose them

Nebulae
may also be worth pointing out (from what im hearing) that most of these fights, the combine side is the offensive team and its usually the case that defending in s2k is a fuckton easier than attacking isnt it

that said i feel like cops do have it shit right now at least to some extent, u get totally overshadowed by ota; from what im hearing cops go in purely to fucking die so that ota have a reason to go in lol

i agree there might be a need for some sort of rebalancing so cops arent totally redundant, but at the same time making cops more powerful could then fuck the balance for rebels because we also have to contend with ota (and gunships and choppers and apcs and striders and apparently whatever else is pilotable in the q menu)

it sounds more like ur just experiencing what happens when ur at the bottom rung of a system that's designed to have tiers of responses and u cant really change that without royally fucking us over

also dont cops have infinite vendors right now lol
exactly
rebels know the ins and outs of their region, since they dwell there 24/7
and some even prepare defenses, n practice em, knowing the angles and everything.
defensive team in such situations always got the upper hand

THE ONLY thing CPS actually need buffed, is tactical equipment
give CPs Smoke grenades infinitely, flashbangs finitely,
let's say, during assault each unit gets 5 smoke grenades, and 2 flashbangs.

some proper state sanctioned equipment in a lavish manner, so they can prepare offenses properly in their current situations,
this would change their approach dramaticly.
most cp pushes is just suicidal rush b for it without any tools for it

so call it, the offensive assault kit.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
you literally showed us 5 AK’s you have you just said you don’t want to use em bro get your money up not ur funny up sweetheart
And?
I'm not asking for better guns or better armour for cops, never had in fact. If I had the opportunity to mechanically lock myself out of using better guns (which I already don't) in order for other buffs to be considered, I would gladly take it.
Applying your logic, those are outliers, AS val ammo is very hard to get, and the gun itself is quite rare, too.
Those 3 AS VALs from yesterday were on top of Lord knows how many MP7s (meaning the average rebel outgunned the average cop in the fight).
It's very clearly part of a trend, we did not have to fight this many AKs or AS VALs on any of the previous maps. Oddly enough, the SKS seems to have become less common.
Also outliers, 130 armor is pretty expensive to make and you have to be connected to even think about getting a 100 blacksuit, let alone a 130
I'm not buying it, not with how many I've seen out there, nor with what I've seen happen to them - refer to my post on the matter on the first page.
Correct, picked up from your bodies mainly.
Civil Protection doesn't mainly use MP7s. There is another faction dropping those which I cannot account for, but the end result is that the rebels outgun CPs.

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
Those 3 AS VALs from yesterday were on top of Lord knows how many MP7s (meaning the average rebel outgunned the average cop in the fight).
It's very clearly part of a trend, we did not have to fight this many AKs or AS VALs on any of the previous maps. Oddly enough, the SKS seems to have become less common.
Have you considered the fact that rebels are going all out after hoarding so many of these guns because right now fights are meaningful and theres a clear outcome that is decided by these firefights. I know that we have a lot of good guns but we know we can still lose them to the random MP7 encounter.

I'm not buying it, not with how many I've seen out there, nor with what I've seen happen to them - refer to my post on the matter on the first page.
How can you tell which is 130 and which is 120? The trenchcoat models are bugged and they stay the same even if reinforced, eitherway, I get that can be frustrating.
Civil Protection doesn't mainly use MP7s. There is another faction dropping those which I cannot account for, but the end result is that the rebels outgun CPs.
I can count at least 9 MP7s that me and 1 other person picked up alone the past 3 days, it must've come from somewhere, and we havent been fighting OTA much either. That's all I'll say.

E1: I also have not picked up anything but an MP7 in those days or the majority of this map, not being picky, but that's what I see infront of me half the time, I only encountered one MP5K, and I doubt people are prioritizing the MP5K over the MP7 when it comes to looting.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
Have you considered the fact that rebels are going all out after hoarding so many of these guns because right now fights are meaningful and theres a clear outcome that is decided by these firefights.
And that is the reason why I included the screenshots in the original post, to refer to the big battles where the imbalance is apparent.
How can you tell which is 130 and which is 120?
If there's 120 suits out there then the situation is even worse than I thought, I was referring only to the 'Reinforced Gasmask Coat' script.
I can count at least 9 MP7s that me and 1 other person picked up alone the past 3 days, it must've come from somewhere, and we havent been fighting OTA much either. That's all I'll say.

