Serious LGBT Thread

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
also btw i think im bi but idk how to come out to my parents or even if i want to, cus they live across the country for me and it aint their business whomst i wanna sleep with

Let em find out at some point or something, or just tell them because it'll make them feel good to see their family still trusts them with this kinda stuff...

Dunno, depends on you and how your parents are, I have no issue at all with this topic and my parents considering they're LGBT friendly and stuff

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
dating these days suck so bad. tons of men just want a hook up...
women too trust me

Never had a good experience with a bi guy.

Plenty more people they can cheat on you with smh
i get this is probably a meme but still what to heck
don't say shit like that... in the lgbt thread even...

not only is it biphobic, but it's like, homophobic as well? he he all men who have sex with men are man whores!!!

also btw i think im bi but idk how to come out to my parents or even if i want to, cus they live across the country for me and it aint their business whomst i wanna sleep with
idk mate just act casual about it, no need to bring it up unless its the subject at hand

s what i did and theres never been issues

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
if they dont need to know why should you tell them

its your business, nobody elses

Sometimes people feel better telling others after holding back for so long, sometimes it's a close friend, but it's also important to tell your parents about stuff that's important for you. If they truly care they'll be happy you told them, and that you trusted them with it.

So it isn't necessary but if you know they'll be cool with it and stuff there's no harm in having them know you trust them.

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
women too trust me

yes maybe i dont actively seek to date women and i never have... me questioning my sexuality is just recent
[doublepost=1576332694][/doublepost]
if they dont need to know why should you tell them

its your business, nobody elses

true. and i wouldn't really care if they didnt approve. we aren't rly that close

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
yes maybe i dont actively seek to date women and i never have... me questioning my sexuality is just recent
im bi and have spent plenty of time on tinder w both men and women

both are just as bad why do people JUST wanna fuk smh

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Sometimes people feel better telling others after holding back for so long, sometimes it's a close friend, but it's also important to tell your parents about stuff that's important for you. If they truly care they'll be happy you told them, and that you trusted them with it.

So it isn't necessary but if you know they'll be cool with it and stuff there's no harm in having them know you trust them.
what goes on in the bedroom is entirely the business of the individual and their partner imo

why cause needless friction in relations by forcing what side you swing to onto people who didnt ask? what if they dont approve/dont want to hear about it?

tell them if they ask, but otherwise leave it out because it doesnt make a difference
[doublepost=1576332859][/doublepost]

cus its fun

bubblegum

Nebulae

idk if this makes me sound like a total slut que raiden memeing but i dont think i wanna date women? i like the power dynamic in terms of a male female relationship. but id be down for like casual sex or a threesome or w/e if the stars were aligned in a certain way. idk. and everyone knows its not gay in a 3way so id be safe from cooties.

what goes on in the bedroom is entirely the business of the individuals and their partners imo

ftfy

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
what goes on in the bedroom is entirely the business of the individual and their partner imo

why cause needless friction in relations by forcing what side you swing to onto people who didnt ask? what if they dont approve/dont want to hear about it?

tell them if they ask, but otherwise leave it out because it doesnt make a difference

It's not about who you fuck or who you don't why does it always have to be sexual

Even today LGBT is not completely normalized, and at some point you want to like, not hide stuff from your parents? I think it's pure respect to tell your parents about you, be it you like trains or you like boys or girls, who cares, you don't have to make it sound like you're telling your parents about your BDSM fetish, it's just some casual chat about hey dad I have a boyfriend or hey dad I like boys.

It's not "forcing anything", for goodness sake, with the whole forcing stuff, it's telling your parents about you and getting some reassurance, widening your comfort space a bit. Many LGBT people fear about their identity being discovered by others, and having people know and accept of it or deny them gives them reassurance. If they accept you, you remain with them, if they deny you, you get away from them.

what if they dont approve/dont want to hear about it?

I get what you mean, and for some younger people who live with their parents it could be okay to remain silent to avoid these things if they know their parents won't be approving of it, but in Bubble's case that's not really an issue at all considering the distance.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It's not about who you fuck or who you don't why does it always have to be sexual

Even today LGBT is not completely normalized, and at some point you want to like, not hide stuff from your parents? I think it's pure respect to tell your parents about you, be it you like trains or you like boys or girls, who cares, you don't have to make it sound like you're telling your parents about your BDSM fetish, it's just some casual chat about hey dad I have a boyfriend or hey dad I like boys.

It's not "forcing anything", for goodness sake, with the whole forcing stuff, it's telling your parents about you and getting some reassurance, widening your comfort space a bit. Many LGBT people fear about their identity being discovered by others, and having people know and accept of it or deny them gives them reassurance. If they accept you, you remain with them, if they deny you, you get away from them.

