#MoreThanARefugee like/dislike counter

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 19

The thing is - in conflicts like this, the "legal" power of the country tends to do anything in it's power to get the resulting refugee as far away as possible, because they bring chaos and disruption anywhere they go.

The only fucking reason I'm still here, living under the rule of a violent Far Cry esque dictator, fearful of getting executed in case my sexuality is found out by anyone IRL, JUST because we could not endure living as refugees in Ukraine. They didn't want us. They didn't give us anything. We sought employment or some basic help - only to be greeted with passive-agressive remarks and never-ending paperwork.

The pro-democracy rebels GOT help. And if every rebel thought like you did, then Syria would be a democratic country. Sadly they don't.

I feel bad for you in your situation, but the majority of people in your country don't want democracy, and the now 5 year civil war has proved that.

Okay, so you compared the current war to the war of Independence. A war where they litterally had NO OTHER CHOICE THEN TO FIGHT and shot at the British from cover while the British followed the procedure of an actual battle. You won your independence because you were a fucking mess of farmers who didn't KNOW Military procedures. They used muskets, not automatic rifles, drones, or trucks with machineguns. Hell, you didn't even technically win, the British left because it was too much of a hassle lmao.

Modern day technology makes guerilla tactics easier.

And no, there were plenty of battles where the British and the Americans fought out in open plains.

But it was sure Ironic when you couldn't win the vietnam war because they used guerilla tactics against you?? I guess war is harder then you thought..

If the USA wanted to, they could have surged a million troops in Vietnam and took over. But they couldn't, or that'd start a war against China, meaning world war three.

Listen Revan, your not gonna be in Red Dawn if you get invaded, your gonna be in a controlled town, or in some ruins, fearing for your life. I just feel like your seriously misinformed and it saddens me someone could be so ignorant to people generally just trying to stay alive.

America isn't Europe.

The dynamics over here are completely different. I used to know so many people in school who owned or their family owned firearms. There are a shitload of patriotic Americans who'd give their lives for this country.

It's a three sided civil war and everybody believes their side is freedom idiot

What does that have to do with what I'm saying?

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
The pro-democracy rebels GOT help. And if every rebel thought like you did, then Syria would be a democratic country. Sadly they don't.

I feel bad for you in your situation, but the majority of people in your country don't want democracy, and the now 5 year civil war has proved that.

And no, there were plenty of battles where the British and the Americans fought out in open plains.

If the USA wanted to, they could have surged a million troops in Vietnam and took over. But they couldn't, or that'd start a war against China, meaning world war three.

America isn't Europe.

The dynamics over here are completely different. I used to know so many people in school who owned or their family owned firearms. There are a shitload of patriotic Americans who'd give their lives for this country.

do you happen to get all you information off infowars and /pol/? I don't see get you or what your saying

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
America isn't Europe.

Red Dawn is set in America though? I don't see how the different continents differ whatsoever.

You're right, it is easier.

One problem - they don't have guns dude. The Mafia are more interested on importing fidget spinners into Ukraine not fucking guns.

You stupid, the US goverment was already surging in the MAJORITY of the US Army, including the Aviation branch carrying out Napalm strikes (Which killed a lot of Civilians caught up in the conflict)

The US physically couldn't AFFORD TO SEND ANYMORE MEN IN. (Unless you send in Mohammed, aged 8)

Reactions: List

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
[Citation needed] because that is fucking retarded.

Modern day tech makes it harder.

Thermals, tracking devices, GPS, data tracking.

It's /harder than ever/.

How do you ambush a foe that can predict your movements, how do you fight irregularly and successfully against an F/A 18 jet?

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae

are you dumb

no

like really revan

but the majority of people in your country don't want democracy
theEE PEOplE wanted democracy. fucking hell over 200 ppl died for the sole sake of it back then.

but the entirety of ukraine got fucked over because back during 2013's revolution the oligarchy / company owners decided to hype the thing up and get in the lead of things, resulting in them basically owning the country now, rendering it even more poor and corrupt, and with the
oligarchy's order maintained with help of radicalized ultraright / neo-nazi / nationalistic organizations

the sole fucking reason why the war started was because a bunch of gopniks / lowlives in my region (donbass is the name) got upset with european values and russia decided to lowkey send em ak's to help them gain some form of power. the conflict is forcefully kept in a cold-war-like state.

nd the now 5 year civil war has proved that.
first of all

it's only been 3 years. it started in mid-2014.

second of all
no.
it's a proof of russia's manipulative nature,
lack of worthy candidates and leaders in the ukrainian political scene
and
the problematic aspects of post-soviet mentality.

do

some fucking

research

D

Deleted member 19

Red Dawn is set in America though? I don't see how the different continents differ whatsoever.

Red Dawn is a fuckin' movie dude!

You're right, it is easier.

One problem - they don't have guns dude. The Mafia are more interested on importing fidget spinners into Ukraine not fucking guns.

The rebels do have a shitload of guns and gear from the U.S.

You stupid, the US goverment was already surging in the MAJORITY of the US Army, including the Aviation branch carrying out Napalm strikes (Which killed a lot of Civilians caught up in the conflict)

The US physically couldn't AFFORD TO SEND ANYMORE MEN IN. (Unless you send in Mohammed, aged 8)

Vietnam was a repeat of Korea, if we had actually launched WW2 style advances into East Asia with American, NATO, and pro-democracy Asian countries, it'd of been WW3.

[Citation needed] because that is fucking retarded.

Modern day tech makes it harder.

Thermals, tracking devices, GPS, data tracking.

It's /harder than ever/.

