Kenobi teaser

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
he could sense obi wan with the force, so im not sure why he killed all the fellas in the town. hes an evil person, but he really went out of his way to kill those random people when it was just needless to accomplish his goal

I wouldn't say there was no point to it. Vader cannot always sense Obi-Wan, it's entirely reliant on Obi-Wan actually tapping into the force which has been demonstrated to be difficult to do ever since he cut himself off after going into exile. In the first episode the GI was talking about how it's habit for Jedi to come to the defenseless and all that, Vader was exploiting that very thing. Torturing or outright killing civilians to bait out Obi-Wan from hiding, either to surrender or fight.

Reactions: List
Nebulae
he could sense obi wan with the force, so im not sure why he killed all the fellas in the town. hes an evil person, but he really went out of his way to kill those random people when it was just needless to accomplish his goal

i was hyped when i saw him snap the boy's neck (do not quote that out of context) cuz i thought he was proving a point that he WILL follow up on any threat he's about to make just to get the info he wants. the family's panic sold it well too

sad that no such thing happened, at the very least they could've given some context to what @DemonElite said

in that same vein, obi wan took a fuckin hostage in this last episode. straight up did the most un-jedi thing and held an innocent man at gunpoint, to which the stormtroopers, the actual bad guys ended up doing with leia

this raised a fucking eyebrow from me too hahaha

i liked that the working class right winger from outer space actually turned out to be a friendly neighborhood snitch but wow

he could've at least done the dignity of warning him or lecturing him afterwards or even just leave him alone to stand over bodies for comedic effect, he just straight up KO'd him even though he obviously posed no threat, once again wasted opportunity for a good interaction

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Shout out to that time Vader drowned an entire city of people just to distract a single Jedi he was dueling with.

Mans ain't give a fuck.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
this raised a fucking eyebrow from me too hahaha

i liked that the working class right winger from outer space actually turned out to be a friendly neighborhood snitch but wow

he could've at least done the dignity of warning him or lecturing him afterwards he just straight up KO'd him even thought he obviously posed no threat, once again wasted opportunity for a good interaction
I thought the ride on the truck was the best scene of the show so far, but it was still hot garbage. idiot obi wan decides to talk about the jedi seconds after being accused of being a jedi while in ear shot of a guy that obviously supports the empire

the laser fence also only extended to the edge of the trail. idiot obi wan couldnt figure out that he could just walk around the lasers 10 feet to either side and instead fumbles with the controls, then shoots the gate only to get saved by a random lady. taking out the gate would have made sense if they were going to take the truck with them, but instead he just goes into a brisk jog. if he was gonna be an asshole and take the guy hostage then he should have just stolen his car too
i was hyped when i saw him snap the boy's neck (do not quote that out of context) cuz i thought he was proving a point that he WILL follow up on any threat he's about to make just to get the info he wants. the family's panic sold it well too

sad that no such thing happened, at the very least they could've given some context to what @DemonElite said
I wouldn't say there was no point to it. Vader cannot always sense Obi-Wan, it's entirely reliant on Obi-Wan actually tapping into the force which has been demonstrated to be difficult to do ever since he cut himself off after going into exile. In the first episode the GI was talking about how it's habit for Jedi to come to the defenseless and all that, Vader was exploiting that very thing. Torturing or outright killing civilians to bait out Obi-Wan from hiding, either to surrender or fight.
yeah thats fair. unfortunately obi wan is a massive asshole now and just ran away from innocent people getting slaughtered lmao

Toast Lord

Electron
Nebulae
Shout out to that time Vader drowned an entire city of people just to distract a single Jedi he was dueling with.

Mans ain't give a fuck.
Or the fact he killed two inquisitors in the same comic series: One for simply achieving the goal in a way he didn't like, another for simply having affection for the first. Also for causing a shit ton of destruction for chasing two said inquisitors.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Or the fact he killed two inquisitors in the same comic series: One for simply achieving the goal in a way he didn't like, another for simply having affection for the first. Also for causing a shit ton of destruction for chasing two said inquisitors.

And he was killing stormtroopers for sport.

Literally no reason, just doin' it for the sake of doin' it.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Mans ain't give a fuck.
That was literally the first Jedi he fought post-suit, too, when the Emperor sent him to get his own lightsaber.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
That was literally the first Jedi he fought post-suit, too, when the Emperor sent him to get his own lightsaber.

Not just any Jedi either, but one entirely focused on combat and nothing else. Vader had nothing to use but a training stun stick and the Force. Man got yeeted off a mountain and went back for more.

Toast Lord

Electron
Nebulae
I remember watching Vader kill a Jedi space station full of clones after he got his suit, because rather than explain that he's lord Vader he'd just rather break their necks (Including commander fox's)

So idk if Vader really gives two shits about who he kills, so long as he gets to his objective

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
isn't this the series that a small minority of youtubers/conservatives/white supremacists are attacking because there is black people in it?

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
isn't this the series that a small minority of youtubers/conservatives/white supremacists are attacking because there is black people in it?
Maybe instead of trying to stir something up on this thread you could do your own research and find out that the answer is no

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
Maybe instead of trying to stir something up on this thread you could do your own research and find out that the answer is no

my research concludes
ppl complaining about the series being woke because one of the characters is black, whilst the actress being in main THUMBNAILS on youtube by "anti-sjws" complaining about wokeness along with racist wordplay on youtube along with bigoted comments and some gay bashing in the comments too, whilst talking about obi wan being a cuck

so yes, racism and homophobia

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
my research concludes
ppl complaining about the series being woke because one of the characters is black, whilst the actress being in main THUMBNAILS on youtube by "anti-sjws" complaining about wokeness along with racist wordplay on youtube along with bigoted comments and some gay bashing in the comments too, whilst talking about obi wan being a cuck

so yes, racism and homophobia

You're not wrong, but as you said, a small minority of people.
What's the point you're trying to make here?

