Kenobi teaser

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It's not a bad show, but is it what the fans wanted?
Where is the music, and nostalgia?
Why is a TV show for Kenobi not about Kenobi?

I hope the last two episodes redeem the TV show

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
I hope they dont go the route of Book of Boba Fett where the show is barely about the titular character and they just drive through some generic plot with a couple fanservice elements.

But then again that's what they've done so far

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
After watching some of the episodes, I have to admit, aside from the Vader cameos, I'm disappointed

I expected more from Disney

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I expected more from Disney
tony-soprano-evil-smile.gif

seriously?

Reactions: List

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
Latest episode was much better than the previous ones, finally got to see some actual Anakin flashbacks and Reva at last got some development as a character. It's a shame though that it all came so late into the series.

Toast Lord

Electron
Nebulae
Have to say it was pretty...Interesting seeing Disney go where Lucas had to back out of when Episode 3 came out.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
you know what

outside of the non-sensical
part where they breached the door and shot at each other from 10 meters away, without hitting each other
this episode was actually alright

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
To this day I have no idea why the creators of Star Wars can put together some pretty nice CGI and effects, yet can never put together a fight scene that makes sense. It's always cringeworthy watching people in these movies and shows missing incredibly easy shots, it totally takes you out of the immersion

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
I couldn't care less about the nonsensical Reva drama/arc, but the fight between Vader and Obi-Wan was badass.

The palpatine cameo was also really cool, the actor still portrays him perfectly.

I probably would've liked badass Owen and Beru fighting off Reva more than Obi-Wan coming to the rescue from across the galaxy in 0.5 seconds.

And I'm glad they at least put the "Hello there" in the series

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I couldn't care less about the nonsensical Reva drama/arc, but the fight between Vader and Obi-Wan was badass.

The palpatine cameo was also really cool, the actor still portrays him perfectly.

I probably would've liked badass Owen and Beru fighting off Reva more than Obi-Wan coming to the rescue from across the galaxy in 0.5 seconds.

And I'm glad they at least put the "Hello there" in the series
I appreciated the Qui Gon cameo but it could have been longer
the mixing of JEJ and Hayden's voice was sooo beautiful

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
just caught up with ep 5, will watch last one tomorrow. I made a good choice in putting it off for so long, because this episode was no different from anything else the series has shown so far

part 5 was extremely predictable, and while it was still garbage it was the best of the garbage. they keep writing these high stakes setups every single episode, but give us a cast of characters that cannot die because they're in media that exists further ahead in the timeline. with their shit ass writing the new characters they do give us are basically guaranteed to die, which is exactly what's been happening

they decided to 'kill' the grand inquisitor, while already having content released including that character further ahead in the timeline. they decided to spoil the 'reason' why reva knew that vader was anakin with the first scene in the first episode of the series, so they spoiled that big reveal for us as well. they destroyed any motivation she had this episode - she hates darth vader for killing her friends, and she hates obi wan for failing to train darth vader. to survive and cope with this, she goes on a warpath for however many years at darth vaders side, supposedly killing mass amounts of people because she wants to find obi wan. whoops, turns out she had good intentions this episode and had a heart to heart with obi wan - psych, end of the episode also reveals that she's gonna have it out for a young boy now

the writers seem to think that just because anakin, a kid who was spent nearly his entire childhood as a slave working in a mechanics shop could work with machines at 10 then all main character children should have that same ability. so, a 10 year old girl who was being raised to eventually become a senator was able to spot a device on her droid in no less than two seconds, and then proceed to repair a hangar door. I guess nobody needs to have skillsets that align with their past

the only part of this episode I didn't see coming was that the writers decided to have bail organa text obi wan an exposition dump that
- the audience already knows
- obi wan already knows
- would probably have given information to the enemy, considering organa sent it off with the consideration that obi wan was dead

I find it EXTREMELY unlikely that bail organa, senator, served throughout the clone wars, helped jedi escape through order 66 and managed to stay in the limelight even during the rule of the empire without being murdered until his entire planet exploded would be stupid enough to send out this message. big surprise, reva finds the exposition dump that was dropped and left behind. this effectively makes bail organa the most incompetent character in star wars up to this point - he not only failed at his own job of keeping leia safe, but has now directed the sith towards the most important person to keep alive in the universe. I havent watched episode 6 yet but I assume hes going to be on tattooine to help save luke whenever reva comes

reva orders stormtroopers to use explosives on a blast door

darth vader has no contingency plan in place for the off chance a ship escapes from the planets surface, despite having a cruiser over the planet

the fake jedi was brought back purely for stupid funny punchlines and did absolutely nothing to progress the plot of the episode. obi wan ended up boarding the ship anyway so him being there was quite literally completely pointless. it would be passable if the show was at least decent, but because it isn't, the fact that they decided to toss it in is the actual funny bit

of the things they did right, the reva and vader fight was kinda cool. I also thought it was funny that they kept the exact same bland, boring and expressionless anakin personality for the flashbacks. I cant wait to go back to the only planet in star wars again, tattooine, when I watch ep. 6 tomorrow

D

Deleted member 22

I'm not a diehard star wars fan. I was really into it as a kid. Was practically raised on a mixture of the prequels and VHS copies of the original trilogy. I had no complaints with it. All the stuff landed with me, but then again the first Star Wars movie I ever saw was Phantom as a low quality DVD rental. The show itself was a nice little nostalgia trip, I'm not going off plot cohesion or anything of that nature here-I'm strictly talking as a former kid. I really enjoyed it. Obi Wan using a gun was pretty neat too, there was a lot of corny shit here and there but at the end of the day it's been a while since a new TV series made me actually feel something. I felt actual excitement for once watching the action unfold on screen, I actually cared when the defector imperial lady had her little corridor moment with the robot dude. There was an honest to God smile on my face during multiple moments of this TV show. That's really all I want these days from TV show, honest reactions as a viewer.

Honest to God I liked Reva and the other inquisitor weirdos. Really enjoyed the performance from the actress who played Reva, I don't really understand the hate she received. I think she did a perfectly fine job, she felt like a serial TV show villain but not in a cheap negative way.

Jeffy

Electron
Nebulae
Probably really late to this but whatever. If you want a really good insight into the characters of the Inquisitors, watch the Rebels series. I havent watched it all but so far they seem a hell of a lot more threatening than any did in Kenobi.