Motorcycle bros

Revanox

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
there is three motorcycle threads, time to necro this one as its the largest

Just got my delayed christmas present!
nAS0P0W.png

Vanucci RV5 Pro, fit me like a charm and have a lot of safety features which I quite like.

Reactions: List

heaveNN

Neutrino
Nebulae
i had a Sym Maxsym TL 500, not really a motorcycle but let's say it's the same driving license as a motorcycle ;) My first bike was a Fazer 600, I miss it everyday

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
Yea i like motorcycles, hoping for Marquez to make a full comeback this year )

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I have a BMW R1200RT but I've not ridden it in awhile.

I kinda miss riding it, but between poorly maintained roads, more aggro car drivers, and covid shutting stuff down I haven't really felt inclined to ride anywhere. My street became a death trap with all the residual sand left behind from previous winters and they are too lazy to send street sweepers.

Revanox

Nucleus
Nebulae

019-637660989704052523-honda-cbr-500-r.jpg

Cs0X0fu.png

(new Honda CBR500R)

Fuck it how many hours I need to work for this, but I will do it

Im gonna get it, achievable goal, can't resist the temptation, 1k already earned, 6.4k to go

Zeenz

Atom
Premium Member
Nebulae
Im currently working out pro's and con's on bike vs car, so far bike is winning

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
fuel crisis
car costs me 50 quid to fill up when it used to only cost around 35-40
bike still costs under 15 quid to fill and lasts as long as the car does

its a no brainer for me

also paid this bike a visit when I was visiting my brother, super happy with it, but I've got a trackday booked for end of March, so ill see if I enjoy that and might just get a dedicated track bike, we'll see
935ff3f69bcb432a8ba0261c9dd0255d.jpg

Zeenz

Atom
Premium Member
Nebulae
fuel crisis
car costs me 50 quid to fill up when it used to only cost around 35-40
bike still costs under 15 quid to fill and lasts as long as the car does

its a no brainer for me
For me the major con is food shopping, I go the gym + student so I bulk shop but that can be stopped via shopping via deliveries.
Bike = kool and fuel efficient

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
For me the major con is food shopping, I go the gym + student so I bulk shop but that can be stopped via shopping via deliveries.
Bike = kool and fuel efficient
ah see I'm lucky and live quite close to the supermarket so I just buy stuff and even if I do get a lot I just bag it up and walk home its about a mile and a half each way

for you the bike would be good getting home from the gym because the traffic would be bad if you go at normal hours and you can just cut around it all

Zeenz

Atom
Premium Member
Nebulae
ah see I'm lucky and live quite close to the supermarket so I just buy stuff and even if I do get a lot I just bag it up and walk home its about a mile and a half each way

for you the bike would be good getting home from the gym because the traffic would be bad if you go at normal hours and you can just cut around it all
its why I'm also thinking of getting both license anyway down the road so when I do hiking in places like America or other places I can get a rent car

Zeenz

Atom
Premium Member
Nebulae
This is gonna sound stupid but so I decided I’m gonna commit to motorcycle life should I buy protective gear before my first lesson or wait till after the first one, don’t want to be that one guy who shows up dressed like a mall ninja

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
This is gonna sound stupid but so I decided I’m gonna commit to motorcycle life should I buy protective gear before my first lesson or wait till after the first one, don’t want to be that one guy who shows up dressed like a mall ninja
Personally I didn't have any gear when I went for my CBT just because at the time I wasn't sure if I was gonna enjoy it enough to warrant buying all the kit. Most schools (or at least good ones) will give you a jacket, gloves, and a helmet (although some might not be doing that because of covid, I know the school I did mine with had to send home a couple of people doing their CBT when I went for my full license because they didn't have their own helmet)

My advice is don't skimp on gear; mainly the helmet. If you're going to spend a lot of anything, make sure it's that. Arai, Shoei, AGV, Scorpion, and the higher-end HJCs are your best bets for reputable brands. Find your local motorbike shop like Infinity Motorcycles or J&S and try them on, they'll let you. You want to make sure it fits properly, but the people in the shop will help you out and tell you if it fits well

Just ask around and get iin contact with your local school and get yourself on it. It's only a one day course to ride a 125, easy peasy

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i think this is silly
if you have friends, or family
or a date
or anyone that needs a ride other than you
or you need to move houses
or you go get a few pizzas that wont fit in the small compartment on a bike
or anything at all going on in your life where you cant commute by train and bus you probably need a car

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
i think this is silly
or a date
or anything at all going on in your life where you cant commute by train and bus you probably need a car
counter point bikes are cooler

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i think this is silly
or a date
sporty-pull-behind-motorcycle-trailer-going-fast.jpg

Revanox

Nucleus
Nebulae
i think this is silly
or a date
Ehhh a few points are car dependant, on the other hand some ain't
If you need to transport more than one additional family member/friend/loved one then I guess you're screwed, but on the other hand you can still transport a LOT of cargo (Depends on bags for your bike and kind of bike) with my future Honda CBR650R I could probably transport six family sized pizza's.
Moving places is kinda eh? I guess most household items are easy, a PC and monitors are "manageable" with a big box on your backseat, but we all can agree that tables and other furniture is (legally) impossible to transport with a motorcycle.
Commuting in cities like Munich is WAY better with a motorcycle, as with a car it sometimes gets really tight in certain streets making your drive an absolute nightmare (probs comparable to other cities around the world)
A bike, depending on what purpose you bought it for, can save you a lot of fuel costs/maintenance in comparison to cars, insurance I can't easily compare (do that yourself), and most regular even premium bikes (Yamaha, Kawasaki, HONDA CBR500R/F/X, etc.) are more affordable than regular cars (Mercedes, VW, Honda, BMW, etc.)
Commuting with car is more convenient I guess, but a motorcycle just feels different. They both have negatives and positives, and I decided to go with a new motorcycle in the same price category as a used/older car.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
backpacks exist for a reason

but yeah you make a fair amount of valid points, ngl you wouldn't want to drive a road bike on rural roads here, you'd get pancaked by a semi