Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
For some reasons the more I get far into the game, the more bugs I encounter which are all listed in a discussion thread over the forum
Worst part is the fact these are bugs that can't be fought unless patched by the devs

Hm weird, maybe it has to be with the processing of more units? I might not be seeing them cause in my game the western empire got fucked so bad they have no more towns so that means less troops, I assume the more troops in the game map the more bugs maybe? But it's just me guessing, the loading have been pretty fast for me could be my PC. Will have to see if I encounter any major bugs as I get in to it.

GothTrad

Spooky scary skeleton
Nebulae
Hm weird, maybe it has to be with the processing of more units? I might not be seeing them cause in my game the western empire got fucked so bad they have no more towns so that means less troops, I assume the more troops in the game map the more bugs maybe? But it's just me guessing, the loading have been pretty fast for me could be my PC. Will have to see if I encounter any major bugs as I get in to it.
s0wUtJe.jpg

This is what it looks like if you wonder, basically a lot of players are stuck on this UI and after selecting the formation to lead can't move in game
It's like it was not triggering the start option

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So the Western Empire was really weak in my game, so I decided to pick off the strugglers only 1 clan was left, and it was time to destroy it

(In this photo I had already killed 2 of them)
unknown.png

Me executing the last guy

unknown.png

unknown.png

Hippity Hoppity your clan is now my Property the entire Commos clan of the western empire destroyed, and their daughter lost forever, perhaps she will claim revenge in 20 years

unknown.png

Reactions: List

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
How much variety is the content so far because I've been grinding town quests and haven't had the chance to fuck around as a vassal.

GothTrad

Spooky scary skeleton
Nebulae
So if people felt on the bug I kept falling in with the large army battles, here is the temporary fix that worked for me :

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Fair warning that there are a few specific bandit hideouts that don't load and give you an infinite loading screen, I imagine it's due to a specific custom interior. Most of them work.

General performance was great though, I played for eight hours yesterday and I didn't crash a single time - only time the game actually shut off was when I forced it to due to getting stuck in one of those infinite bandit camp loading screens, which I got stuck in again to check if the game had just been running for too long or if it was actually bugged.

Upgraded my PC very recently so everything's rolling on very smooth, loading screens are barely there. The optimisation is questionable however, as I'll regularly sit at a peak of 70 fps and a low of 55 fps where in most other games that also look far better, I'll get a higher count. I've got better hardware than their recommended tab too.

Really like that they removed auto-blocking as an option. Most people could kick ass from level one with that feature, now your playtime also reflects your skill ingame and there's a higher cieling.

The main quest is braindead, it wants you to walk around in circles talking to everyone on the whole map while your little brothers or something are kidnapped by the big bad bandits, by the time you're done talking to all of them, you've got to go around collecting shit. If you manage to complete this dumbass quest, like an ingame year is going to have passed and the people you were going to rescue are probably dead anyway.

Tournaments are actually fun now, you don't get ganged up on by everyone ever in a free-for-all, the AI is massively improved, so your tactics matter as much as your fighting skill. Will say though that after winning about 20 or so tournaments by now, the prices I got back were almost entirely repetetive. First time I got a unique sword called Dawnbreaker, fuck yeah man, Elder Scrolls easter egg, very cool. Or so I thought until I won 7 more Dawnbreakers, my companions are kitted at least.

Here's the tournament horses too. It doesn't seem to be regional what kind of horse you get since I got a camel in Swadia. I usually sell the duplicates, but right now I'm keeping them around for the extra carrying space. Either way it gets old very fast. Was hoping there was going to be some unique armor set or something that you could try your best to complete.
CzG8n7h.png

Piece of advice for any gamer out there struggling with the combat. If you've got a shield, block and press E to shieldbash, you can do it while moving so it's very good smiley face.

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
It's like warband, but bigger and with more features and content, only problem right now is the bugs and occasional crashes, but it's not frequent enough for me to feel put off from playing.

I've heard people call it "Warband HD", which is pretty false. In actuality, the game is more like "Warband HD XXL: Boogaloo Edition", which is pretty much what I paid for and wanted. I wanted Warband with better graphics, bigger battles, better combat, better animations, more features, more people and a larger map. What did I get? Just that.

Can't wait for them to start trickling in new scenery, quests, content, etc into the game.

friendly

god, syria and bashar
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Played for a few hours, here's the verdict

Don't waste your money. Too many game breaking bugs and the game isn't actually that much better than Warband for 40 quid. If you REALLY want the game, it's not a bad game, but it's just not worth 40 quid in it's current state.

Rida

Electron
Nebulae
CFE003246E95D976CF89629EA2A4994BA8F2B61C

6F8F8CB442EECB9F1321B860EE9FD0DFD248CCBA

Today I found out that throwing bombs off the castle walls is the best thing to do.​

tc5670

Quark
Nebulae
Today I found out that throwing bombs off the castle walls is the best thing to do.​

I think i killed about 20 AI with a single bomb when they group up, as they can't seem to work out that the gate needs attacking

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
this game is complete liquid shit compared to just how fucking long people have been waiting

fuck taleworlds all my :heyzeus: hate taleworlds

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
this game is complete liquid shit compared to just how fucking long people have been waiting

fuck taleworlds all my :heyzeus: hate taleworlds
Taleworlds isn't some triple A video game company that can mass produce games. Making a game of this size, completely from scratch, would take ANY company quite a while to produce. Either they released the game now in an unfinished state with bugs or we waited another one-two years for a game that still is likely going to have a plethora of bugs. By releasing the game now in early access they have the opportunity to take player feedback, refine the game, and prepare it for a full release of a game that's going to be bounds greater than Warband

image0.png

and holy shit, definitely was not expecting this

friendly

god, syria and bashar
B A N N E D
Nebulae
By releasing the game now in early access they have the opportunity to take player feedback, refine the game, and prepare it for a full release of a game that's going to be bounds greater than Warband
No, they have the opportunity to take your money

If everyone buys the game now, what incentive is there for them to keep developing the game?