Nebulous, do you believe in an afterlife/god? Why? Why not?

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
When you die I like to think that your soul and your energy goes back into the earth, and you reincarnate.
You obviously won't remember your past life, but the energy that went into creating your life is perpetually existing.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I know there is God, but I don't know if atheists look at religious people's beliefs and cringe like religious people looking at the beliefs of atheists.

Vortex

Proton
Nebulae
When you die I like to think that your soul and your energy goes back into the earth, and you reincarnate.
You obviously won't remember your past life, but the energy that went into creating your life is perpetually existing.
I pretty much believe the same as this, but I think there is a possibility of an entity that made the world or something like that. Reincarnation is a fairly logical way of looking at it as it seems to humanity as entirely possible.

No religion involved...

"Overnight, I became a sun worshipper!" - Good ol' George Carlin (RIP)

Reactions: List

Gabe

Molecule
Nebulae
I'm a jew now, but before I became one I always believed in God, I come from a Christian family but I was in a Jewish religious school from second grade so I never really believed Jesus to be the messiah or gods son, just as a jew who started his own cult and it sprong into a religion because of his followers.

Lawn Chair

Proton
Nebulae
Here we go.

Life has no meaning. It’s up to you to give it some form of purpose, to find yourself in this harsh world.

As for god? We witness it and are a small part of it everyday. The cosmos and everything in it is what I believe to be god. A never ending cycle destined to create/ repurpose 24/7. Orchestrated chaos all across the board from universe to atom. We already live in the perfect world, it’s just that perfect is a subjective term.

OneWayMirror

Proton
Nebulae
It's impossible that everything was made somehow perfectly fit for human species. So yes, I believe in god. When talking about afterlife though it's quiet hard to believe you won't feel anything after you die. It just doesn't make sense. Therefore I also believe in the afterlife.

sambo

biased shitlord
Nebulae
What's got me fucked up is trying to find out what makes me me and you you - why am I in my own brain rather than someone else's if it's structurally the same thing?

Whatever it is - it'll never be explained scientifically so imo it's the closest thing to a 'soul' and while it doesn't physically exist I still think that something's gotta happen to it when we die

Bandit

Nucleus
Nebulae
I read a theory about a part of the brain shutting down seconds before death causing seconds to be perceived as decades while also in a sort of coma, which is why i like to think people who briefly die and come back speak about being in heaven, but I think the moment you die you'll start a new life as something somewhere else without anew

Nömad <3

Nicrobe's pet Philosophy notebook
Nebulae
Here we go.

Life has no meaning. It’s up to you to give it some form of purpose, to find yourself in this harsh world.

As for god? We witness it and are a small part of it everyday. The cosmos and everything in it is what I believe to be god. A never ending cycle destined to create/ repurpose 24/7. Orchestrated chaos all across the board from universe to atom. We already live in the perfect world, it’s just that perfect is a subjective term.
hello and welcome to Nihilism 101, i'm your host Nomad and i'm really happy someone for once didn't pull the 'waaaaah life has no meaning world is a fuck gonna go be an emo kid now k bye' schtick. Whilst not on the topic of the afterlife maybe it's a good point to be made because I like to believe that death isn't the be-all end-all of our existence, but Lawn makes a very good point: Life has no inherent meaning.

When nihilists and every edgy 14 year old go on about how 'God is dead' it shouldn't be taken as an aforementioned world is a fuck kinda view, but a chance to move forward in life until our end by following our own purpose and our own goals. Nihilism can exist in a belief in God because it doesn't outright say it's bad, but says that we should find the truths and purpose of our lives ourselves - if someone finds that through God or scripture and uses it to form a purpose to their existence, then they have achieved this through belief and God. The point is that they formed this purpose themselves. If you can do that and find something to believe in to whatever capacity so long as it gives you a purpose to keep moving forwards in our rapidly depressing world then congratulations, in your own small way you've found God (at least to my mind).

We can't say what lies after death obviously, no one can despite humans asking that question for our entire existence - but in finding purpose for ourselves and achieving our telos and final 'goal' in life (achievements, happiness, entirely subjective to me or to you) it brings us one step closer to an idea of God and that final goal can be great for us.

just do a lawn chair, find purpose for yourself and eventually it'll lead you to the conclusion of your life knowing you made said life for yourself c:

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i have a genuine fear of death so my solave is the belief that when we die our concience lives on and watches over those we were close to in life until we’re united with them

kinda like a ghost

What if they’re jacking off are you like forced to watch or can you head to purgatory for a while

Myphicbowser

Neutrino
Nebulae
I was raised in a very christian household and moved into a VERY close minded christian town and ended up, not surprisingly, believing in god that struck down masturbaters and devil worshipers, but as time went own I started doubting my faith but at the end of that time I decided that I did believe in god and an after life but that doesn't mean we should try and force that on others. So despite the fact that I do believe a lot of people don't like how I do it so at the end of the day I don't identify with any major religions since a lot of them are just full of rude holier then thou jerks yah know? So its a confusing place for me rn

Sheep leader

Neutrino
Nebulae
I do not believe in anything that's not proven in my personal opinion. Yes there may be afterlife or being reborn or a god. But I don't personally believe in these theories, no evidence or no recorded evidence. Books the bible itself isn't evidence, any christian or influentual person could have written anything on it and claim he's seen god. Atheist :/

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
It's impossible that everything was made somehow perfectly fit for human species. So yes, I believe in god. When talking about afterlife though it's quiet hard to believe you won't feel anything after you die. It just doesn't make sense. Therefore I also believe in the afterlife.
Humans almost went extinct. Not exactly made perfectly fit for humans.
humans made everything fit perfectly for humans as we evolved.

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
hell exists, it's called earth

idk, something probably happens after you die, other than you turning into worm food of course

kinda hope ghosts exist, I'd love to spook the fuck out of people post mortem

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
hell exists, it's called earth

idk, something probably happens after you die, other than you turning into worm food of course

kinda hope ghosts exist, I'd love to spook the fuck out of people post mortem
So fed up and frustrated with life that I'd get excited if a ghost were to start fucking with me