Reactions: List

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
Upgrading to SV650A,
pic related the bike im buying

NY3OwRB.jpg

7gJCgAE.jpg
lovely bike, i did my a2 license on the gladius, practically identical, but yeah, really nice and smooth for what they are, and they're real workhorses

i've got my next bike lined up, and i'm just stunned by how affordable it actually is, it's the 2010 KTM RC8R, easily get one for around 7k, and the insurance, bearing in mind i did it with my current details, so one year's no claims bonus, it comes out around 200 a month, which is what i'm paying roughly for the R3 at the moment

it's so different and weird, i love it
products-rc8r_2010.jpg

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
Jap bikes tend to be very reliable, and because motorcycles are huge over there, mass production means that parts are very easy to come across, even for an earlier model of your particular bike

by cross i assume you mean motocross. i'm not way an expert, but i don't think suzuki does a motocross bike, and if they do, not hearing of it might show you how trustworthy it is. honda is an incredibly trustworthy and reliable dirtbike producer by the sounds of things, and their flagship dirtbikes, the crf range, and unrivaled in comparison. at a close second, it might be worth looking into KTM too. they've perfected their engines for the torque and drive that dirt bikes really need. plus, being european, it'll be easier to come across parts.

Honda CRF450
maxresdefault.jpg

KTM 450 SX-F
maxresdefault.jpg

bear in mind, these will also come with lower power variants, just so you can get a better feel. end of the day, you don't pass your driving test and buy a lamborghini, you wouldn't pass your motorbike test and go out to buy a litre bike
You think a Yamaha DT 50 is good?
It's pretty much something I can legally drive on roads(wit a license).
It usually goes half the price for a CRF450.
Kinda fits the types of roads I usually drive my bike on.
ge_1WUl8PBpe3NYvwrIiFvi9KmLx79-Cht1TnTzc1AvXNF0upGzRHiy2aTeEWVOXigBptHFhQ1MYcDXm2b437K3iFtyB_4BC9Sr44Hla3x-AeuAiSznMsCwF7NbvTA-uBP-YO_WMbXb-Qq2TVxzU7XOfltsKoMm-hGzWiQ

Yamaha DT 50 R

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
You think a Yamaha DT 50 is good?
It's pretty much something I can legally drive on roads(wit a license).
It usually goes half the price for a CRF450.
Kinda fits the types of roads I usually drive my bike on.
ge_1WUl8PBpe3NYvwrIiFvi9KmLx79-Cht1TnTzc1AvXNF0upGzRHiy2aTeEWVOXigBptHFhQ1MYcDXm2b437K3iFtyB_4BC9Sr44Hla3x-AeuAiSznMsCwF7NbvTA-uBP-YO_WMbXb-Qq2TVxzU7XOfltsKoMm-hGzWiQ

Yamaha DT 50 R
end of the day, get the bike you want to get, don't let someone else decide it for you

if possible, do a test ride to see how it feels, and get a good idea of what you want, it's no harm to the dealer if you wanna take it for a test ride before buying

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
broke: getting a motorbike
woke: getting an electric bicycle that goes up to 33kmh that lets you go on trails, the road, and the sidewalk, giving you access to all paved ways.

y'all jealous when i hop off the trail onto the road's bike lane, catch a green, hop off across the street, smakk dat crosswalk button and blast it back on the next trail without even using a pedal.

i used to shit on electric bikes until i realized they're incredibly based.

this is now an alpha electric bicycle thread

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
woke: getting an electric bicycle that goes up to 33kmh that lets you go on trails, the road, and the sidewalk, giving you access to all paved ways.

y'all jealous when i hop off the trail onto the road's bike lane, catch a green, hop off across the street, smakk dat crosswalk button and blast it back on the next trail without even using a pedal.

i have an electric bike i bought it second hand off my uncle and now go to work on it

one gear fear though inclines are the bane of my existence from a standstill because the motor doesn't kick on until you're pedaling a bit

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
i have an electric bike i bought it second hand off my uncle and now go to work on it

one gear fear though inclines are the bane of my existence from a standstill because the motor doesn't kick on until you're pedaling a bit
mine has a thumb throttle, i just blast it while smoking my vape or browsing forums on my phone.

i look like an absolute lazy asshole, but i love it

Daniels

Proton
Nebulae

All fun and games til some bitch 30 kilometers away from you wants to fuck.

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
Are there any like very cheap motorbikes in England or any other country?
In poland there are old Commie time motors.
They sometimes go as low as 61 pounds.

Daniels

Proton
Nebulae
Are there any like very cheap motorbikes in England or any other country?
In poland there are old Commie time motors.
They sometimes go as low as 61 pounds.
What license do you have?

