Serious LGBT Thread

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
I’m just about as pro trans as I am pro gun. Except I support people more then I do slabs of steel.

But if you honestly ask me, if someone under 18 or 20 wanted to go through, I’d support them, but I’d have to REALLY make sure they’d be okay with it, because it isn’t reverse able what they’ll do.

It’s just how humans work, under 20 or so your brain is still developing. And your mind will change. I wanted SO badly to enlist when I was younger, on every single thing they’d give in school and all the career things they’d hand out I’d always put down “11-B Infantryman.” I was so adamant because I was young, and impressionable. Then I saw what really happens in the army, I spoke to actual veterans of all conflicts and ages and specializations.

It wasn’t worth it. So I decided to go the path I’m on now, but who is to say I’ll stay here? Maybe I’ll do another 180.

Same goes for them. We need to support them yes but we also need to make sure that they’re really sure. Instead of just showing them the possibilities. We need to show them what can also happen, and make sure they know they can take it. Because it won’t be all good as they think.

I hate talking about this shit but I feel like I just need to say what I think needs to be considered.

Support them, love them, cherish them. But also show them the true nature of the world. Don’t hide it from them because “they don’t deserve it” because if you want to survive you need to know what the fuck you’re getting into.

Reactions: List

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
But if you honestly ask me, if someone under 18 or 20 wanted to go through, I’d support them, but I’d have to REALLY make sure they’d be okay with it, because it isn’t reverse able what they’ll do.
yeah... but it is easily reversible - though righties continue to fearmonger about permanent effects

and... kids were already having to go through multiple barriers to get these blockers beforehand, while this ruling will make it likely close to impossible

i get where your coming from, but for many dysphoric teens blockers are a lifeline and this will do much more harm than supposed good for most of them

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
i get where your coming from, but for many dysphoric teens blockers are a lifeline and this will do much more harm than supposed good for most of them
I understand that too and I hate it. Literally for any med you can’t just take it away from someone and go “you’ll be okay!”

Tried to stop my own meds cold turkey and I actually almost damn near went to the ER, so I know how some kids really do need them.

Just another example about how fucked politicians are man.

It’s about time that they put aside their own beliefs, get their heads outta each other’s asses and realize that we’re moving forward again socially and they need to obviously change things so they fit with the time instead of trying to pull the “BUT MUH MORALS” shit

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
Tried to stop my own meds cold turkey and I actually almost damn near went to the ER, so I know how some kids really do need them.

i think you misunderstand the reasons why these people need these pills
it's not just because of mental issues like depression
it's because puberty is hell of a drug, and is often irreversible, think about all the "men in dress" stereotypes you see, like ITS MA'AM and how different they'd look had they not gone through male puberty, they can't revert that after it happens, especially since testosterone makes stronger and more drastic changes than estrogen. forcing a trans kid to go through puberty (be it their natural, or unnatural one) can ruin their life, puberty blockers are a perfect middle ground for them to figure their selves out, and if they feel like it may have been a phase, they can stop taking them and they'd go through their natural puberty.

case in point:
maam.jpg

Zoey_Tur_Inside_Edition_%28cropped%29.jpg

200820014.jpg

v3ieo7s80n261.jpg

you'd be less hostile if these people didn't look like how they did, and a big part of that is transitioning at a good age or/and not going through a puberty that alters how you look forever

Last edited:

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
i think you misunderstand the reasons why these people need these pills
it's not just because of mental issues like depression
it's because puberty is hell of a drug, and is often irreversible, think about all the "men in dress" stereotypes you see, like ITS MA'AM and how different they'd look had they not gone through male puberty, they can't revert that after it happens, especially since testosterone makes stronger and more drastic changes than estrogen. forcing a trans kid to go through puberty (be it their natural, or unnatural one) can ruin their life, puberty blockers are a perfect middle ground for them to figure their selves out, and if they feel like it may have been a phase, they can stop taking them and they'd go through their natural puberty.

case in point:
maam.jpg

Zoey_Tur_Inside_Edition_%28cropped%29.jpg

200820014.jpg

v3ieo7s80n261.jpg

you'd be less hostile if these people didn't look like how they did, and a big part of that is transitioning at a good age or/and not going through a puberty that alters how you look forever
I never meant no ill will by what I said, I just have a hard time putting my thoughts into words sometimes. I apologize if I gave you the wrong idea.

I honestly have no issues with how people look. I don’t even care how anyone looks. I don’t look good either and that’s cause genetics n shit.

I think what I wanted to try and say was I just didn’t want people to go through transitioning without giving it a good hard look and really thinking it over.

Cause I know that those who are quite young tend to think of doing things without really thinking it over first.

Personally I always prefer character over looks. I don’t care for looks. For me the real turn on is if you’re a genuinely good person

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
I never meant no ill will by what I said, I just have a hard time putting my thoughts into words sometimes. I apologize if I gave you the wrong idea.

I honestly have no issues with how people look. I don’t even care how anyone looks. I don’t look good either and that’s cause genetics n shit.

I think what I wanted to try and say was I just didn’t want people to go through transitioning without giving it a good hard look and really thinking it over.

