Straven

Proton
Nebulae
I am hoping they moved the release date to fix the Grand Inquisitors head

Jeffy

Electron
Nebulae
literally the only star wars spin off show im excited for and willing to watch
excuse me there’s something called The Mandolorian, The Book of Boba Fett, The Clone Wars, mate all of star wars is sick

Jeffy

Electron
Nebulae
book of boba fett was mediocre at best
thought what they did with his character was boring too
it was more a mandolorian S3 from like Ep5 that’s when it actually got good

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Watched episode 1 and hated it. Little leia and the goof troop that chased her through the forest are so annoying, it felt way out of place at first too. I hope that arc only continues through part 2 and we dont see the little twerp anymore

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Watched episode 1 and hated it. Little leia and the goof troop that chased her through the forest are so annoying, it felt way out of place at first too. I hope that arc only continues through part 2 and we dont see the little twerp anymore
another terrible take

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
another terrible take
im a bit biased because I dont like children at all, but the character just annoys me. half the time she acts way younger than 10 years old, and other times shes drilling out speeches only someone in at least their teens would come up with. she's also getting the disney 'do no wrong, jack of all trades' character treatment. they left no space to grow her character, she's already started at the top. just because the kid has the name leia doesn't mean i'm going to have an automatic attachment to them

it's also got that running problem with disney lately where almost every scene is incredible visually, and then there's one or two odd ones out that look like it was on a budget of a hundred bucks. the chase scene with leia was one of them. she jumps over a twig, slides under a tiny branch and the goon chasing her is like "damn better stop and take the long way around". there was some parts where they were both just standing still, leia and the goon, and the goon just sat there. didnt try to grab her, just waited for her to bolt so they could continue the chase sequence. it was just goofy

I did like seeing jawa being more than funny haha characters, and ewan mcgregor kills it. I like the inquisitors, except for reva. she's just a personification of 'sith'. she feels absolutely nothing but pure evil, has apparently no personal code other than 'get obi wan', and will do literally anything to do so. the best villains at least have their own code they abide by. palpatine was a political manipulator, and used that to his advantage and accomplished his goals that way. vader was good at heart but got manipulated. even moff gideon held negotiations and gave a buffer period for mando to turn over grogu before he raided the cantina

I just find it hard to believe that by the end of a 6 episode run we'll be left with a ben kenobi that feels earned. it accomplishes its goal of being a long string of constant fan service though

Reactions: List

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
quite enjoy Leia and their actor

Feels stubborn enough to be Leia and I feel like this is their arc where they slowly start turning from 'do whatever lalalala. I don't wanna be a senator!!" to "I have to become a Senator because the Rebellion needs me."

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
im a bit biased because I dont like children at all, but the character just annoys me. half the time she acts way younger than 10 years old, and other times shes drilling out speeches only someone in at least their teens would come up with. she's also getting the disney 'do no wrong, jack of all trades' character treatment. they left no space to grow her character, she's already started at the top. just because the kid has the name leia doesn't mean i'm going to have an automatic attachment to them

it's also got that running problem with disney lately where almost every scene is incredible visually, and then there's one or two odd ones out that look like it was on a budget of a hundred bucks. the chase scene with leia was one of them. she jumps over a twig, slides under a tiny branch and the goon chasing her is like "damn better stop and take the long way around". there was some parts where they were both just standing still, leia and the goon, and the goon just sat there. didnt try to grab her, just waited for her to bolt so they could continue the chase sequence. it was just goofy

I did like seeing jawa being more than funny haha characters, and ewan mcgregor kills it. I like the inquisitors, except for reva. she's just a personification of 'sith'. she feels absolutely nothing but pure evil, has apparently no personal code other than 'get obi wan', and will do literally anything to do so. the best villains at least have their own code they abide by. palpatine was a political manipulator, and used that to his advantage and accomplished his goals that way. vader was good at heart but got manipulated. even moff gideon held negotiations and gave a buffer period for mando to turn over grogu before he raided the cantina

