News JIDAI | Announcement & Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
Jidai is a little more disappointing then I'd like.

Issue stems mainly from the cops, they're a little invasive and extremely proactive as much as we hype them not to be. I'm sure they're different from i17 but it takes one cop to ruin the fun.

The thug life is intriguing if not disappointing for the disparity in gear and 'will' (as in, will to play to different rules then the other guy) Which makes it pretty much unfun for rivaling against anyone. It seems like the Asians and their own distinct ethnicity are working on an OOC honor system to not PK eachother, to allow more shit and conflict to occur, which is only stopped by cops.

I know the underdog story is cool, but it's massively disproportionate in this instance. I'm completely relying on mechanics like cans and wood-grinding to 'attain' my status amongst and to rival against others (which only amounts to... a machete?), whilst others... didn't. They receive katanas, suits, 'silverballers' and characters made for their lineage from just asking or homage.

We're out of turf, but it feels to be a popularity contest OOCly than one on fairness.
[doublepost=1610055105][/doublepost]...and fucking cops need to stop intervening so god-dang much. Muddled with gang affairs? Cool. But acting like enforcers without goal-of is super hampering.

At least the server has a high population again.

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
thats always been the case with gangs and the like

people dont attain their position by playing IC all the time - Most of the time they're picked out of OOC reputation, which is needless to say rather disappointing
Renjiro was bought into the Kobayashi clan completely icly, i hardly knew any of the Kobayashi members oocly at the time, it does happen.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae

Not knacking that, it's impressive-- I'm just naming my grievances that I think would actually be resolved fundamentally.

Overbearing cops is a fundamental issue that won't go away till it's addressed, and I think it's one of the issues with neb that eventually leads to dips.

But it wasn't exclusively about cops, I had some knacks on one of the underdog gangs. About it. It feels like a chore to 'do' stuff.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
Renjiro was bought into the Kobayashi clan completely icly, i hardly knew any of the Kobayashi members oocly at the time, it does happen.
im not saying it never happened, i'm just saying that OOC plays a huge role into who is put into x clan/gang at y rank with z gear

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Not knacking that, it's impressive-- I'm just naming my grievances that I think would actually be resolved fundamentally.

Overbearing cops is a fundamental issue that won't go away till it's addressed, and I think it's one of the issues with neb that eventually leads to dips.

But it wasn't exclusively about cops, I had some knacks on one of the underdog gangs. About it. It feels like a chore to 'do' stuff.
Better you say then now rather than ignore them tbh

I'm glad it seems everything is mostly positive but there's been a couple of bumps.

Nebulae

feel free to put it in the CCC or dm me about it on steam so i can look into more specific stuff- i haven't noticed too many issues myself but then again i've been sitting in /areaedit setting up zones all day

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Jidai is a little more disappointing then I'd like.

Issue stems mainly from the cops, they're a little invasive and extremely proactive as much as we hype them not to be. I'm sure they're different from i17 but it takes one cop to ruin the fun.

The thug life is intriguing if not disappointing for the disparity in gear and 'will' (as in, will to play to different rules then the other guy) Which makes it pretty much unfun for rivaling against anyone. It seems like the Asians and their own distinct ethnicity are working on an OOC honor system to not PK eachother, to allow more shit and conflict to occur, which is only stopped by cops.

I know the underdog story is cool, but it's massively disproportionate in this instance. I'm completely relying on mechanics like cans and wood-grinding to 'attain' my status amongst and to rival against others (which only amounts to... a machete?), whilst others... didn't. They receive katanas, suits, 'silverballers' and characters made for their lineage from just asking or homage.

We're out of turf, but it feels to be a popularity contest OOCly than one on fairness.
[doublepost=1610055105][/doublepost]...and fucking cops need to stop intervening so god-dang much. Muddled with gang affairs? Cool. But acting like enforcers without goal-of is super hampering.
I've personally never seen cops interfering all that much and I play characters on all levels of this.

Maybe I just don't see these issues despite that but in almost every instance cops have looked the other way, with the exception of major shit that they literally can't ignore or excuse (given they still have a job to do). Compared to even this time last week I think this is the biggest step Neb's ever taken in regards to everyone coming together.

Not to say its perfect I'm sure but I don't often see cops muscling in and breaking shit down these days at all. In fact, the biggest player-ran underdog gang literally got outfitted with weapons and other stuff by people IC to help them out and stuff. It does happen, and while not every single gang going is geared for war that's not what these conflicts are about anyway imo.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
I've personally never seen cops interfering all that much and I play characters on all levels of this.

Maybe I just don't see these issues despite that but in almost every instance cops have looked the other way, with the exception of major shit that they literally can't ignore or excuse (given they still have a job to do). Compared to even this time last week I think this is the biggest step Neb's ever taken in regards to everyone coming together.

Not to say its perfect I'm sure but I don't often see cops muscling in and breaking shit down these days at all. In fact, the biggest player-ran underdog gang literally got outfitted with weapons and other stuff by people IC to help them out and stuff. It does happen, and while not every single gang going is geared for war that's not what these conflicts are about anyway imo.

i get the complete opposite about cops tbh i think they've been incredibly generous this week

Kobayashi disparity? They're severely hampering in any of day-to-days and that PK I saw made me go 'they need to chill'.

Kobayashi are treated a little differently cause it's amounted to 'their event' and I see them pull katanas and pistols, and order cops and they get off scot free. Which is fine.

But to everyone else it's... not so fun. :)

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i get the complete opposite about cops tbh i think they've been incredibly generous this week
Yeah, this.

