Nebulous, do you believe in an afterlife/god? Why? Why not?

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
Does God exist? Yeah probably
Is there an afterlife when we die? Don't know

D

Deleted member 243

i believe in god but i refuse to follow religions that have been made by people back in the day. haha imagine if they wanted rules to keep people from stealing and killing eachother and enforcing it using an all knowing being. haha what if you broke those rules?? you burn forever!! behave!

i believe Something snapped it's fingers and the big bang occurred. what, who? no idea, but that in no way has happened out of nowhere. no one was there to witness it, so disproving it or proving it is gonna be hard

it's called faith afterall

Kleis

Electron
Nebulae
I sincerely try to believe in something after our lives, but taking a look around myself and what surrounds us, how is there even going to be an afterlfie? From what I think, there's really no higher being than the universe itself, maybe we can think that there are multiple ones, but that is subjective. Everything exists and ceases to, eventually, our brain will rot and cease to be what it once used to, leaving just an empty skeleton. How are we going to have an afterlife, when there's nothing?

You can obviously look up testimonies from people that were on the brink of their death, usually most of them claim that they saw their famly, or the situation around them. There was this one guy, whose testimony I read some time ago, who went in a coma after an accident and could perfectly depict the situation around him, but only in his conscience. He could not speak nor move. Thing is, your brain is there, and it is quite more powerful than you think it is. Your hearing is there, your touch is there. But what happens when that leaves to be. Maybe you could die, and have a vision of something, but when you become a sack of bones, do you still keep that image?

That's a great dilema I always had for myself. What happens after that. What if, we are just reborn into another person or animal? That seems like the only practical solution. But what if it is not? Should you become a such acclamated poltergeist or ghost, that we reject or accept they exist? Where do you go? Mindlessly floating around an empty void?

Religion plays a good part in this. I am not christian, nor protestan, I am nearly atheist. Though that is irrelevant. Does a higher being really exist? It has been constantly proven how we are nothing in this universe, a 0.0000000000...1 % of what really it is, a minimal fraction of atoms and quarks, gluons, jointed toguether in an organic being. What happens to us? We eventually disintegrate into another compounds, used by the dirt itself and plants to feed upon. That is what our purpose after death really is. But you can't still answer how it goes.

Void? Or heaven? To be honest, if I could give myself a destiny, is float around the universe and explore. We could introduce a bit of superposition and say that any posibility is subjective to occur. What if we really have a soul? Can we determine what we want to be or do? As someone deeply interested and student of sciences, it is costly to understand this topic. And we could use the typical "According to quantum..." bullshit, but that serves no use unless reasonably argumented. Which is not necessary.

A deep question to think about. Faith is what matters, and being pragmatic denies it. Atleast for me.

Minor edit: Yes, you always exist, one way or another, see it as something spiritual or scientific. And this is just my point of view.

Last edited:

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
if there's a god (and therefore an afterlife), hopefully my sins will be forgiven
if there's no god, then its not like it mattered

Voragore

String
Nebulae
I do not believe in an afterlife but rather I believe that if you die that you might go to be in your dreams forever, or that you will start a new life twenty years later or so. Everyone in my family believes in God, but I myself am an atheist.

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I hope I become a Poltergeist so I can fuck up people up after I die.
Typically in mythology a poltergeist is not a soul failing to pass on to the afterlife like a ghost, but rather it's a physical manifestation of human emotions compounded together to form a sentient being. For example, a jail may be haunted by a depressive poltergeist which is formed by the occupants of the jails and their emotions

Using this logic, in mythology, it also means a happy poltergeist could be created, for example, at a playground for kids.

If you find that interesting at all.

Reactions: List

Zombined

Quark
Nebulae
Well, everyday i wake up from sleep i go directly take my resident suit, take my ration eat it taking my time. Then i go to work i stay there for a long time waiting for customers to come, all the time that i wait i get 2-3 customers wich means that im wasting my time, better than go talk with other citizens laugh and all, i stay at work doing nothing. I wich a day a rush of customers come for i get out from my work early.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Well, everyday i wake up from sleep i go directly take my resident suit, take my ration eat it taking my time. Then i go to work i stay there for a long time waiting for customers to come, all the time that i wait i get 2-3 customers wich means that im wasting my time, better than go talk with other citizens laugh and all, i stay at work doing nothing. I wich a day a rush of customers come for i get out from my work early.
what the fuck are you talking about

lucid

aussie battler
Nebulae

please explain how this is related to the idea of a god and an afterlife

Zombined

Quark
Nebulae
Waaaaiiit, i'm a musulman
[doublepost=1563710500][/doublepost]I can explain you
If afterlife exist
[doublepost=1563710578][/doublepost]Well there is an afterlife, But there is requirements.

Requirements: Believe in god, did more goods than bad things.

If you did a lot of good and less of bad and you believe in god you can go to heaven
[doublepost=1563710614][/doublepost]BUT ! if you did a lot of bad and less good and never believe in god you go to hell without he judge you

It's in our islamic book

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
without going into my own beliefs, a buddy of mine, coming off a physical test was running a 106 fever and fell to the ground dead from cardiac arrest as he was being screamed at to stop being weak
they took him away in a hearse and covered his body up in blankets. saw it all first hand, I came in just before him and passed him on the run

I saw the dude about a month later at a different training pipeline, turned out he was taken to the hospital and revived and had been declared legally dead
he said that it was basically like going to sleep: just absolutely nothing, but pitch black
he didn’t even know what happened, last he knew he was just standing and woke up in a hospital bed