E1: I also have not picked up anything but an MP7 in those days or the majority of this map, not being picky, but that's what I see infront of me half the time, I only encountered one MP5K, and I doubt people are prioritizing the MP5K over the MP7 when it comes to looting.
Then we do agree that the MP7 is the dominant rebel gun, even though it's not the one for Civil Protection.

image.png

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Yeah just a PSA incase it’s not been made public elsewhere, player controlled manhacks (not NPCs) are completely out of the question for S2K for the foreseeable future and I’m not content with how ppl in my faction have been using them. Those running miles with the privilege have been spoken to and appropriately warned.

In an ideal world I’d like to believe this means rebels would show the same respect and not use their own hacked, player controlled manhacks in S2K situations, but that’s not my jurisdiction to moderate and I leave that to @Numbers

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Yeah just a PSA incase it’s not been made public elsewhere, player controlled manhacks (not NPCs) are completely out of the question for S2K for the foreseeable future and I’m not content with how ppl in my faction have been using them. Those running miles with the privilege have been spoken to and appropriately warned.

In an ideal world I’d like to believe this means rebels would show the same respect and not use their own hacked, player controlled manhacks in S2K situations, but that’s not my jurisdiction to moderate and I leave that to @Numbers
i’ve attacked 5 cops ever with my hack and that was back in asheville, since then it’s been used specifically for scouting bc as funny as it is to do 4 damage to a cop it’s boring

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
If there's 120 suits out there then the situation is even worse than I thought, I was referring only to the 'Reinforced Gasmask Coat' script.
Yes, and there is a gasmask coat script, the lesser version of the reinforced gasmask coat script
And that is the reason why I included the screenshots in the original post, to refer to the big battles where the imbalance is apparent.
And like I told you many times already, we operate in small teams on attack, we don't run the whole citizen faction to try and attack you.
We are outnumbering you during our defenses, but I can guarantee you that the majority of the attacking forces are not as big as you imagine them to be, or organized either.

P.S edit, most of the MP7s of my group were gained by ambushing cops in the city, and I cannot stress that enough

I think we're running through loops here so I'll leave it at here, good luck

sky

Loremaster
Nebulae
Our snipers are met with your snipers with thermals that have his friends spam smoke grenades*
There is an extremely limited number of Combine players who have access to snipers, to a point where I would say that there are not just more rebel snipers overall, but also more opportunity for rebels to use their snipers without the Combine having any ability to bring out one in response. This is also forgetting that vortigaunts exist, who have a long range, infinite ammo, high damage beam (basically a semi-auto scopeless sniper).

I deployed on my elite with thermals and had @Simman102 spam smoke grenades for me in a single, specific engagement, so that I, as the only Combine sniper on, could take on multiple rebel snipers and vortigaunts, to help the Combine, who were outnumbered over 2:1, to secure the bridge. Ultimately, that was proportional force for that specific engagement; I am not going out every time rebels start sniping. Not to mention, rebels still ended up winning that fight.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
There is an extremely limited number of Combine players who have access to snipers

i dont get how you can make this argument when you are literally the person designating who is allowed to use a sniper

i just checked the roster and not a single unit has the
ADP-6oEIvC7bYHzXUg9NHecHxom_KH4ZMdoUitffXigPRWrh4C9Yw8Wk9h0UD5XOkkjNAzO9KRKZVDqabwLzemsQTCKz4Oc1Pmgv5B06jKNMcoGelrCpxhltdTeuvlEcbHSTvhrV7uiOAadZ0G1GlwJey8U6wL5TQIOK9vj2-9CkbEqZHCBv4_nHHkkojIfoYlBaLK4jmcCr0163j3EHWWYriYdRCzqdflPfie4C6Mc4mpWoEuWc4YmeVwaH0YSzDBAcEOKfp_Yu7VMLpOaAGqE37JSTazcWqxXG8BRU0Ahi9gk-WODHAl6oCvz0P5nmvnxeimSYWGKEAUXp3BNLds7imRH43Uvn1unURn3H1SrboWlUkXdOfleqt7Pfq-ARHjSxVlVRCYn7AESePHOL4TmGm_-hIKUQiQnLPZgkwykL_t5FbF5uSoef1uU1oNhq8IIHskrNzj5N0Z4HyboUaQxxCtKVJpWPMgbTWH9HmlPHcr_Ql0PXGvFbi6WNBVKr4uuEMJHInsSTWFWLANAUY2_bXDckvq3p1cHS-dxeIhykToahPBQHc7vPaPg6ePi1ZpgB4YmkjdiATX9o46NarpwVkijoP-18lFUvLVg7RZmBHXVGR9UawcQr_KUnGQsQFVtu6EzQEyLa7NUxiSFoK9dG4kDygPMF5NWfjpev490keykdljFVbs3RpGvRA_VcPw3nE9P478EUXHbIgyyQNOR6nRNkup97tyrbCA94b2-ZQBuLTAOfqluA-S0DxYtyVri8n_bOJVl2qmnfluI-SQ71--JeUgN3XzKxuI_3PHBbDQgTb65030eF9fMosA70crqsFffs18r_MOc3IXWtuoHGvXs0VQWTymGJCLEZty9kHxMNn-qiFFgRoWgm9siBcryrAt45c4ZjyI-g2-JGwJG-LjQeVEt77Nd0-BFLSH6RVuMeVOQOKQsQnwanG5Ck7NoGXHkCMTXHNZtDZ4Q=w64-h20
to mark they're allowed to use sniper rifles