Also buying cheap old motorcycles is a shitty idea as they're either not gonna run at all or break on you after a day or two.

Strixz

The real OG
Nebulae
What license do you have?

Also buying cheap old motorcycles is a shitty idea as they're either not gonna run at all or break on you after a day or two.
Just get a 2 stroke bro. You can rip those fuckers apart with your bare hands and repair them with piss, glue and a bit of duct tape

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
Grats on the 2020 yamaha r3, Thats my go-to bike in 1 year, How does it feel riding it?
pretty much everything you could ask for on your restricted license if you're going for a sportsbike

all around really good; solid power delivery throughout, good low end torque and revs up to around 12-13k so you can really wring its neck and it won't complain

Only complaint really are the typical Yamaha spongey brakes, which really do let the bike down. Part in reason why i crashed was because the brakes don't bite as much as you'd expect them to, and can feel very inconsistent at times, causing abs to kick in going 30 mph when you don't need it or to not kick in at (LEGAL SPEEDS) when you need it more. I've learnt to not rely on the ABS as much now which you shouldn't be doing anyway because you shouldn't be putting yourself into a position of needing it.

If I wasn't getting rid of the bike in two years, I'd personally opt for braided lines and a more aggressive pad just for the more consistent flow and bite to the brakes. Instead I ordered some made-to-order ASV levers from America which will be coming on the 2nd, I'll post photos when installed, but that's pretty much as far as I'm willing to go in terms of modifications until I have a bike that is my own and not the dealership's.

Standard rubber is decent too. I know a lot of new bikes tend to get leftover tyres that don't last the full mileage or are already worn, but the Dunlop Sportmax really do what they say on the tin. Wouldn't trust them too much in a full lean, I've gotten some squirmage when trying to drag my knee which is unsettling; almost high sided once too from it. Next ones I'm going for will probably be one of the Metzeler Sportec as well as a size up on the rear for the extra contact patch. I've done 4k miles though, pretty much all spirited riding (no chicken strips here) and I've still probably got another 1k in them.

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
pretty much everything you could ask for on your restricted license if you're going for a sportsbike

all around really good; solid power delivery throughout, good low end torque and revs up to around 12-13k so you can really wring its neck and it won't complain

Only complaint really are the typical Yamaha spongey brakes, which really do let the bike down. Part in reason why i crashed was because the brakes don't bite as much as you'd expect them to, and can feel very inconsistent at times, causing abs to kick in going 30 mph when you don't need it or to not kick in at (LEGAL SPEEDS) when you need it more. I've learnt to not rely on the ABS as much now which you shouldn't be doing anyway because you shouldn't be putting yourself into a position of needing it.

If I wasn't getting rid of the bike in two years, I'd personally opt for braided lines and a more aggressive pad just for the more consistent flow and bite to the brakes. Instead I ordered some made-to-order ASV levers from America which will be coming on the 2nd, I'll post photos when installed, but that's pretty much as far as I'm willing to go in terms of modifications until I have a bike that is my own and not the dealership's.

Standard rubber is decent too. I know a lot of new bikes tend to get leftover tyres that don't last the full mileage or are already worn, but the Dunlop Sportmax really do what they say on the tin. Wouldn't trust them too much in a full lean, I've gotten some squirmage when trying to drag my knee which is unsettling; almost high sided once too from it. Next ones I'm going for will probably be one of the Metzeler Sportec as well as a size up on the rear for the extra contact patch. I've done 4k miles though, pretty much all spirited riding (no chicken strips here) and I've still probably got another 1k in them.
Thanks, because in my dealership I looked at the R3 (as im gonna do my A2 soon), read some stuff but wasn't really sure. Im also thinking about the Yamaha MT-07, which can be downgraded to fit A2.

My dream motorcycle is the R6, looks really neat, has nice power but its engine cannot be restrained for A2 or is just above the limit.

Daniels

Proton
Nebulae
Thanks, because in my dealership I looked at the R3 (as im gonna do my A2 soon), read some stuff but wasn't really sure. Im also thinking about the Yamaha MT-07, which can be downgraded to fit A2.

My dream motorcycle is the R6, looks really neat, has nice power but its engine cannot be restrained for A2 or is just above the limit.

Here's my two cents, don't buy restricted bikes unless they're an adventure bike.

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae

idk how strict they are in Germany, but I know a couple of people who have """restricted""" MT-07s here, simply because it is an absolutely fantastic all around naked

if you do get one, the restriction i'd get it the throttle-stopper, as opposed to the ECU limiter. basically, it will stop you opening the throttle the full way, increasing the amount of time it takes to accelerate and get to top speed, therefore restricting it. however with this, the difference is barely noticeable, honestly. with an ECU restriction, they can literally limit pretty much everything on the bike, and make it feel like you're riding a 300.