Serious LGBT Thread

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
epic strawman

"Keep it to yourself" was followed by "talk about it if the situation calls for it/it is absolutely necessary to you"

There is a need to keep stuff like that to yourself because people don't want to hear about it unless they ask most of the time. It's not prime conversation material to talk about how you got your throat railed by Jim down the street yesterday, y'know?

Parents are people just as much as they are parents, and they won't support literally EVERYTHING you do, think or say blindly just because they are parents, nor will they feel comfortable talking about everything you feel comfortable about. It is just as respectful to not talk about sexual identity and encounters as it is to do it.

It's one of those subjects where you need to take the temperature of the room and figure out if discussing stuff like that is acceptable, or if they would prefer not to talk about it while still supporting you for who you are.

"What goes on in the bedroom" is not a sexual thing beyond being a saying for which way you swing

Jesus Christ, read before you freak out.

However you're making it out to be something sexual?

I told my mother I'm bi and no I didn't tell her about my sexual encounters or how or how much I fucked my ex what the fuck lmao.
[doublepost=1576335050][/doublepost]
yeah but the rest of us are saying theres no need to aswell
especially if one doesnt feel comfortable doing it or are afraid of consequenses

its literally one of the most harmful things the lgbt community does is convince people "coming out is the right way, you need to do it" because in some sad cases it can really harm the person

As I'm saying too, we're saying the same thing but I'm saying parents deserve (at least, the good caring ones, I know some people have a difficult relationship with their parents) to be told about personal stuff since they earned that trust

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
No I'm not talking about sex at all I'm aiming for the opposite - Trying to desexualize LGBT relationships

What I meant is you don't have to be le edgy guy with your parents and instead you should trust them a bit with telling them that you love the same gender too or that you love all genders equally

oh ok but i think we're still on the same page? lgbt relationships are seen as tabboo and thus demonized because of the "perverse" sexual nature of it. im not like saying walk around naked wearing an lgbt strap on or w/e, but just for society to think that lgb relationships and straight relationships are both okay and normal

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
oh ok but i think we're still on the same page? lgbt relationships are seen as tabboo and thus demonized because of the "perverse" sexual nature of it. im not like saying walk around naked wearing an lgbt strap on or w/e, but just for society to think that lgb relationships and straight relationships are both okay and normal
youll have to forgive me but its not like that across all of society which is why me and evil have a diff viewpoint, its cuz we live in diff worlds
i wont speak for him directly but over here it is normalized so there is no need to normalize it at all
hell two thirds of my friends are bi and its a small town where not much happens
its unavoidable to talk about it among other things

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
However you're making it out to be something sexual?

I told my mother I'm bi and no I didn't tell her about my sexual encounters or how or how much I fucked my ex what the fuck lmao.
Because you don't understand what I'm saying regardless of how I put it

Agree to disagree, can't get through to you

bubblegum

Nebulae
youll have to forgive me but its not like that across all of society

1fpankf9p7x31.png

1920px-Public_opinion_of_same-sex_marriage_in_USA_by_state.svg.png

Darker the blue, the more acceptance there is.

We have different experiences. I grew up where the bible belt meets the rust belt. Tons of hatred for lgbt people.

bubblegum

Nebulae
yeah thats like exactly what i was saying??

yes im agreeing with you :grinning:
[doublepost=1576336031][/doublepost]
yeah thats like exactly what i was saying??

i live in nevada now a state thats really accpeting towards lgbt people, even trans people which is rare. you can get a third gender on your license which is awesome. sad that most of america is lgbt-phobic.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Because you don't understand what I'm saying regardless of how I put it

Agree to disagree, can't get through to you

We don't even have to disagree when we've been saying the same thing but I'm in favour of being a bit more open

If I was a father I'd be so grateful if my children trusted me with personal things, that's about it

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i ingest the bone hurting juice and i become a god of dance, cigarettes and 70's/80's post-punk/obscure synth/industrial rave music

help

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
i ingest the bone hurting juice and i become a god of dance, cigarettes and 70's/80's post-punk/obscure synth/industrial rave music

help
doesn't sound like you need any help if ill be honest
[doublepost=1576366333][/doublepost]
please i am trying to quit the baccy i can't do this
haha never fell into that trap, a lot to pay for very little payoff

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
doesn't sound like you need any help if ill be honest
[doublepost=1576366333][/doublepost]
haha never fell into that trap, a lot to pay for very little payoff
i talk too much shite when out, it's terrible

like, not in a bad way, i just talk to everyone and do whatever i want and its not always good day after

been 2 weeks since me last fag but i can hear them calling me - restricted myself to nights out only now, and it's working