so, who's up for some Spelunking?
HzTbPy1.jpg

werLAlx.jpg
Where did you get the waterfall from?

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Where did you get the waterfall from?
Tophatwaffle is the creator for water source 2, he hosts the files on his website with tutorials alongside it.

Waterfalls, rivers and new standing water variants with colour variations.

Just google tophatwaffle watersource
And you should find it quickly

Reactions: List

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Tophatwaffle is the creator for water source 2, he hosts the files on his website with tutorials alongside it.

Waterfalls, rivers and new standing water variants with colour variations.

Just google tophatwaffle watersource
And you should find it quickly
I figure Water Source 2 is a prop and not a texture on a placement, right?

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
If you ever want to feel extremely uncomfortable, add a waterfall to your level and not include the audio, has been freaking me out all day.
penyBae.jpg

aZpXaXw.jpg

Anyway, the Whiteboards have started to get filled up with a few more location ideas, so I'll be expanding this chunk of terrain out further.
Will let you know how it goes.

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
If you ever want to feel extremely uncomfortable, add a waterfall to your level and not include the audio, has been freaking me out all day.
penyBae.jpg

aZpXaXw.jpg

Anyway, the Whiteboards have started to get filled up with a few more location ideas, so I'll be expanding this chunk of terrain out further.
Will let you know how it goes.
the waterfall is a skinwalker

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
Recently checked out your rp_refuge while I was looking at maps for a project I'm working on. Good stuff.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Recently checked out your rp_refuge while I was looking at maps for a project I'm working on. Good stuff.
Thanks I appreciate it!
I had taken a look at it myself the last few days, it's a wierd one for me as even 4 years later I can feel the exhaustion I was experiencing towards the end of that map.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
my brain thinking of this iteration comes to either white forest style locations, or warzone variants of old city maps.
stay tuned for the i17 warzone redux, it's just one vaporised crater.
it would be cool to see a map that urban combat is actually viable in for once

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
it would be cool to see a map that urban combat is actually viable in for once
I think it'd be a fun one as well.

Old cw c8 Street war event was in my mind probably the most well managed.
Verticality and tight spaces really made it interesting despite not being custom made for fighting.

Then there's terminal7 rebels and civ pro sniping eachother across a canal like it was sci fi ww1

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

Verticality and tight spaces really made it interesting despite not being custom made for fighting.

Then there's terminal7 rebels and civ pro sniping eachother across a canal like it was sci fi ww1
There was a street war in city 8 on helix1 that was fucking awesome, completely player initiative as well the admins had nothing to do with it

Started as a riot, progressed into a literal war and an entire sector of the city was held by citizens for a couple of days before the combine pushed back

But yeah urban combat is cool

A small town (actual town) in a forest too might be sweet

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
There was a street war in city 8 on helix1 that was fucking awesome, completely player initiative as well the admins had nothing to do with it

Started as a riot, progressed into a literal war and an entire sector of the city was held by citizens for a couple of days before the combine pushed back
I always seem to miss the good ones.

I got spoiled in my early days with pre-planned events of citizens getting 5 minutes of rebellion before the ota swept across the lands.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Past couple days on the server's been quite interesting, reminded me of a few really good design details for the mode that I'd like to get into some of my map ideas.
Plus, interior combat is pain to design for. heart goes out to the prop builders ya'll got it hard

mårten

Atom
Nebulae

Like the only urban combat map I've enjoyed in gmod rp was downtowndawn from WW3RP hah
Maybe you missed that though.

Kinda wish I'd have checked those HL2RP war'ified maps though, seems interesting. It's fun to decorate maps to fit an aesthetic like that, though I could never do it in Hammer...

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
ZzUnbh2.jpg

Quick one for me, blocking out some railway pieces,
Looking to do a number of these railway spaces and hook them up into a single rail line later on. May make an interesting spine for a map, valley packed with potential dangers and likely higher traffic movement, but the simplest and fastest way to explore.

Would be interesting to have a combine train run through it at some point too, maybe enable hidden switches to block off chunks of it, stuff to explore if we get that far. For now let's get some more of these in.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Would be interesting to have a combine train run through it at some point too, maybe enable hidden switches to block off chunks of it, stuff to explore if we get that far. For now let's get some more of these in.
let players ride on the moving trains with the expectation that they will die if they fall off at high speed/hit something high

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I'll be honest I've been a lazy fucker the past couple weeks, did some more map work recently and landscapes continue to be what they are.
QqZNyOs.jpg

But it hooks up to the first area I built to the train tracks, so there's that at least.
pPE8JST.jpg

I do want to explore a combine fort built on a seaside cliff, but honestly what was my brain doing when this was built.
I'll do better.
voiJvSi.jpg

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'll be honest I've been a lazy fucker the past couple weeks, did some more map work recently and landscapes continue to be what they are.
QqZNyOs.jpg

But it hooks up to the first area I built to the train tracks, so there's that at least.
pPE8JST.jpg

I do want to explore a combine fort built on a seaside cliff, but honestly what was my brain doing when this was built.
I'll do better.
voiJvSi.jpg
make a flying combine base like the vault :D

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
any news bossman?