News JIDAI | Announcement & Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebulae
zskxKmB.jpg
f4e.png

The only thing left bringing me entertainment in this locked down world is Dragon Ball Super General posting.

Reactions: List

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Might as well throw up some questions here

Obviously its been discussed a lot, the power dynamics between the Union and Japanese political/military power. How much of this fantastic lore will actually change the atmosphere/dynamics of the server?
How will the state of Union control in City 8 contrasted with the influence of the Kobayashi clan.
Personally, I would like to see a more secluded Union area, akin to that of an embassy with basic utility infrastructure. Kobayashi influence within them, aware, yet in a position where the Union's presence is tolerated with Japanese leadership taking the lead. Union turning a blind eye to the flow of black market goods and volunteer soldiers to the mainland, partly due to inability and partly due to corruption.

How can the aftermath of Zaibatsu and the loss of Union control effect the way goods are pushed? Will the CWU allow easy corruption/theft of stolen goods to be traded in the black market? Will Kobayashi loyalists be ICly planted among Union positions to allow for certain event storylines and retrieval/sabotage expeditions? How will districting work? Will it allow playermade groups to take more control over certain areas in terms of governing without Union intervention (agitation would make any 'agreements' void)? Will we finally cut the barriers on corruption between CAB and the criminal underground for sake of not meddling in each other's affairs? Will we see suits again?

I'm personally interested in seeing all the potential story-lines pan out with the rise of anti-Union and anti-Japanese sentiment and revolutionary groups and I think a part of being able to see out the internal struggles of anti-Union forces is by having the Union back off a bit. They've been doing well as of recent, but as of recent, I haven't been sure if that's because of a lack of CPs flagged on or a player-base numbers issue.

A concern of mine is that we get high hopes of what will be changed because of the implications of Joseon and we get disappointed to see much of the same, however, that's not to blame staff. Events and settings are what we make of them and it is up to us, the players, to put a solid effort into filling the gaps in atmosphere that staff can't all do at once. The staff can't do all the work.

Nebulae
Might as well throw up some questions here

Obviously its been discussed a lot, the power dynamics between the Union and Japanese political/military power. How much of this fantastic lore will actually change the atmosphere/dynamics of the server?
How will the state of Union control in City 8 contrasted with the influence of the Kobayashi clan.
Personally, I would like to see a more secluded Union area, akin to that of an embassy with basic utility infrastructure. Kobayashi influence within them, aware, yet in a position where the Union's presence is tolerated with Japanese leadership taking the lead. Union turning a blind eye to the flow of black market goods and volunteer soldiers to the mainland, partly due to inability and partly due to corruption.

How can the aftermath of Zaibatsu and the loss of Union control effect the way goods are pushed? Will the CWU allow easy corruption/theft of stolen goods to be traded in the black market? Will Kobayashi loyalists be ICly planted among Union positions to allow for certain event storylines and retrieval/sabotage expeditions? How will districting work? Will it allow playermade groups to take more control over certain areas in terms of governing without Union intervention (agitation would make any 'agreements' void)? Will we finally cut the barriers on corruption between CAB and the criminal underground for sake of not meddling in each other's affairs? Will we see suits again?

I'm personally interested in seeing all the potential story-lines pan out with the rise of anti-Union and anti-Japanese sentiment and revolutionary groups and I think a part of being able to see out the internal struggles of anti-Union forces is by having the Union back off a bit. They've been doing well as of recent, but as of recent, I haven't been sure if that's because of a lack of CPs flagged on or a player-base numbers issue.

A concern of mine is that we get high hopes of what will be changed because of the implications of Joseon and we get disappointed to see much of the same, however, that's not to blame staff. Events and settings are what we make of them and it is up to us, the players, to put a solid effort into filling the gaps in atmosphere that staff can't all do at once. The staff can't do all the work.

I'm guessing the Civil Authority will be heavily influenced by the Kobayashi, likely due to administrators having to associate with them for their lives. Basically making the CIvil Authority Kobayashi Clan puppets.

Pretty sure, considering how heavily Tokyo will be influenced by the abundance of gangs, everyone can do as much as they'd like to get their hands on goods and it'll either be really easy, or very hard based on the affiliations of the person procuring said goods. Likely resulting in shady dealings by the Kobayashi and their vassals, and guerilla attacks for supplies by Koreans, their allies, and nomad gangs. Also, we're defo' gonna see suits, because, for example, take a look at a gang like the Kaesong, who already have people in office clothes with vests and ski masks. All it takes is some char auths for a gang to have everyone or near everyone dressed in a suit.

that's just what i want to see or what i think we'll see tho

Status
Not open for further replies.