I just find it hard to believe that by the end of a 6 episode run we'll be left with a ben kenobi that feels earned. it accomplishes its goal of being a long string of constant fan service though
show took an absolute nosedive in episode 2. everything I hate about disneys new shows/movies are in this single episode

reva 'killing' the grand inquisitor to become diverse female replacement wasn't surprising at all. it's been happening in every disney show to boot. the hawkeye show was just a way to introduce diverse female hawkeye, multiverse of madness was just to pull in america chavez, moon knight had to introduce the female character that was great at everything with no flaws, constantly saved the main character and then became stronger than him by the end of the show, loki has better in all ways with no flaws female loki. its just the new disney formula for every product theyre pushing now. young leia is no different than that. her writing is making her play at least double her age in dialogue.

as far as disney star wars goes, its a reanimated corpse theyre dancing around to push product. boba fett as a character was beaten down and destroyed with poor writing to the point that the most redeeming parts of his show was a solo adventure with a character from an entirely separate series. theyre at least (so far) keeping obi wan in line despite questionable writing. obi wan is a jedi, yet he struggles in a 1 on 1 fight with blasters across a rooftop and cant catch up to a 10 year old kid. ewan is doing his best to make horrible writing work out for him, hes doing great

reva as a character is awful. theyre trying to make her a menacing, scary villain but she has the angsty teen thing going on. the mannerisms, acting and writing worked out so much better for the other inquisitors we've seen. even kylo ren landed better (at first). reva was walked all over, the other inquisitors treated her like a bitch while she was drilling out false threats and they're trying to direct her into being a scary character.

I wanted a story about obi wan and his progression into becoming ben kenobi, but what I received was a bootleg mandalorian mini-series where hes babysitting across the galaxy again.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
show took an absolute nosedive in episode 2. everything I hate about disneys new shows/movies are in this single episode

reva 'killing' the grand inquisitor to become diverse female replacement wasn't surprising at all. it's been happening in every disney show to boot. the hawkeye show was just a way to introduce diverse female hawkeye, multiverse of madness was just to pull in america chavez, moon knight had to introduce the female character that was great at everything with no flaws, constantly saved the main character and then became stronger than him by the end of the show, loki has better in all ways with no flaws female loki. its just the new disney formula for every product theyre pushing now. young leia is no different than that. her writing is making her play at least double her age in dialogue.

as far as disney star wars goes, its a reanimated corpse theyre dancing around to push product. boba fett as a character was beaten down and destroyed with poor writing to the point that the most redeeming parts of his show was a solo adventure with a character from an entirely separate series. theyre at least (so far) keeping obi wan in line despite questionable writing. obi wan is a jedi, yet he struggles in a 1 on 1 fight with blasters across a rooftop and cant catch up to a 10 year old kid. ewan is doing his best to make horrible writing work out for him, hes doing great

reva as a character is awful. theyre trying to make her a menacing, scary villain but she has the angsty teen thing going on. the mannerisms, acting and writing worked out so much better for the other inquisitors we've seen. even kylo ren landed better (at first). reva was walked all over, the other inquisitors treated her like a bitch while she was drilling out false threats and they're trying to direct her into being a scary character.

I wanted a story about obi wan and his progression into becoming ben kenobi, but what I received was a bootleg mandalorian mini-series where hes babysitting across the galaxy again.

do you watch the critical drinker perhaps

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
idk who that is but I will research
[doublepost=1653791021][/doublepost]
I agree with some of his takes but he tries too hard to be funny

I also wanted to add that aliens are no longer common in star wars. they are now funny haha visual gags and the rest of the characters are some humanoid

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae

bro the grand inquisitor isn't even fucking dead lmao

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
bro the grand inquisitor isn't even fucking dead lmao
obviously not, but that wasn't even my point. it's the fact that they did that so they could push this whiney, trying to act tough inquisitor as the villain of the series. if the grand inquisitor for some odd reason pops back up in this show i'll be extremely surprised. based on the predictability of disney these days, I suspect him living will be a post credit scene on the final episode

Reactions: List