I get what you mean, and for some younger people who live with their parents it could be okay to remain silent to avoid these things if they know their parents won't be approving of it, but in Bubble's case that's not really an issue at all considering the distance.
"What goes on in the bedroom" is not a sexual thing beyond being a saying for which way you swing

Jesus Christ, read before you freak out. Sometimes the most respectful thing to do is to keep it to yourself unless you absolutely need to say it/the situation calls for it. A lot of times people genuinely just don't care and you make more of a deal out of it than you should by thinking its the end of the world and basing your entire identity on your sexuality

odds are, if you aren't a trash person people won't give a shit and won't see you any different
i just find it more respectful to keep it to yourself unless people specifically ask, then by all means, go ahead and talk about it

i dont randomly talk about double fisting the slimy cunt of a blonde haired girl do i

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
cus its fun
i mean yeah but its no fun if theres no point to the fuk

love > sex anyday
"What goes on in the bedroom" is not a sexual thing beyond being a saying for which way you swing

Jesus Christ, read before you freak out. Sometimes the most respectful thing to do is to keep it to yourself unless you absolutely need to say it/the situation calls for it. A lot of times people genuinely just don't care and you make more of a deal out of it than you should by thinking its the end of the world and basing your entire identity on your sexuality

odds are, if you aren't a trash person people won't give a shit and won't see you any different
i just find it more respectful to keep it to yourself unless people specifically ask, then by all means, go ahead and talk about it

i dont randomly talk about double fisting the slimy cunt of a blonde haired girl do i
the only point i think its completely socially acceptable to talk about what went on in the bedroom is when its banter/gossip between mates and youre all in on it

otherwise its kinda weird bro....

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae

No I'm by no means freaking out I'm trying to make my point

It's not necessary sure, and it's something to be brought up at a specific time when the situation calls for it, I'm not saying you should go and say "hey mom I love your lentils potage but I prefer cock", I'm saying it's perfectly okay to sit down with your parents and talk about it, just like it's okay to sit down with them to talk about anything else

It's about reassurance, about support from others. Not everyone can live giving 0 fucks about everything and not getting any support from others. Sometimes, you need someone there who can tell you it's okay to be the way you are, and your parents should be as good as any other close friend. And if they're not okay with it then you just leave the thing aside and go on with your life, and seek for that support on different circles and people.

TL;DR: It's okay to sit and talk with your parents and share personal stuff once in a while, most will be happy you trusted them.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
ye but i think everyone else here was saying that in no way is it necessary including me, idk bruv

"Keep it to yourself" means no talking about it

There's no need to keep such stuff to yourself, you should choose a time and mood but you should definitely tell others about you, be it lovers or your favourite colour. It's a way to show you trust them, telling personal things about you. Same goes with parents.

bubblegum

Nebulae
i mean yeah but its no fun if theres no point to the fuk

love > sex anyday

the only point i think its completely socially acceptable to talk about what went on in the bedroom is when its banter/gossip between mates and youre all in on it

otherwise its kinda weird bro....

i dont think that's what jaggles is implying

i think he's saying that we should normalize gay sex the same we normalize straight sex. sexuality isn't just "oh i touched her vajayjay" its a mixture of a lot of things and in today's western society, straight sex is totally normal. there are ED advertisements with shit like "want to pleasure your wife? get a bigger cucumber" all around my city and on the buses and shit. but then when it's time to talk about gay sex, suddenly people are puritans and say "keep it to yourself" haha no.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
"Keep it to yourself" means no talking about it

There's no need to keep such stuff to yourself, you should choose a time and mood but you should definitely tell others about you, be it lovers or your favourite colour. It's a way to show you trust them, telling personal things about you. Same goes with parents.
epic strawman

"Keep it to yourself" was followed by "talk about it if the situation calls for it/it is absolutely necessary to you"

There is a need to keep stuff like that to yourself because people don't want to hear about it unless they ask most of the time. It's not prime conversation material to talk about how you got your throat railed by Jim down the street yesterday, y'know?

And that goes for both sides of the spectrum

Parents are people just as much as they are parents, and they won't support literally EVERYTHING you do, think or say blindly just because they are parents, nor will they feel comfortable talking about everything you feel comfortable about. It is just as respectful to not talk about sexual identity and encounters as it is to do it.

It's one of those subjects where you need to take the temperature of the room and figure out if discussing stuff like that is acceptable, or if they would prefer not to talk about it while still supporting you for who you are. Some families are more conservative when it comes to conversation topics (NOT POLITICALLY CONSERVATIVE) than others and vice versa

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
i dont think that's what jaggles is implying

i think he's saying that we should normalize gay sex the same we normalize straight sex. sexuality isn't just "oh i touched her vajayjay" its a mixture of a lot of things and in today's western society, straight sex is totally normal. there are ED advertisements with shit like "want to pleasure your wife? get a bigger cucumber" all around my city and on the buses and shit. but then when it's time to talk about gay sex, suddenly people are puritans and say "keep it to yourself" haha no.

No I'm not talking about sex at all I'm aiming for the opposite - Trying to desexualize LGBT relationships

What I meant is you don't have to be le edgy guy with your parents and instead you should trust them a bit with telling them that you love the same gender too or that you love all genders equally

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
What I meant is you don't have to be le edgy guy with your parents and instead you should trust them a bit with telling them that you love the same gender too or that you love all genders equally
yeah but the rest of us are saying theres no need to aswell
especially if one doesnt feel comfortable doing it or are afraid of consequenses

its literally one of the most harmful things the lgbt community does is convince people "coming out is the right way, you need to do it" because in some sad cases it can really harm the person