News nebulous - end of year reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebulae
hope everyone has a lovely New Years, here’s to another 5 more for the nebulous cloud

shelterfrog and bear whitelists coming in 2021 as new overwatch subfactions (very dangerous entities roaming the outlands)

Reactions: List

comradic

Molecule
Nebulae
Screenshot_20210101-000532_Samsung_Internet.jpg

Still alive

ShaxxHD

Certified Femboy
Nebulae
Happy New Year peeps.

Let's hope for the sake of our sanity that 2021 won't start with forest fires or another murder.

key

Nebulae
Seasons greetings everybody. Been a while since I wrote something this long winded so bear with me.

Come April next year, nebulous will have been around for Five years. Half a decade.

Half a decade of shit memes, laughs, friendships, and so much more.

Recently I’ve found myself thinking a lot about nebulous as a whole. What it means to even be a community in the first place, what impact this place has had on people over the years. Positive, negative - pleasant or unpleasant. The more some people leave the community and never come back, the more some people always seem to stick with it, through thick and thin.

When the pandemic was really starting to kick off, anxiety was skyrocketing and people were on the verge of panic. The fact the community was still around for it, is something I’m honestly ecstatic about, maybe even a little proud. The fact we had our own little corner of the internet all to ourselves to just talk shit, have a laugh and remain connected with people going through the same thing just blows my mind. Many of us lead very different lives; school, uni, jobs, hobbies, family and yet we all somehow keep finding ourselves here on this very forum.

I know It can be really easy to get bogged down in negativity and resentment. I’ve been there a few times over the years and while this year hasn’t been an exception by any stretch, this year has been the one I am most grateful for neb's continued existance. I'd also like to say I’m happy that It’s been nice to make amends with a few people and see them back in the community. Some people might be intent on burning bridges, over trivial bullshit but in the end I’m happy I’ve made some truly great friends here, and I hope some of you feel the same way.

Nostalgia is something I also think about a lot in relation to the community and the gamemodes we’ve hosted, namely HL2RP. Positive nostalgia is what I most commonly see and while sometimes I’ll sometimes dismiss it in discussions about server matters, I don’t want people to think that I don’t value their positive memories and experiences of the server. If anything, that nostalgia even existing in the first place is a testament to the work we’ve all put in. It makes it all worth it if you ask me.

At risk of sounding like a broken record, I’d like to say one more time that I'm very grateful that nebulous lasted to see yet another Christmas and to ring in 2021. It’s one of my favourite times to be around the community; the little traditions we have like the ms paint avatars, game giveaways, contests and so on. It brings me a lot of joy. I’m grateful for everyone that’s helped me personally over the years, and this year especially.

Most importantly, I’m grateful nebulous has been what it always strived to be; a community. All of us made it what it is today, and all of us continue to make it what we want it to be. Every day.

To our players, forum goers, staff members, developers, premium members, media developers, forum lurkers and our friends at other communities.

To those who’ve been here since day one and those just recently joining us and everyone else between:

I dedicate this thread to you.

Thank you & Happy New Year!

2IIL308mV_EG7HlDK0i92t1fh93a2vxbT0rmbKzxSjrqg2-Gg2cJl7cTdlfXIGE6hB1Bkf3Kgyhrh68RT9EooTKS-rzcSRYBJDXIwXPFrJyLKxklApfg-gg9jWXHN0Y5u9kHGrvR
I think this crazy year has strengthened our community. It hasn't felt like there's really been a whole lot of bitterness or feuding/infighting as of lately. Seeing everyone getting along in a new way and laughing with each other has been uplifting and somewhat inspiring. It generally feels like there's been a lot less drama, and that everyone has come closer together.

This community has changed a lot over the years and so have we, and hopefully there will be another five years to come.

D

Deleted member 243

I think this crazy year has strengthened our community. It hasn't felt like there's really been a whole lot of bitterness or feuding/infighting as of lately. Seeing everyone getting along in a new way and laughing with each other has been uplifting and somewhat inspiring. It generally feels like there's been a lot less drama, and that everyone has come closer together.

This community has changed a lot over the years and so have we, and hopefully there will be another five years to come.
Well we became adults, most of us. We were all angsty teenagers that thought being edgy and ruthless was somehow cool. Nazi impersonations, school shooter vibes. All of it washed off of us as a community, because we grew up

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i hope everyone has a great new years

we're having a karaoke and party at our house with webcams connecting the rest of our family

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
2020 had to kick me in the balls with my mom getting covid at the last week, here’s to 2021 kicking covid’s ass

Status
Not open for further replies.