Serious LGBT Thread

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
the fish are dead, postal. your shit bait killed them.

well realistically yeah? no heterosexual person has been lobotomised and castrated because of who they love, no heterosexual person has to face a genuine fear of being kicked out their home because of who they love. its ludicrous to suggest that heterosexual discrimination is even slightly on par with lgbt discrimination
Agreed all the way, but I ask again -- does it mean LGBT+ people should be able to discriminate heteros? Doesn't seem very equal to me, on par or not, it's actually quite hypocritical.

I mean, why would you even say something like what I quoted? It's toxic and serves no purpose. It's an epic funny moment if it was ironic, but y'know

Reactions: List

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
OK cracker
EFeLgeF.jpg

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
It’s pertinent to some social circles and some nots. If you call a gay dude gay 95% don’t care and the other 5% will, cause it’s usually used in a mocking manner and it’s not really... ‘funny’? They have to hear it a lot casually in school settings or even work; casually. People don’t really mean anything by it except explicit homophobes like “hey man you see that fag rally”

Like I can’t be fucked but if a friend of mine is offended I’ll be a cunt to the guy who instigated it and called them gay

I use the word gay around straight friends and gay friends cause most don’t care but I don’t mind adjusting for other friends, it gets repetitive when you are the ‘gay beaner’ though lol but I live with it no issue

It just depends on your circle?

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
I think there are extremists on both sides (Ala La goblina) but either way we're both on the same patch of soil may as well get along
[doublepost=1578933803][/doublepost]

no?

shut the fuck up
[doublepost=1578998182][/doublepost]
words only have power if you give them power

dumbest take of the year

“lol don’t be offended” easier said than done

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
Agreed all the way, but I ask again -- does it mean LGBT+ people should be able to discriminate heteros? Doesn't seem very equal to me, on par or not, it's actually quite hypocritical.

I mean, why would you even say something like what I quoted? It's toxic and serves no purpose. It's an epic funny moment if it was ironic, but y'know

to really discriminate you need power. Generally LGBT people don’t have that much power to discriminate against hetero cis people. Prejudice does not mean discrimination.

Generally this is the case there will be exceptions
[doublepost=1578998390][/doublepost]
not really though

Blaming the victim of harassment is a bad take.

You are an extremist when it comes to stuff like this

What stuff? If you mean politics nooo I’m not lol. If you mean LGBT related views not at all either.

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
to really discriminate you need power. Generally LGBT people don’t have that much power to discriminate against hetero cis people. Prejudice does not mean discrimination.
Less power than you think. My pal when he was younger was literally bullied into being gay by gays. non-hetero can discriminate, and hetero can discriminate more easily because they are majority. Although the majority doesn't discriminate (as far as I know and would like to think, correct if wrong)
My whole point is that @Whilt generalized straight people as intolerant of other sexualities
What stuff
I'm stuff

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
we're not
but it really isnt hard to just not care about it
i dont
Gotta admit that I can imagine coming out as something very brave and a very scary thing to do if you were constantly exposed to homophobic shit as you grew up. Big up to those who accepted themselves as who they are despite people discriminating them to not be different

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
All makes sense now. I remember when I was four and my parents were sent to the glitter mines. I worked the rainbow fields.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Generally this is the case there will be exceptions
[doublepost=1578998390][/doublepost]

Blaming the victim of harassment is a bad take.

What stuff? If you mean politics nooo I’m not lol. If you mean LGBT related views not at all either.

You just tend to come across as aggressive at any view that might not seem fully LGBT accepting

Do I hate homosexuals? Nah they're cool people
Do I hate individual homosexuals for other reasons? Yes some of them are kind of cunts

It just feels that you can have an opinion about actual LGBT in this thread if it's not 100% supportive of LGBT
[doublepost=1578999506][/doublepost]
All makes sense now. I remember when I was four and my parents were sent to the glitter mines. I worked the rainbow fields.

You ain't coming out til you got 4 bags of cupcakes, son

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
there is no mass hetero-discrimination that gets you kicked out of school, stoned, thrown off a roof or fired from your job

at worst my first one and my last one, kicked out of school or fired will happen if you say something really obnoxious like 'fucking faggots, really hate them moseying around rallies and shit' but most schools don't give a shit on one-off occasions you'll at best get a referral
[doublepost=1578999584][/doublepost]
It just feels that you can have an opinion about actual LGBT in this thread if it's not 100% supportive of LGBT

well yeah it's an lgbt thread not a 'is lgbt obnoxious'

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
there is no mass hetero-discrimination that gets you kicked out of school, stoned, thrown off a roof or fired from your job

at worst my first one and my last one, kicked out of school or fired will happen if you say something really obnoxious like 'fucking faggots, really hate them moseying around rallies and shit' but most schools don't give a shit on one-off occasions you'll at best get a referral
[doublepost=1578999584][/doublepost]

well yeah it's an lgbt thread not a 'is lgbt obnoxious'
No one said LGBT is obnoxious. This thread would be mega retarded if it was just to praise LGBT people.