News JIDAI | Announcement & Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
was one of the cops here, it's how it should have always been tbh

overly strict civil protection isn't and has never been immersive, it actually just makes shit dreadfully boring and i'm glad we're taking things like joseon so far and enforcing rules more leniently to allow the flow of rp to continue
I think a lot of cops just had a fear of what would happen honestly.

But now they're finally properly relaxing.

Reactions: List

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
I think a lot of cops just had a fear of what would happen honestly.

But now they're finally properly relaxing.

Yeah I agree, it's nice to see cops present but doing their own thing in a sense, not purposefully getting between gangs to interrupt roleplay but supplementing it instead (very happy about this, definitely something we need to continue for what I'll mention below). Everything that's changed so far in regards to that has made the surface very refreshing and I think the smaller size of the map contributes to that as well.

Aside from the cops, the hustle and bustle of the streets and groups present on the surface also gives new players an easy way of getting integrated and finding something that interests them and quickly. I remember during my tenure as staff seeing a lot of newer players not know where to go or what to do because everyone was huddled up into one location that tended to be completely cut off from the city. We've pretty much solved most of those issues we used to have with the map change and narrative focus, makes a newer player feel like they have a place in the city.

Went a little off topic with this, just very glad to see everyone enjoying themselves again and players having the drive to do things (:

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Yeah I agree, it's nice to see cops present but doing their own thing in a sense, not purposefully getting between gangs to interrupt roleplay but supplementing it instead (very happy about this, definitely something we need to continue for what I'll mention below). Everything that's changed so far in regards to that has made the surface very refreshing and I think the smaller size of the map contributes to that as well.

Aside from the cops, the hustle and bustle of the streets and groups present on the surface also gives new players an easy way of getting integrated and finding something that interests them and quickly. I remember during my tenure as staff seeing a lot of newer players not know where to go or what to do because everyone was huddled up into one location that tended to be completely cut off from the city. We've pretty much solved most of those issues we used to have with the map change and narrative focus, makes a newer player feel like they have a place in the city.

Went a little off topic with this, just very glad to see everyone enjoying themselves again and players having the drive to do things :grinning:
aye the cops are great so far

shoutout to @The Red Devil or whoever it is that plays the cop obsessed with gutter oil at the wet market
the whole plotline is funny af

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Also wanna commend people who decided to take some initiative and made deals to share stores with one another on the map

Not only is it really smart, but I'm hopeful it'll add so much more variety

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Also wanna commend people who decided to take some initiative and made deals to share stores with one another on the map

Not only is it really smart, but I'm hopeful it'll add so much more variety
Not to mention props to the cops for not tearing down stalls.

We haven't seen anyone really expand into RB6 or the Alt-D4 (through the tunnel which is locked atm) yet but the few we do have work super well.

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Not to mention props to the cops for not tearing down stalls.

We haven't seen anyone really expand into RB6 or the Alt-D4 (through the tunnel which is locked atm) yet but the few we do have work super well.
we're being investigated for using gutter oil but yes

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Look last time you used that shit you set yourselves on fire and that cop is a former cook

DO YOU BLAME HIM
oh i dont remember setting ourselves on fire, i just remember a sewer pipe exploding

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Jidai is a little more disappointing then I'd like.

Issue stems mainly from the cops, they're a little invasive and extremely proactive as much as we hype them not to be. I'm sure they're different from i17 but it takes one cop to ruin the fun.

The thug life is intriguing if not disappointing for the disparity in gear and 'will' (as in, will to play to different rules then the other guy) Which makes it pretty much unfun for rivaling against anyone. It seems like the Asians and their own distinct ethnicity are working on an OOC honor system to not PK eachother, to allow more shit and conflict to occur, which is only stopped by cops.

I know the underdog story is cool, but it's massively disproportionate in this instance. I'm completely relying on mechanics like cans and wood-grinding to 'attain' my status amongst and to rival against others (which only amounts to... a machete?), whilst others... didn't. They receive katanas, suits, 'silverballers' and characters made for their lineage from just asking or homage.

We're out of turf, but it feels to be a popularity contest OOCly than one on fairness.
[doublepost=1610055105][/doublepost]...and fucking cops need to stop intervening so god-dang much. Muddled with gang affairs? Cool. But acting like enforcers without goal-of is super hampering.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
I know the underdog story is cool, but it's massively disproportionate in this instance. I'm completely relying on mechanics like cans and wood-grinding to 'attain' my status amongst and to rival against others (which only amounts to... a machete?), whilst others... didn't. They receive katanas, suits, 'silverballers' and characters made for their lineage from just asking or homage.

We're out of turf, but it feels to be a popularity contest OOCly than one on fairness.
thats always been the case with gangs and the like

people dont attain their position by playing IC all the time - Most of the time they're picked out of OOC reputation, which is needless to say rather disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.