Serious LGBT Thread

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
i unno, maybe? but for what it's worth all blizzard services are shutting down in china for the foreseeable future soon so
genuinely happy to see this; blizzard's been sucking up to china almost exclusively for monetary purposes, and they've lost sight of who they are for it.

the chinese gaming market has been historically bad and with all that's happening, like with the restrictions on when people are even allowed to play and the way that companies need a distributor operating in china to publish anything, it's no wonder that finally the western companies are pulling out. now we'll see an influx in chinese companies publishing out to the western market, which has already been happening massively with Riot Games, MiHoYo (Hoyoverse), and Tencent to a greater extent.

Reactions: List

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
genuinely happy to see this; blizzard's been sucking up to china almost exclusively for monetary purposes, and they've lost sight of who they are for it.

the chinese gaming market has been historically bad and with all that's happening, like with the restrictions on when people are even allowed to play and the way that companies need a distributor operating in china to publish anything, it's no wonder that finally the western companies are pulling out. now we'll see an influx in chinese companies publishing out to the western market, which has already been happening massively with Riot Games, MiHoYo (Hoyoverse), and Tencent to a greater extent.
i just want western companies to stop selling out to those countries
and to bring it into the thread topic
these countries are just straight up homophobic, as expected
china and the gulf countries to be specific, because those are 2 regions that games companies have started selling out to

ESL just got bought by a saudi company earlier this year lol

image.png

*this tweet is unavailable in the following countries: russia, china, saudi-arabia*

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
i just want western companies to stop selling out to those countries
and to bring it into the thread topic
these countries are just straight up homophobic, as expected
china and the gulf countries to be specific, because those are 2 regions that games companies have started selling out to

ESL just got bought by a saudi company earlier this year lol

image.png

*this tweet is unavailable in the following countries: russia, china, saudi-arabia*

I kinda don't trust when Riot posts stuff like this cause they use women and LGBT community content as a smoke screen to hide the fact they're the same shit as Blizzard company wise

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
wait what? why?
isn't china their main cash-cow, the reason they keep censoring shit in their games etc etc

China isn't actualy their main cash cow, according to Bizzard they represent less than 10%, perhaps even less than 5% of their annual revenue if my memory is correct. NetEase probably takes most of the money there, which is probably why Blizzard hasn't renewed the contract.

Edit: It's roughly 3%
blizzard said:
Currently, we have licensing agreements with a third party covering the publication of several Blizzard titles in China. These agreements, which contributed approximately 3% of Activision Blizzard's consolidated net revenues in 2021, expire in January 2023.

I kinda don't trust when Riot posts stuff like this cause they use women and LGBT community content as a smoke screen to hide the fact they're the same shit as Blizzard company wise
Considering how many sexually harassment cases Riot keeps catching I don't think they're even trying to hide it lul

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Considering how many sexually harassment cases Riot keeps catching I don't think they're even trying to hide it lul

They do try to hide it, their PR works non-stop especially when those cases show up, but they don't exactly need to, cause Riot fans are so severely used to it and obsessed with their stuff they just don't give it a thought before spending another 200€ in RPs

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
They do try to hide it, their PR works non-stop especially when those cases show up, but they don't exactly need to, cause Riot fans are so severely used to it and obsessed with their stuff they just don't give it a thought before spending another 200€ in RPs

sexual harassment should be legal grounds to whoop someone's ass tbh.

Jeffy

Electron
Premium Member
Nebulae
i’m homo. very homo. and in need of romance

fofa

Atom
Nebulae
i now know why people say don’t get into relationships until ur like 18+ because my first one sucked so bad. at least it helped me confirm my sexuality
it probably sucked because ur immature and never rlly connected with the person