Toast Lord

Electron
Nebulae
when is season 1 gonna finish?
in 2 episodes

Its kinda feeling like the more I leave my common sense switch on, the more I can't help but just go "What?"

The fact nobody was suspicious at the person helping Obi-Wan, DESPITE being like 2 feet from her and easily able to hear what she's saying is just dumb. Ditto for when nobody notices Kenobi, a disheveled man wearing a hat and coat with four legs coming out of the coat. Felt more comical than anything. Keep in mind, this is supposed to be a base full of elite soldiers who's job it is to be smart and attentive.

Loved seeing Vader get really mad, honestly kinda spooked me: But i can't help but think...Why is he so pissed off? Yeah Reva let Obi-Wan go and she 'failed', but last episode Vader himself just lets Obi-Wan go because a line of fire was in his way?

Think the biggest head scratcher I have now is why is Leia/Bail still alive and senators in the Imperial Senate now that Leia, and conversely bail knowing his history: Are pointed at as Jedi Collaborators? Now that Leia is known to be with a high priority target of the empire I have zero reason as to why she wouldn't be in jail for the rest of her life, since its depicted that she's hiding them

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
there is a problem with every single scene of this episode, and not shitty minor details either. they all build off one another to create the absolute worst star wars I have ever seen

Somehow Leia being able to overpower an inquisitor is completely predictable and unsurprising at this point. The whole sequence with her and Reva in interrogation felt like a fan film at best. Moses tried her best to have a good meaningful bit of acting with a 10 year old but the whole vibe of it was just stupid. I found it hilarious that they're so bad at writing that they couldn't think of any possible way for kenobi to find leia, so they just randomly make her hear her yell so he can rush straight to where she's at.

it's also got that running problem with disney lately where almost every scene is incredible visually, and then there's one or two odd ones out that look like it was on a budget of a hundred bucks
the low budget vibe came back in full force. any scene in the hangars was comparable to a lego star wars game. it goes to show how important distance and camera angles are when filming big things, otherwise they just look like a bunch of little hot wheels ships. in that same regard, they chose to go with doing a series of massive rooms that are completely empty. the hangar is gigantic with a couple of ships, the room after the hangar is fucking insane in size. it's like a mile long completely empty room

The fact nobody was suspicious at the person helping Obi-Wan, DESPITE being like 2 feet from her and easily able to hear what she's saying is just dumb. Ditto for when nobody notices Kenobi, a disheveled man wearing a hat and coat with four legs coming out of the coat. Felt more comical than anything. Keep in mind, this is supposed to be a base full of elite soldiers who's job it is to be smart and attentive.
Is the inquisitor headquarters really so unorganized and slapped together that an officer assigned to an entirely different planet can come around drilling out orders? even with her threatening to tattle on an inquisitor they should have at least gone to grab someone that matched her rank before she got let in to one of the most important, should be locked down locations that exist. Why is she allowed to bring in a communicator device without it being checked first, if Reva can apparently spot a spy just by how they look? Why is the scanner to check people in the middle of the room, and why did they have their extras literally just walking around it in the scene? Why are all the extras in the scene just walking back and forth to different ends of a big empty room?

Nobody could hear her for the same reason that they would put big, openable doors underwater that apparently have zero security checks with the only apparent purpose to let spies sneak in the base. The same reason that the woman (forgot her name) could bring in a communicator without the frequency of it at least being checked first. The same reason that the scanner to check people is in the middle of the room, and the extras in the scene were shown literally just walking around it (they all even go around it when they're leaving after being caught, just whoop right around it). You can also see the same extras just walking back and forth to different ends of this big, empty room with nothing but a singular, just one, scanning device is in. There's a moment where she's talking to obi wan in plain view on the radio, and the officer next to her makes eye contact while she's talking all suspiciously. then he just does nothing and goes right back to work.

So, based on what we're shown we're lead to believe that Fortress Inqisitorious has:
  • One security gate that you're allowed to just walk around, because it's in the middle of a giant, empty room.
  • Regular, incompetent stormtroopers with a handful of dark troopers.
  • No restrictions on officers flying in from other sectors and worlds, then immediately dishing out orders.
  • Giant fuck off underwater doors for no reason.
  • One droid patrolling the hallways, along with a duo or two of regular stormtroopers.
  • No facial hair or grooming standards, so any homeless guy can grab a quick trenchcoat and roam around.
I'm also confused on why they even had kenobi find the jedi tomb? it didn't serve any purpose to the show what so ever, so I'm just left to assume it was filled with a bunch of glup shittos for mega nerds to go WOW at. fan service is all good when its done well

honestly, the best way to see how goofy the episode was is to just look at some still shots
Hksxx8F.png

9DUI23G.png
VSHSW58.png

XYmhVWJ.png
3QzaJhI.png

Nebulae
every fucking scene in ep4 feels like a parody of something i've seen in a dozen star wars media before

the ultimate "give the fans what they want" but they can't even do it right its like visually consuming stale bread with a star wars sticker (union branded) on it