Serious LGBT Thread

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i dont see the mental gymnastics, even if it's an asshole of a post

in most religions, pride (and other LGBT stuff) is categorically a sin

the catholic church's view on gay people is "its okay to have gay thoughts, just repress it and don't actually do anything gay"
they sure as fuck wouldn't want you to celebrate it
I think it’s more along the lines of Pride as one of the seven deadly sins

-said by a guy who is super jacked becuase he wants to show off on social media (I assume)

Reactions: List

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think it’s more along the lines of Pride as one of the seven deadly sins

-said by a guy who is super jacked becuase he wants to show off on social media (I assume)

Sadly not. In the original post the OP clearly meant what he said, plus since he used the rainbow he for sure targetted a specific group.

The mental gymnastics part is the implication that being proud of what you are is grounds for a """SIN"""

Posting stuff like this is just cringe/tone deaf at best and completely bigoted at worst.

This is what bothered me a lot as well. It can be a sin to you, but not everyone is a fundamentalist, especially on a page that was about fitness

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The mental gymnastics part is the implication that being proud of what you are is grounds for a """SIN"""

iirc the idea is that the bible tells you what was, is, and will be moral for all of time
the argument being that 200 years ago slavery was moral to most of civilized society, but the bible was against it, etc
so with the idea that morals change over time, the bible's morals will stay "objectively true forever" and thus its just far less worrisome to think about whether homosexuality may or may not be a sin in the past, present, or future, and just rely on what the bible says about it

personally disagree on it, but that's what I've been told by religious people (unless i'd misheard them)

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Sadly not. In the original post the OP clearly meant what he said, plus since he used the rainbow he for sure targetted a specific group.
Oh no, don’t get me wrong, he DID MEAN gay pride specifically, but it’s kind of a cover act I see a lot of Christian’s use. “Pride” is one of the seven deadly sins, so that face that Pride events exist, they can go “Hahahaha, you can’t do that big sky man says no” just because it’s called pride

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
iirc the idea is that the bible tells you what was, is, and will be moral for all of time
the argument being that 200 years ago slavery was moral to most of civilized society, but the bible was against it, etc
so with the idea that morals change over time, the bible's morals will stay "objectively true forever" and thus its just far less worrisome to think about whether homosexuality may or may not be a sin in the past, present, or future, and just rely on what the bible says about it

personally disagree on it, but that's what I've been told by religious people (unless i'd misheard them)
Funny how when it comes to people with different sexualities they'll try to bring up muh 7 deadly sins yet won't say a word about shit like corrupt as fuck governments, greedy corporations or the blatant abuse of children that happens in various religious communities.

People only give a shit about that stuff when they personally don't like something and want validation for disliking it.

Not to be disrespectful, but there is nothing objectively correct about the bible. It was written by humans.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Screenshot_20230605-1921012.png

Saw this horrendous post on Instagram today. Followed this dude because the funny Greek God physique meme, seems he's using religion to cover his blatant homophobia. what a fucking shame. can guarantee this guy isn't natty
fella got a whole instagram page dedicated to vanity and pride. if he embodied any godly virtues he'd practice humility and not feel the need to show off.

im sure he's also never had sex outside of marriage (clueless)

greed, categorized as "a desire to deprive other men of theirs" - aka gaining something at the loss of another could easily be categorized in the same vein as trying to upend everyone around you for your own gain

romans 2:1
"You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."

im so tired of people wielding faith as a weapon, when i guarantee they havent read the bible and/or are failing in their own teachings while condemning those around them
To quote Matthew 7:3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
fella got a whole instagram page dedicated to vanity and pride. if he embodied any godly virtues he'd practice humility and not feel the need to show off.

im sure he's also never had sex outside of marriage (clueless)

greed, categorized as "a desire to deprive other men of theirs" - aka gaining something at the loss of another could easily be categorized in the same vein as trying to upend everyone around you for your own gain

romans 2:1
"You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."

im so tired of people wielding faith as a weapon, when i guarantee they havent read the bible and/or are failing in their own teachings while condemning those around them
To quote Matthew 7:3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

excellent take

agree with the last bit, so sad to see faith be used as a tool to promote hate. It's all so tiresome

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
not a man lover but like there’s a post from like 3 years ago on this thread that lives rent free in my head where someone was like “I CAUGHT FEELINGS FOR MY FWB AND SHE DOESNT HAVE FEELINGS BACK. ITS OVER.”

laughed at the time

not laughing now bros…

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
not a man lover but like there’s a post from like 3 years ago on this thread that lives rent free in my head where someone was like “I CAUGHT FEELINGS FOR MY FWB AND SHE DOESNT HAVE FEELINGS BACK. ITS OVER.”

laughed at the time

not laughing now bros…

the owner has become the owned

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
started hrt a few days ago, havent been around on the forums for a minute but wowie i figured id post at least sometime this year just to stop by and say hello to all you lovely people and come out i guess

so far so good, i dont live in florida luckily so my state has a lot of support systems in place and this has made the early stages of transitioning spectacularly easy from a medical standpoint which is super relieving (informed consent is a blessing)

will probably post updates on how things are going every once in awhile, so far though it feels as if im finally seeing the world in color for the first time, there's just so much beauty to the world and even people that i'd missed for twenty years of my life

anyways happy pride! 🙂

Nebulae
started hrt a few days ago, havent been around on the forums for a minute but wowie i figured id post at least sometime this year just to stop by and say hello to all you lovely people and come out i guess

so far so good, i dont live in florida luckily so my state has a lot of support systems in place and this has made the early stages of transitioning spectacularly easy from a medical standpoint which is super relieving (informed consent is a blessing)

will probably post updates on how things are going every once in awhile, so far though it feels as if im finally seeing the world in color for the first time, there's just so much beauty to the world and even people that i'd missed for twenty years of my life

anyways happy pride! 🙂
The rainbow thing wasn't insinuating anything, I just wanted to give you a nice rainbow. congrats and get it!

Jeffy

Electron
Nebulae

anyways happy pride! 🙂
you the raelmadecs now

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

anyways happy pride! 🙂
Grats, Mael. Glad to see you find happiness with yourself :)

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae

anyways happy pride! 🙂
more like FeMaelRadecs

tera

Atom
Nebulae
I don't think I've ever said this before but I've came out as bi since last year's pride month and I've been massively happy about myself as a person-

Happy pride month, gaymers!