In Progress I've applied for the Royal Air Force!

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Hiya guys just a quick update!

Application went through Thursday night, Friday I received email confirmation of received. An hour later it was accepted for my eligibility and an hour after that I was drafted to organise my p2 presentation which will take place on Tuesday next week.

The presentation lasts 3 hours and is designed to give me as much info as possible on the various boot camps and stages of training, as well as provide information about the application process in general. Because I'm going to a senior non commission officer rank, and essentially do 10 years of leadership training in -11 weeks- my job is among the 5 hardest in the airforce it would seem, NCAITC is the officer course, if you are interested in how hard it truly will be for me, follow this link and have a read

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/media/2232/20170117-ncaitc-booklet-for-nca-o.pdf

That's all for now folks, I'll answer questions in the meanwhile but the next update will be Tuesday!

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Good luck, don't die.
You got any idea where you'll be stationed?

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Good luck, don't die.
You got any idea where you'll be stationed?

No idea when it comes to deployment locale and I won't know till my training is done - my first deployment is a U.K. Defence team but that could have me re locate every couple of weeks to other bases.

I know they have bases and communities in Gibraltar, Falkland Islands, Ascension Island and Cyprus amongst others so all exciting!

Basic training is 9 weeks
Ncaitc is 11 weeks
Pretty sure rotary training is like 24 months so it could be a while

JakeCake

String
Nebulae
Sweet, best of luck man. I myself have entered a military education myself. What it means is that I will be following 3 weeks regular theoretical lessons and each 4th week I will be going to do military activities throughout the whole weak and get prepared to enlist in the army as a maintenance engineer.

Anyhow, rooting for you!

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Update!

Had my P2 presentation for WSOp and ATC recruits earlier today. The presentation lasted four or so hours and incorporated group work with other possible recruits. There were about 7 people there and it was a much more personal and informal experience than I thought. The woman giving the presentation was fantastic and the presentation was very informative.

We as a group had to handle a non military task and situation and it was to do with managing a concert and objectives. We took 40 minutes to do this and it was pretty cool having a discussion, some people were really outspoken, some were mega quiet. I was in the middle.

They looked through the 20+ pages of documentation including my birth certificate, driving license, passport, grades, bank statements etc. I was then given a huge packet of 20+ pages of documents pertaining to the role and what's expected of me, including the next steps. My next phase is to attend the first major test, and perhaps the biggest of them all - the aptitude test.

A days worth of mental agility tests on a computer, to test natural reaction and skills that the individual is born with as well as mechanical and electrical comprehension, and mathematics (Speed distance time calculations are awkward). This test is taking place on march the 20th, and i'll know on the day as to if i have passed or failed. This is one the big mental one, and i have confidence in the other tests but this one i can't predict!

I'll update the thread on the 20th of march with the results. Thankyou for the support :)

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
Have fun with that mathematics portion. Nothing like good ol speed and altitude calculations.

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
Best of luck on your test, I hope you pass.

I'd assume that you'd know a bit about the army, so can you inform a bit about requirements?

My friend asks me if there are special forces within armies and whats their entry requirement.

Oh, if you get in, give us a kill count

Chromesthesia_

Hailing from the same town as Sophie Dee
Nebulae
if i wasn't overweights id try to become a door gunner in a helicopter

fuckin rattatatatatatat

TWNVj3u.gif

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Best of luck on your test, I hope you pass.

I'd assume that you'd know a bit about the army, so can you inform a bit about requirements?

My friend asks me if there are special forces within armies and whats their entry requirement.

Oh, if you get in, give us a kill count

The requirements vary between each forces but are relatively similar.

For the role i'm applying for which is a Senior Non Commissioned Officer role, the requirements are as follows.