Cause I know that those who are quite young tend to think of doing things without really thinking it over first.

Personally I always prefer character over looks. I don’t care for looks. For me the real turn on is if you’re a genuinely good person

Of course not I didn't mean to pin it on you that you did
Just wanted to say that there's more to puberty blockers than depression for a few years
It's potential depression for your life time. It's saving 100k on surgery to fix what puberty done to you. It's potential murder, it's constant embarrassment and sense of not belonging and it's constant torture. It's not standing out like a sore-thumb and having slurs thrown at you on the street, it's actually being able to find a life long partner, it's being able to use public restrooms, or going swimming. That's how powerful and needed it is for trans people. I agree there's a lot of impressionable youth that equate trans to the quirky thing to do to avoid being the evil cis, but they're a minority, and the majority are those that do research on what these drugs to their bodies and how their lives will look if they take it, and even knowing that they'll have a life far different from most, they still agree that it's better than finding themselves the torture of what I mentioned above.

Whilst you may prefer character over looks, sadly WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY based off lookism.

Again, society would be more accepting to trans people, and they'd receive less hostility if more looked like this over the pictures above
s35p02fu2g231.jpg

this concludes my TED-Talk

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
Of course not I didn't mean to pin it on you that you did
Just wanted to say that there's more to puberty blockers than depression for a few years
It's potential depression for your life time. It's saving 100k on surgery to fix what puberty done to you. It's potential murder, it's constant embarrassment and sense of not belonging and it's constant torture. It's not standing out like a sore-thumb and having slurs thrown at you on the street, it's actually being able to find a life long partner, it's being able to use public restrooms, or going swimming. That's how powerful and needed it is for trans people. I agree there's a lot of impressionable youth that equate trans to the quirky thing to do to avoid being the evil cis, but they're a minority, and the majority are those that do research on what these drugs to their bodies and how their lives will look if they take it, and even knowing that they'll have a life far different from most, they still agree that it's better than finding themselves the torture of what I mentioned above.

Whilst you may prefer character over looks, sadly WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY based off lookism.

Again, society would be more accepting to trans people, and they'd receive less hostility if more looked like this over the pictures above
s35p02fu2g231.jpg

this concludes my TED-Talk

huh
look like like goku?

D

Deleted member 7099

It's potential murder,
this is depressingly true

trans people constantly being misgendered and having slurs lobbed at them just because they don't look or sound like their pronouns is so fucking disgustingly common but that's not the only thing they'd have to fear
in many states and countries, literal murderers are given legal protection for killing trans women because of some absolutely stupid gay panic defense where in if someone finds out their sexual partner is transgender and is afraid of being called gay, they're near fully allowed to assault or fucking murder the person just because they were scared of being gay.
yet people still think trans people aren't oppressed lol they wouldn't be sayin that shit if there was a literal law that protects their murder

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
this is depressingly true

trans people constantly being misgendered and having slurs lobbed at them just because they don't look or sound like their pronouns is so fucking disgustingly common but that's not the only thing they'd have to fear
in many states and countries, literal murderers are given legal protection for killing trans women because of some absolutely stupid gay panic defense where in if someone finds out their sexual partner is transgender and is afraid of being called gay, they're near fully allowed to assault or fucking murder the person just because they were scared of being gay.
yet people still think trans people aren't oppressed lol they wouldn't be sayin that shit if there was a literal law that protects their murder
That's only in the states right?

I don't think it's like that in Europe at least

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

in the UK, being transgendered is a protected characteristic

meaning the opposite of what yurrie said, so if for example someone assaults a trans person it classifies as a hate crime on top of assault so they’re royally fucked, iirc

america on the other hand is fucking weird
i knew they didn’t have protection for certain groups of people but i didn’t know it was THAT bad

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

e82.jpg

had people literally tell me theyd kill a gay person no hesitation and go on without any objections from anyone

i shudder to think what theyd do to trans people, i havent met or heard of a single trans person here in my entire life

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae

idk even the UK has frequent gay beatings in public, sure trans people would get it worse

in the UK, being transgendered is a protected characteristic

meaning the opposite of what yurrie said, so if for example someone assaults a trans person it classifies as a hate crime on top of assault so they’re royally fucked, iirc

america on the other hand is fucking weird
i knew they didn’t have protection for certain groups of people but i didn’t know it was THAT bad

it's a shame that the U.K in media has long been pretty progressive, but the people culturally are very anti-progressive (just like the stupid sainsbury's ad), tbh tho the UK government has been on a streak of anti-trans recently

e82.jpg

had people literally tell me theyd kill a gay person no hesitation and go on without any objections from anyone

i shudder to think what theyd do to trans people, i havent met or heard of a single trans person here in my entire life

god bless europe to the east of germany
tho there was a trans girl in my college and one in my comprehensive school back when i was in the UK and i heard people around me talking about wanting to beat them

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
idk even the UK has frequent gay beatings in public, sure trans people would get it worse

it's a shame that the U.K in media has long been pretty progressive, but the people culturally are very anti-progressive (just like the stupid sainsbury's ad), tbh tho the UK government has been on a streak of anti-trans recently

god bless europe to the east of germany
technically im to the south of germany but yeah