Metro Exodus

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
but it feels like the writers have fallen and the world dosen't feel alive
The fact that the entire world or even region isn't fucked kinda ruins the previous games in my opinion

It means them staying in the metro was an entire waste of fucking time

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
having been put on the surface right at the start of the game kinda ruined the game for me

i expected it to be a new character and not Artyom, I wanted to work my way up to the surface

but this is just open map rather than open world

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Why does every game have to be open world these days anyway

Feels like I'm tripping over open world games, is it because of games like Dark Souls and it's interconnected worlds being a success or is it something else

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This spider level has got me fucked up. I hate spiders and I'm too scared to play the level. Help

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
This spider level has got me fucked up. I hate spiders and I'm too scared to play the level. Help
I was fucking squirming in my seat when I played it

I hate spiders, specially when they crawl over your mask and arm

DoubleD

String
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I was fucking squirming in my seat when I played it

I hate spiders, specially when they crawl over your mask and arm
EXACTLY. The dev who thought that shit was a good idea should be fired >:(

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
EXACTLY. The dev who thought that shit was a good idea should be fired :mad:
tfw your battery runs out and the fire wont stop the spider

CRANK IT CRANK IT CRANK IT CRANK IT

CRANK THAT SHIT YOU FUCKING RUSSIAN

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The fact that the entire world or even region isn't fucked kinda ruins the previous games in my opinion

while i get the whole 'Hansa are the watchers' thing was a whole lie, the whole affair ruined the moments of metro 2033 where you heard the Reich officers discussing it, only to find metro 2 abandoned and infested

there is no nuance to the story, everything related to exposition isn't relayed through guard dialogue from the old games, it's only through your wife and miller that you learn the world

and further while i understand progression and such, it is surprising the transition between 2033, last light and exodus, after playing through parts of all of them, it's clear different people have worked on the same characters, spoiling the recipe

2033 miller is a gungho warrior colonel who tells polis to fuck themselves because he knows whats up
you and him go to the surface and kick some ass and its pretty cool, it's clear you become great buds and Miller has respect for you

in last light it's like Miller had a memory wipe, he sends his daughter with you, who, surprise surprise, fucks it up
but its okay, the story ends with Miller getting his legs blown off, okay, fair, he's now the head guard of polis station, armchair general, literally

but oh no in exodus he has fucking skeleton legs and boots, somehow, despite being in a post apocolypse scenario

even worse, the character just isn't the same, miller in 2033 and last light is a partial pragmatist, if its hostile you kill it, blablabla
but according to himself in exodus, after he was 'briefed' by the 'watchers' who never really were military, he drops all his shit and believes them to the T

broken character progression out of one of my favourties in 2033

CameronSquida

Proton
Nebulae
I expected spawning in the metro, and then exploring older tunnels which are classed as LETHAL AS SHIT then finding the aurora, but no, spawn in, kill some things, get beaten up, and drank some spartan blood

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
not sure because i havent re-completed last light fully yet, but were all the goons at the start of exodus introduced in last light including us marine sam hyde

CameronSquida

Proton
Nebulae
The game was fun, the collectors edition was better, but still feel like Artyon got shat on

i expected after the final city we'd be back on the train and continuing the adventure, but no, WE FIND CURE, WE FOUND MAPS OMFG, WE DRIVE TO DIS PLACE AND FUCKING BURY PEOPLE ON HILL EKS DE.
[doublepost=1550792596][/doublepost]
not sure because i havent re-completed last light fully yet, but were all the goons at the start of exodus introduced in last light including us marine sam hyde

Sam is a bae, and this is no spoiler so fuck u <3

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
its so dumb how they go "haha, we have been blocking radio signal for many time..."

yet in lastlight they get a fucking signal from london and saint petersburg

CameronSquida

Proton
Nebulae
its so dumb how they go "haha, we have been blocking radio signal for many time..."

yet in lastlight they get a fucking signal from london and saint petersburg
Apparantly, the only reason they heard it was because there was small outages of power and shizzle at the signal blockers, which tbh, its the apocalypse, makes sense rly

Nebulae
it feels like this shouldn't really even be a metro game, it seems like someones grabbed a bunch of main characters and thrown them out on a red dead 2 style adventure

to be fair the metro sees much better than whatever shithole they are going to end up in
But you're aware that it's continuation of Metro 2035, which ends up in Artem and Anya leaving the metro?

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae

that’s kind of the literal entire point though, of course it was a waste of time, but it was out of their control

doesn’t ruin it much for me, overall I’m surprisingly satisfied, having gone into it expecting a lot less Metro out of Metro

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
im going to find and kill the person who made the spider level

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
im going to find and kill the person who made the spider level
it freaked me the hell out too but honestly the game wouldn’t be the same without it

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
it freaked me the hell out too but honestly the game wouldn’t be the same without it
tokarev is a fucking life saver if i hadn't have got those things i wouldn't be able to do it