5 GCSE's including maths and english.

2 A-Levels/equivelents at C or above (I have 3 at A-A-B)

Be able to do 20 pressups in one minute
30 Situps in one minute
Be able to run a minimum of 14/kph in 11.11 minutes (1.5 miles/2.4km)

if i wasn't overweights id try to become a door gunner in a helicopter

fuckin rattatatatatatat

TWNVj3u.gif

Essentially what i will be learning to do!

Erid

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Damn man, you've talked to me about this once and good to see you went through with it.
This shit sounds interesting, the only thing I had to do during my testing was run and do exercises like a brainless thug, then again I'm in infantry and you're going for the Airforce, regardless...

You're one step closer to hell :)

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Hello guys. Big update on this as I've been away from the community but have many friends here, here goes!

Had my aptitude test which was nearly 8 hours of gruelling tests showing the attendants innate ability. Can't really revise for it, it's to put you under pressure and see how you work , and I passed with flying colours especially in the strategic management aspect ( eve online probably helped there! ) I was given the go ahead to pursue my role as a Weapons System Operator, and was told to wait for further instructions.

Next up was my medical. I had this with a third party called capita and it was pretty straight forward. Had to do a urine test, walk while squatting and do loads of funny poses, as well as an auditory test, measurements, eyesight test, and discuss anything on my doctors notes for me (hint, there wasn't much here!). Medical was passed!

Then I was given an interview date, of which I kinda studied for and kinda left to the last minute. I forgot a lot, I brain farted at a lot of things and really shooketh myself when trying to remember political situations within the uk at the time, of which I had to name 5. I also forgot some essential things I put on my application, like going to army cadets. Overall though I passed, which surprised me
(As all my passes have so far!) and was told that my communication was excellent and I really projected myself well but that I should really look at current political affairs. The one I did talk about to a good extend was brexit and also the conflict between Ukraine and Russia following 2013's euromaidan revolution, which I love talking about.

Fast track to now, where I'm currently sat on the train toward the officers college to undertake longest test of them all, and the last one. OASC. I am to partake in more interviews, group work and importantly leadership tests for 3 days. If I pass this, I'm given my offer. It's not the last test, as I have more after to make sure I'm familiar with what I'm getting into, but this is the last test before I know if I'm going to be accepted.

Wish me luck! Hopefully I do well, and party on the forums if i succeed.

Chop

GALUNGA
Nebulae
Hello guys. Big update on this as I've been away from the community but have many friends here, here goes!

Had my aptitude test which was nearly 8 hours of gruelling tests showing the attendants innate ability. Can't really revise for it, it's to put you under pressure and see how you work , and I passed with flying colours especially in the strategic management aspect ( eve online probably helped there! ) I was given the go ahead to pursue my role as a Weapons System Operator, and was told to wait for further instructions.

Next up was my medical. I had this with a third party called capita and it was pretty straight forward. Had to do a urine test, walk while squatting and do loads of funny poses, as well as an auditory test, measurements, eyesight test, and discuss anything on my doctors notes for me (hint, there wasn't much here!). Medical was passed!

Then I was given an interview date, of which I kinda studied for and kinda left to the last minute. I forgot a lot, I brain farted at a lot of things and really shooketh myself when trying to remember political situations within the uk at the time, of which I had to name 5. I also forgot some essential things I put on my application, like going to army cadets. Overall though I passed, which surprised me
(As all my passes have so far!) and was told that my communication was excellent and I really projected myself well but that I should really look at current political affairs. The one I did talk about to a good extend was brexit and also the conflict between Ukraine and Russia following 2013's euromaidan revolution, which I love talking about.

Fast track to now, where I'm currently sat on the train toward the officers college to undertake longest test of them all, and the last one. OASC. I am to partake in more interviews, group work and importantly leadership tests for 3 days. If I pass this, I'm given my offer. It's not the last test, as I have more after to make sure I'm familiar with what I'm getting into, but this is the last test before I know if I'm going to be accepted.

Wish me luck! Hopefully I do well, and party on the forums if i succeed.
GL HF!