[doublepost=1593021261][/doublepost]
4kC3tSu.png

[doublepost=1593021281][/doublepost]
8WbAUuS.png
OAOOOOOaahOOhhhoooooaaAAAAOOAAAA

metropaun

hass ist keine emotion sondern ein zustand
Nebulae
Patch notes say they centered it above the head instead of over the right shoulder

it looks better to me, i can see more of the fight now
but i gotta relearn throwing items in TP now since i play without crosshair and they moved it up by like 39182918 meters

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm just glad we got more mail armor that isn't just "basic bitch" or "geralt of rivia"

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
The update came with plenty of Quality of Life changes that were definitely needed. Especially adjustments for certain spawns on certain maps

40vs40 is a cluster fuck, but also pretty fun at the same time. So long as the server doesn't die (and you actually get into a match)

Polehammer is my new favourite weapon. Flesh wound is now actually viable to use again since you don't get 0 stamina once it activates.

The new 100,000 helmet with the overly fancy Ornaments makes for some epic Bretonnian Grail Knight or Khorn Berserker cosplay. All in all, a decent update. I just wish the Zweihander got reworked because as it stands, it's easily outclassed by other weapons within it's size/price range

Reactions: List

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
i sold my csgo items to buy mordhau

tips? mandatory AMA aswell

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae

main tips I have are:
  • Don't panic block. it's an obvious one but needs to be said anyway. the enemy hasn't actually started a swing until you hear them make a grunting noise
  • If they keep feinting to bait you into blocking, remember you can kick them. Kick+stab is a great way to punish that behavior (slashing takes too long)
  • If you can learn to chamber things, and maybe throw in a morph, you can trip up most frontliners/invaders pretty easily. Chambering is when you mirror the enemy attack just before it hits you, e.g. just before an enemy stab lands, instead of blocking you also perform a stab. Morph would be to click to turn your stab into a slash before the stab completes.
  • Drags and accels are super important. When you start a swing or stab, your sensitivity is locked at a constant number that isn't affected by DPI or anything. as you swing, you can rotate your view in the same direction as your attack to accel, or rotate in the opposite direction to drag and make the hit take longer to land. e.g., I start a swing going from right-to-left, and I move my mouse to the right slowly, this would drag my swing.
  • On the topic of drags and accels, don't try to move your mouse super fast, it won't make a difference and you'll run out of mouse pad/desk space probably.
  • Try not to let yourself get bullied. By this I mean don't wait for people to start swings to do something yourself, because if you're only playing defensively you'll probably end up hitting your block button a lot and make yourself susceptible to faster weapons, which will let them attack again before your block cooldown is up. Sometimes it's good to just keep attacking and not let your enemy think.
  • Footwork! Don't run directly into enemies if you can. Most people are dumb and expect you to fight in a straight line of you or them backing up or moving forward, don't be shy and be annoying by moving left and right or trying to circle around them; as they're swinging a heavy weapon or something, lots of new players won't try to follow you with their weapon so you can just walk out of the way and hit them before they recover.

metropaun

hass ist keine emotion sondern ein zustand
Nebulae

dont feel bad for using a shield/bows, they're in the game so feel free to use them.

chambers is a soft counter to feints and morphs, if you notice someone doing either of the two alot don't be afraid to just go for a stab or slash.
speaking of chambers, don't rely on them. Parries are better since they give you riposte + hyperarmor and unflinchable attacks for the duration.

its also a perfectly fine thing to just get a long weapon and stab while standing behind teammates, as long as you don't hit them that is.

the game is hard, the skill ceiling is incredibly high and people won't go easy on you most of the time. Don't get discouraged and keep trying. If you need a group to play with i'm sure people that still look at this thread would be glad to que up together to help you out/protect you if you happen to get overwhelmed much