News JIDAI | Announcement & Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
blame the lack of good maps
Tbh making a map like C8 takes months of hard work & people don't really get paid for it. :/

Ontop of that, there aren't many skilled mappers for the source engine, afaik.

Blame it on the game engine being outdated!

Reactions: List

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae
Don't blame us, blame the lack of good maps/source engine being shit
it is 100% but imo it seems like this constant back and forth between Asian Maps or European maps on neb, it seems better to just stick with one general aesthetic on the planet when there's a lack in appealing and scenic maps of others, Gmod has a plethora of european based maps, some shit, some amazing, no in-between.

edit: As for asian maps, theres only city 8 and its variants which dont translate well when shifted around.

PADEX

Electron
Nebulae
Tbh making a map like C8 takes months of hard work & people don't really get paid for it. :/

Ontop of that, there aren't many skilled mappers for the source engine, afaik.

Blame it on the game engine being outdated!
and despite being outdated, it's still possible to make really high quality awesome maps even to this day

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
cJNuITj.jpg

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
cJNuITj.jpg
what is the deal with cab in c8, will there be some lore or some update or something about the future of the faction?

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
what is the deal with cab in c8, will there be some lore or some update or something about the future of the faction?
Seeing that I've hit rocky shores with subeh's and my initial go, yes.
I plan to take a more reserved approach in city 8.
[doublepost=1609113360][/doublepost]
Seeing that I've hit rocky shores with subeh's and my initial go, yes.
I plan to take a more reserved approach in city 8.
to elaborate on this, I try to instead pick up on what Joseon left behind, instead of trying something new.

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
to elaborate on this, I try to instead pick up on what Joseon left behind, instead of trying something new.
cab/gang interaction cab/gang interaction cab/gang interaction

but aside from that

we've consistently lost plot uniqueness and things always end up with the same factions doing the same things: rebels hunker down in one miserable spot, cop presence increases for whatever reason and citizens are usually next to none, with a few people dedicated to the union factions having some city presence that never really gets us anywhere

the changes presented gives everyone an opportunity to try something different now. fully armed rebels shouldn't be anyone's focus coming into the new map, i encourage people to either stay off those characters or shed all the unnecessary gear and meddle with the gangs on the surface, try and encourage the hub to be the entire city and avoid the tried, tested, bland underground hubs that we've always ended up in for whatever reason

and cop mains please allow room for that to happen

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
But yes, I still actively try to amend things CAB-wise.
I will try and cover it in a lorepost or official rp doc in the CA area.

I understand that the sector takeover of s06 left open many questions in terms of CAB and I am still deeply aware that I can do something more tasteful than just a sector takeover.

Stay tuned, I hope I will not bring disappointment.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
But yes, I still actively try to amend things CAB-wise.
I will try and cover it in a lorepost or official rp doc in the CA area.

I understand that the sector takeover of s06 left open many questions in terms of CAB and I am still deeply aware that I can do something more tasteful than just a sector takeover.

Stay tuned, I hope I will not disappoint.

Personally, I would speak with @char and @Dallas to work out a concept. Not to say you can't manage fine on your own, I just think that the server would benefit from collaboration with people who worked on a lot of the lore and concepts of the region. Three minds are better than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.