Guerillas can get that sort of technology too, especially in the context of the civil war.

theEE PEOplE wanted democracy but the entirety of ukraine got fucked over because back during 2013's revolution the oligarchy / company owners decided to hype the thing up and get in the lead of things, resulting in them basically owning the country now, rendering it even more poor and corrupt

the sole fucking reason why the war started was because a bunch of gopniks / lowlives in my region (donbass is the name) got upset with european values and russia decided to lowkey send em ak's to help them gain some form of power. the conflict is forcefully kept in a cold-war-like state.

Fam. I'm talking about fucking SYRRRRIIIA not UKKKRAAAIIINE.

first of all

it's only been 3 years. it started in mid-2014.

second of all
no.
it's a proof of russia's manipulative nature,
lack of worthy candidates and leaders in the ukrainian political scene
and
the problematic aspects of post-soviet mentality.

do

some fucking

research

Again stupid, this conversation is about fucking SYYYRRIIIA.

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae

Vietnam was a repeat of Korea, if we had actually launched WW2 style advances into East Asia with American, NATO, and pro-democracy Asian countries, it'd of been WW3.

Guerillas can get that sort of technology too, especially in the context of the civil war.

Fam. I'm talking about fucking SYRRRRIIIA not UKKKRAAAIIINE.

Again stupid, this conversation is about fucking SYYYRRIIIA.
im pretty sure your talking out of your ass, i dont think you would have like any idea about the shit your talking and are just going off shit you read

D

Deleted member 19

well you didn't really phrase it that way

Why the fuck would you walk into a discussion about the Syrian civil war and start talking about the Ukrainian civil war?
[doublepost=1498069459][/doublepost]
im pretty sure your talking out of your ass, i dont think you would have like any idea about the shit your talking and are just going off shit you read

How about instead of shit talking my posts you actually respond to them?

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
Why the fuck would you walk into a discussion about the Syrian civil war and start talking about the Ukrainian civil war?
Because this discussion is largely about Refugees in general. It doesn't exactly state that it's about Syria in particular.

And even if it is, I tried giving some insight into what living in a war zone is actually like. People there are still people.
[doublepost=1498069564][/doublepost]
I have a completely different view of the Ukrainian situation.
Sure, I'm all ears.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

lmao

Yeah I'm sure the majority of the 45 million people in Ukraine (The people who have been protesting corruption in the government ever since the country's independence from the Sovies in the 90s) don't want democracy.

Look at Libya.

Yeah because the Libyan people totally did the thing by themselves.

They totally didn't have help from NATO bombing the fuck out of the loyalist forces or anything.

Oh, and they're totally not in another civil war right now because Gadaffi had been the pillar of stability for 40 years and the new government collapsed in on it self due to lack of outside help post-Gadaffi take down.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

is it??? oh my god

March 15, 2011 - This is when the war started in Syria

Well cowboy, y'know when America started arming Kurdish forces?

LAST. FUCKING. MONTH. - And it's not for the good of Syria, it's because they're getting a 300$ Million arms deal out of it.

Don't fucking kid yourself, you lost to farmers because they were so determined to repel the invaders. You felt like you had claim in Vietnam and got your asses served to you by Rice farmers.

Stop while you're ahead, please.

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
wojak_00.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg

you know nothing of warfare, i read the art of war i know how these wars would play i, you would not, simple

you claim all this shit but like, how do you know?

Elizabeth

Lamb of Columbia
Nebulae

If you're going to post a link, at least try to make sure it's an official academic source. Pretty sure FP isn't academic. I might as well just slap down a BBC or Sky News article and say, here you go to be honest. Sure it might be on the News article, but pay attention and check the creditably of the references they use.

Then your just PROVING my point. We've given them so much money and assistance and yet they throw it in our face to go on Jihad. It's a lost cause.

Yes, the States have threw a lot of money in training militia groups against terrorist organisations or dictators, but in the end, it's quite common, specially for that area of the world, once you get rid of a dictator, without proper procedure, the 'democratic' leader, will often be on-par or worse than their predecessor. Look at Libya now after that war. There was quite a few factions fighting for 'freedom' at the war, now that its over, its all just splinter-factions who fight against each other for power. You'll never have democracy in those systems because of the entire political system in those countries and areas ever since the European powers dissolved their overseas colonies in those areas and/or given them their own governmental system. It's why the Arab World armies are weak compared to the West as the leaders fear the generals will overthrow the government, like they've done for generations and centuries. That's why they don't get much power.

Yeah, they did just have primitive firearms, but they were also outnumbered by a vast and highly trained fighting force, the greatest in the world. Yet they managed to pull it off and win.

Plus, comparing the War of Independence compared to Syria is just, really dumb. It took an average of 8-12 months, give or take to get reinforcements to the States from the Britain and their colonies, so you can't really compare Syria to the WOI. It's not hard to fight against an open, standard way-of-life combat than they did then and fight them in a forest or urban area, a different tactic to what they're trained/used to. It wouldn't work for the army as they weren't standard like that. Just like in Teutoburg Forest, a professional open field army fighting in guerrilla tactics, of course they'd lose as they're at the weakest with little to zero experience in those conditions compared to an army that are brutally fanatic with an extreme hatred towards their enemy.

And as I recall correctly, each, if not without French assistance the Americans lost most battles. They won majority via guerrilla and French means. Without French assistance, the Americans would never of won the war, at all.

While correct, the lack of support for the war from their own soldiers and civilians alike wouldn't of made it happen. In truth and theory, America could've just blow Vietnam into a crater. However, it's pretty well known if the population and enemy don't want to be conquered and they have extreme hatred towards the enemy, they aren't going to surrender and they'll do any means necessary in order to free or fight back.

Last edited:

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
When everybody has a different vision of the future of their country and three sides are trying to impose theirs it's much harder

If you lived in a place like Syria or Ukraine guaranteed you'd be bending over and getting dicked like 90% of the others

Status
Not open for further replies.