sky

Loremaster
Nebulae
i dont get how you can make this argument when you are literally the person designating who is allowed to use a sniper

i just checked the roster and not a single unit has the
ADP-6oEIvC7bYHzXUg9NHecHxom_KH4ZMdoUitffXigPRWrh4C9Yw8Wk9h0UD5XOkkjNAzO9KRKZVDqabwLzemsQTCKz4Oc1Pmgv5B06jKNMcoGelrCpxhltdTeuvlEcbHSTvhrV7uiOAadZ0G1GlwJey8U6wL5TQIOK9vj2-9CkbEqZHCBv4_nHHkkojIfoYlBaLK4jmcCr0163j3EHWWYriYdRCzqdflPfie4C6Mc4mpWoEuWc4YmeVwaH0YSzDBAcEOKfp_Yu7VMLpOaAGqE37JSTazcWqxXG8BRU0Ahi9gk-WODHAl6oCvz0P5nmvnxeimSYWGKEAUXp3BNLds7imRH43Uvn1unURn3H1SrboWlUkXdOfleqt7Pfq-ARHjSxVlVRCYn7AESePHOL4TmGm_-hIKUQiQnLPZgkwykL_t5FbF5uSoef1uU1oNhq8IIHskrNzj5N0Z4HyboUaQxxCtKVJpWPMgbTWH9HmlPHcr_Ql0PXGvFbi6WNBVKr4uuEMJHInsSTWFWLANAUY2_bXDckvq3p1cHS-dxeIhykToahPBQHc7vPaPg6ePi1ZpgB4YmkjdiATX9o46NarpwVkijoP-18lFUvLVg7RZmBHXVGR9UawcQr_KUnGQsQFVtu6EzQEyLa7NUxiSFoK9dG4kDygPMF5NWfjpev490keykdljFVbs3RpGvRA_VcPw3nE9P478EUXHbIgyyQNOR6nRNkup97tyrbCA94b2-ZQBuLTAOfqluA-S0DxYtyVri8n_bOJVl2qmnfluI-SQ71--JeUgN3XzKxuI_3PHBbDQgTb65030eF9fMosA70crqsFffs18r_MOc3IXWtuoHGvXs0VQWTymGJCLEZty9kHxMNn-qiFFgRoWgm9siBcryrAt45c4ZjyI-g2-JGwJG-LjQeVEt77Nd0-BFLSH6RVuMeVOQOKQsQnwanG5Ck7NoGXHkCMTXHNZtDZ4Q=w64-h20
to mark they're allowed to use sniper rifles
Do you think people like playing versus snipers? It is specifically restricted to just CMD and ORD (5 people) because it is very powerful.

I was essentially the only Combine sniper for both Apocalypse and Asheville, and I was restricted to high heaven in its usage, specifically because of how powerful it was. It was a source of numerous complaints, to a point where I am now hardly allowed to use the sniper offensively again. @Numbers can vouch for that.

I do not think the fix for countering certain advantages rebels have is to introduce more Combine snipers. It will only make the experience worse for both sides. A better fix is giving the Combine tools and utility that allow them to better deal with these problems in different ways, like buffs to movement speed, as in this suggestion. The two sides are supposed to be asymmetric.

Status
Not open for further replies.