Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
yea

i jus don’t know what to do anymore really

i was banking on doing well
i didn’t

whoops
It really isn't the end of the world mate, chin up. As Evil said, plenty of people are doing well for themselves without that extra grade or education. Most of my mates are racking up student debt and the furthest they've travelled is to the local pub and back to spend hundreds of pounds on booze on top of their student debt that they're going to be paying off for the rest of their lives.

Meanwhile I failed all my science GCSEs only getting 7 in total, got one C grade A-Level in photography and less for the other two, and didn't go to uni, but I've got enough to buy my dream motorbike, comfortably rent a place if I was going to rent, run and maintain a car all whilst travelling the world and getting paid to do it. My Dad passed school with 3 GCSEs and ZERO other qualifications but owned his own business and worked for the police as a detective (which I'm sure relates to what you want to do from seeing your subjects), retiring in 2 years with a massive pension payout.

Grades aren't everything. Experience is. It sounds like bullshit but unless you're going for an academic job (i.e accountant, auditor) the company will be less interested in grades and more interested in prior experience. Who would they rather hire in a customer service role; someone who went to Oxford but hasn't worked a day in their life and has no idea how to deal with customers and colleagues, or a person who has a decent 3+ years in a previous role relating to the one they're applying for?

As I said, chin up. You're more than your grades.

Reactions: List

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
image0.jpg

An accurate depiction of my liver speaking to my brain come Sunday morning

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Dudes life's hard.

I don't open up to people, I find it extremely difficult and have only told people kind of recently about fucking massive life events that I've gone through.
One of those people that are just bloody riddled with anxiety, and it freezes me into place. I want to go for walks but don't have the motivation, want to do my uni work but don't have the motivation. Feels like a bunch of shit has been piling up on me for weeks and weeks without me fully realizing it and now I'm just all sorts of messed up again.

Idk, I just needed to put this somewhere. I got a few people I can open up to quite wholeheartedly but, if anyone has motivation suggestions, it'd be really great. I want to be able to leave the house again, it's so hard when I'm in states like this but then I'm swamped with work so I don't end up being able to when I finally get around to hyping myself up with it. It's my own damn fault really, but I've just put myself in a loop of bullshit, architect of my own hell style

A. Vaher

I make events of varying quality
HL2 RP Administrator
Premium Member
Nebulae
Existing is difficult because I have conflicting thoughts about certain things, mostly because it's been drilled into my head since I was young that, 'Ok child this is bad do not do,' and then I don't know what to do, not because it goes against my beliefs or whatever, but because I'm afraid of the things people think and say. Sometimes I have small breakdowns and just can't deal with it, and people tell me, 'Don't worry what people think, they can go to hell,' but it's nowhere near as simple as that. It's hard to explain it fully but I think it makes sense. It's also hard about depression, because what if you're not really depressed? What if I just keep having bad days, or something. I hate talking about stuff like this because it always makes me feel worse about it afterwards because of how people react to it. What's worse is that I absolutely hate my real-life 'friends'. It's hard to have friends that are directly against your moral beliefs, who would probably ostracize you if you tried to talk about it. It isn't very fun.
A smaller problem is that there's always, ALWAYS no-one else who shares my interests, like Chess or music or something and it sucks. Sure, I could just go online and find some random person but there's no fun in just posting, 'soad is gud,' and having people reply yes and no or scream or whatever. It's impersonal, and has no value.
i am sorry to waste valuable thread space by complaining about my problems but oh well

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
"It's not normal you haven't left the house in a year"
Published March 2021

Actually, I think most of the world has that label right about now.......

i was just on a 4 hour bike ride through beautiful trees and past the lake and ocean with my best bud.

remember, whatever country you live in, its God's country and you should enjoy it as much as possible.

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i was just on a 4 hour bike ride through beautiful trees and past the lake and ocean with my best bud.

remember, whatever country you live in, its God's country and you should enjoy it as much as possible.
Easy for you to say Mr entire country who isn’t just a tiny city and that’s it who had very reatrictive covid laws but it’s now actually very enjoying being in the UK for university because of the actual access to nature.... man

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
@Mute i read what you wrote before you snipped it i can cut this out too if you'd rather prefer it just give me a dumb rating or whatever and i'll snip

getting routined and disciplined for studying, completing projects, honing skills and such is an awkward thing a lot of people (including me) struggled with towards the end of hs and getting into uni and such. It's probably THE hardest thing about getting into the new life where you meet and compete with a lot of smart people and you struggle to keep up in a new environment where you're expected to perform. Some people just have a natural talent for good routines and putting in work easily and some people are just naturally talented and interested enough in what they do to spend very little effort on it, but most people aren't that way, at least not with everything. Facing that fact going into competitive and hard things like further education is a very hard thing to do and will take some time to process and come out on top of, but you will never get anywhere without facing it.

Obviously I won't pretend like I know and can relate to all the specifics of your case, but I think it's important to know that having a hard time with these things that come after hs is a common but silent struggle for a lot of people, including a lot of people you might know or know of that seem like they have everything locked down and are sailing smooth. Realizing and internalizing that there's not necessarily something wrong with you (and that you're not stupid or "just not intelligent enough" or whatever) just for struggling with those types of issues is almost always the first step toward building habits and an understanding for how you tick and how you can make yourself work and excel in your own personal way.

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Apparently, I may have hypothyroidism. My values are pretty high, so my doc is sending me to get a checkup in the hospital. He may prescribe me iodine then.

I'm honestly happy, especially since I thought it could be worse. This could potentially solve years worth of problems, which would be worth more than gold to me.

For the time being, I got Vitamin D to take and folic acid pills to take.

Sent my deets to the clinic today, hoping on god I get an appointment ASAP. Hopefully I can bring those values up before July: I got an important firefighting exam then and I need to be in form. Let's hope : D

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Wellness check time!

Let me know how you’re all doing, how your days have been in general. Good to keep this thing at least on the first page if people need it

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
life good
i do good things
irs sent me two checks, i use one for valve index and buy a car with the other for cheap
life good
i run up and down street for exercise
life good. it fun.
i buy plane ticket to japan a year from now soon. tourist spots are lame. being able to hop on a train or bus and go anywhere in the country at any point is rad
i go to random villages on the coast that nobody talks about and do stuff there instead of go to akiba or tokyo because those places are not cool
i also bought an e-amusement card. it will come in handy over the years.