I have characters in the Tong and the Kobayashi, one who works with the fish market and another in the underground. I genuinely can't say I've heard of any major issues with cops beyond them getting wrapped up in gang shit themselves on all ends, but everyone is gonna be different.

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
Kobayashi disparity? They're severely hampering in any of day-to-days and that PK I saw made me go 'they need to chill'.

Kobayashi are treated a little differently cause it's amounted to 'their event' and I see them pull katanas and pistols, and order cops and they get off scot free. Which is fine.

But to everyone else it's... not so fun. :grinning:

I don't know I have heard quite the opposite that the faction has provided a lot of interesting RP scenarios for both Union, citizen and Rebel alike.

Unless I have misunderstood you and you are talking about cops I have dogbrain.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
But to everyone else it's... not so fun. :grinning:
Not saying you aren't entitled to your view obviously and have had a different experience to me but even on my non Kobayashi characters I haven't had a single bad interaction with cops this whole week, and I have a character for most of the gangs and stuff going on right now.

It's probably one of those cases where, as you say, those one or two cops just trying to get involved coming across as overbearing.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
As much as I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, I just felt the need to say; this doesn't at all mean it's worth leaving issues unattended. Again, I know you probably didn't mean it like that but I have the slightest feeling some others may have taken it that way/believe some issues aren't worth solving because 'the pop's high so it's fine'.

I haven't been on server so I can't comment at all on what's going on, because I literally have no idea; but if there's issues that need ironing out, do not leave them until the last minute to iron out because that's the sort of stuff that's going to kill the momentum here.

People need to be taking the initiative to embrace criticism and build upon it, especially faction leads; otherwise we're going to see this tremendous momentum die a very premature death.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
I don't know I have heard quite the opposite that the faction has provided a lot of interesting RP scenarios for both Union, citizen and Rebel alike.

Unless I have misunderstood you and you are talking about cops I have dogbrain.

yeah I'm speaking about cops

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Also this is the first I've heard (literally at all) of some cops still being a lil' too overbearing so it'll be good to get it ironed out.

I know both Numbers (given he's playing a character who's involved with various gangs) and Cloud don't want to ruin the massive positive progress the faction has made with the map swap, nor do they wanna stamp anything out.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
so far i've found the kobayashi have actually tried to avoid pks, they just beat people up and scare the shit out of them/hurt them

i think as for why the cops are lenient to the kobayashi, so far the vibe i've got (do correct me if im wrong) is that the kobayashi are pretty much in control here and the cops are just paid to turn a blind eye, putting it simply

they've been incredibly lax for the most part, the vast majority infact. like shit last night i was in a club with cops doing lsd with them it was cool

i dunno, i agree that there should be some changes made to ensure that this map-change laxness actually lasts. i can see cops slipping back into old habits if something isn't done
but so far it's going well from what i've seen, just as an admin's perspective

Nebulae
yeah I'm speaking about cops

On 'Dong', while he was alive, several cops willingly went on 'his payroll' and worked for him as guards and goons and shit since he paid well, and they all knew he was riding with the Hing Sing Tong.

I don't think Cops care about the gang unless their Japanese, the rest go to the highest bidder, so, equal opportunity.

Unless that's not what you're talking about.
[doublepost=1610057263][/doublepost]
so far i've found the kobayashi have actually tried to avoid pks, they just beat people up and scare the shit out of them/hurt them

Bro', you really 'bouta say that while I'm right here, yo'?

Doing me dirty dog...

Last edited:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i think as for why the cops are lenient to the kobayashi, so far the vibe i've got (do correct me if im wrong) is that the kobayashi are pretty much in control here and the cops are just paid to turn a blind eye, putting it simply
Some of them, for the vast majority we're just very careful about where and when we pull out our weapons.

Defending the house when someone breaks in? Fine. Wearing the blade in a meeting with a gang? Fine. Hacking someone apart in the street? Probably gonna get killed.

On 'Dong', while he was alive, several cops willingly went on 'his payroll' and worked for him as guards and goons and shit since he paid well, and they all knew he was riding with the Hing Sing Tong.

I don't think Cops care about the gang unless their Japanese, the rest go to the highest bidder, so, equal opportunity.

Unless that's not what you're talking about.
I've actually seen this extend to a lot of the other gangs too, albeit to a lesser extent.

The Tong still have some cops on their payroll afiak, though not as many. Vex do, and some others.

Last edited:

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
i can see cops slipping back into old habits if something isn't done
Cops are made more lax which leads to rebels/gang people getting more ballsy and doing more ballsy stuff which leads to cops wanting to crack down on it so they don't go too overboard which ultimately leads to cops becoming more strict and rebels/gang people getting frustrated that the cops aren't being as relaxed as they were at first.

It's an unavoidable cycle unless you really try to ensure the laxness isn't abused.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Cops are made more lax which leads to rebels/gang people getting more ballsy and doing more ballsy stuff which leads to cops wanting to crack down on it so they don't go too overboard which ultimately leads to cops becoming more strict and rebels/gang people getting frustrated that the cops aren't being as relaxed as they were at first.

It's an unavoidable cycle unless you really try to ensure the laxness isn't abused.
As of right now we're on one hell of a chad honour system, probably because everyone is actually not being stupid with this stuff. Its like what C24 should have been.

I'm just not sure what changes could be made rules wise to make sure this smooth sailing is kept smooth, given 99% of these 'cops turning a blind eye' has been one of circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.