Kenobi teaser

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
tbf tho like, she's a force-sensitive child who by time the OT happens is a senator at like age 18 and not long after a general of a full-scale rebellion. i don't think it's entirely out of character from my perspective at least. i'd like to think carrie fisher would love little leia.

and her birth mom was queen/senator at 14 who had a whole thing of her own going on naboo in the prequels.

i think just star wars has this thing for making really really young people way more mature for their age and putting them in positions of power. jedi order literally a bunch of child soldiers with space magic.

i haven't seen ep3 yet tho. overall i'm enjoying the series so far with the first 2 episodes.
I had no idea she was only 14 as a senator and queen

Reactions: List

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
watching ep3 and
how the fuck did vader just like sneak up on obi wan that mf be loud as fuck

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
With how overwhelming and intimidating Vader is portrayed in a lot of other material / videogames (e.g. fallen order, rogue one), I find him to be very mild and underwhelming in this iteration. Almost Episode IV tier (which I guess makes sense timeline-wise but still)

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
With how overwhelming and intimidating Vader is portrayed in a lot of other material / videogames (e.g. fallen order, rogue one), I find him to be very mild and underwhelming in this iteration. Almost Episode IV tier (which I guess makes sense timeline-wise but still)
I guess this could be explained as Vader simply being afraid of Obi-Wan after the events on Mustafar, so he takes a more cautious stance against him everytime he encounters him.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
yeah i dont like the idea of vader meeting obi wan before their final confrontation on the death star

the whole "teacher becomes the master" dialogue feels weird if they had encounters before then in my personal opinion

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
yeah i dont like the idea of vader meeting obi wan before their final confrontation on the death star

the whole "teacher becomes the master" dialogue feels weird if they had encounters before then in my personal opinion
its as if they didnt even review the dialogue from a new hope before producing the show. he beat the shit out of obi wan in this last kenobi episode so even then the dialogue still dont make no sense at all. plus, now nothing about leia's message for help from kenobi in a new hope makes sense. she speaks like they never met, which is how it was written
General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father's request to you in person, but my ship has fallen under attack, and I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I have placed information vital to the survival of the Rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

im seriously tired of disney needing to remove any possible speculation about anything they produce. the gap between revenge of the sith and a new hope being open to interpretation was fine. retroactively filling in gaps with an entirely different vision than what the series had just doesnt work

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
its as if they didnt even review the dialogue from a new hope before producing the show. he beat the shit out of obi wan in this last kenobi episode so even then the dialogue still dont make no sense at all. plus, now nothing about leia's message for help from kenobi in a new hope makes sense. she speaks like they never met, which is how it was written

im seriously tired of disney needing to remove any possible speculation about anything they produce. the gap between revenge of the sith and a new hope being open to interpretation was fine. retroactively filling in gaps with an entirely different vision than what the series had just doesnt work

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae

Daily reminder Disney's SW movie trilogy literally had no plan when it was being made.

They just made it up as they went, which meant the different writers & directors constantly contradicted each other.

Christ

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Daily reminder Disney's SW movie trilogy literally had no plan when it was being made.

They just made it up as they went, which meant the different writers & directors constantly contradicted each other.

Christ
they at least set something up that was decent with the force awakens, and then decided to erase everything abrams left for them to work with

thats really cool man

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
they at least set something up that was decent with the force awakens, and then decided to erase everything abrams left for them to work with
tbf the only reason the Force Awakens was "good" was because it copied all the beats of A New Hope but changed around the characters

Nebulae
would love to see more of a display of vader still getting used to his position, not quite being at his peak experience, making mistakes and effortfully trying to scrub the last bit of anakin in himself etc. (even it has been 10 years) than just being the stock big villain man but im happy with what im seeing so far

leia is an obnoxious attempt at portraying someone more mature than her age

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
would love to see more of a display of vader still getting used to his position, not quite being at his peak experience, making mistakes and effortfully trying to scrub the last bit of anakin in himself etc. (even it has been 10 years) than just being the stock big villain man but im happy with what im seeing so far
this isnt darth vader. he doesnt indiscriminately kill people with no relation to his goal. vader has never been portrayed that way, he doesn't kill people that he can't justify deserved it in some way. we've seen him kill:
  • an officer for disrespecting him
  • an officer for insubordination
  • younglings to destroy the next generation of Jedi
  • a group of rebels holding death star plans
  • rebels trying to blow up the death star
  • a bunch of tuskens that kidnapped his mom
he could sense obi wan with the force, so im not sure why he killed all the fellas in the town. hes an evil person, but he really went out of his way to kill those random people when it was just needless to accomplish his goal

in that same vein, obi wan took a fuckin hostage in this last episode. straight up did the most un-jedi thing and held an innocent man at gunpoint, to which the stormtroopers, the actual bad guys ended up doing with leia

disney will not stop until every established character is turned into an incompetent, clueless old man. they're doing this so they can write as minimally as possible. you dont need characters with a backstory or a personality that's likeable when you can just shoehorn them in by having them save one of our beloved, now retarded established characters

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
this isnt darth vader. he doesnt indiscriminately kill people with no relation to his goal. vader has never been portrayed that way, he doesn't kill people that he can't justify deserved it in some way. we've seen him kill:
  • an officer for disrespecting him
  • an officer for insubordination
  • younglings to destroy the next generation of Jedi
  • a group of rebels holding death star plans
  • rebels trying to blow up the death star
  • a bunch of tuskens that kidnapped his mom
he could sense obi wan with the force, so im not sure why he killed all the fellas in the town. hes an evil person, but he really went out of his way to kill those random people when it was just needless to accomplish his goal

in that same vein, obi wan took a fuckin hostage in this last episode. straight up did the most un-jedi thing and held an innocent man at gunpoint, to which the stormtroopers, the actual bad guys ended up doing with leia

disney will not stop until every established character is turned into an incompetent, clueless old man. they're doing this so they can write as minimally as possible. you dont need characters with a backstory or a personality that's likeable when you can just shoehorn them in by having them save one of our beloved, now retarded established characters

tbf disney has had a habit of making fan-favorite characters momentarily stupid to then introduce a "brand new and improved version" that's worse in every way

MCU is fucking awful for it at the moment