In Progress I've applied for the Royal Air Force!

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Some people know about this and have asked about it, mainly just wanted to post that after a year of dedication to my fitness and getting rid of a shitty medical false diagnosis, I am FINALLY pushing my application for the Royal Air Force through.

The role I'm applying for is the WSOp role, and is the Weapon system operator. The role is aircrew aboard a military aircraft either fixed wing or rotary, and is a junior officer role which pits the person to be in charge of the rear of the aircraft which includes;

Navigation
Logistics
Communications
Electronic warfare
Manning weapons (if applicable)
Liasing and coordinating with ground troops, support, vehicles and the like

Simply put, the pilot is the officer at the front of the aircraft, in the (junior) officer in charge of the rest.

I've done a lot of research about this, and I'd like to use this thread as a diary of sorts of my progress both fitness and with the application and any tests. As a good chunk of the playerbase is younger, hopefully I can provide good knowledge of what to expect or whatever questions people have who might also be looking at the military!

:)

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
Good luck with this! I'd join the army myself but I'm too much of a pussy to shoot another man and I don't like any of their non-combat roles.

Hope it works out for you my duder.

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Good luck man, your role is very important so you'll do well. It'll be tough, don't doubt that, but you'll make it in all likelihood

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
What role is that specifically?

It's merely the Air Training Corp, we're people who are still in school can go and study the workings of the RAF, along with a lot of other things, but it's mostly centered around the RAF due to it technically being a part of the RAF

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It's merely the Air Training Corp, we're people who are still in school can go and study the workings of the RAF, along with a lot of other things, but it's mostly centered around the RAF due to it technically being a part of the RAF

Ohhhh I see. I was thinking you worked in air traffic control ahaha but that's seriously cool. Do you think you'll go for a role within the RAF?

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
oh I am too
But I haven't been for ages