Serious Nebulous Fallout thread

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Do also keep in mind that review scores are one and done, and player scores are constantly able to change based on new events that occur.
It's always easier to rate a game in hindsight, but it's still up to Game Critics to take responsibility in how they go about rating their games. If you drop a review a day after a game releases you're not going to have had any time to digest the game, to explore it or to have found enough nuances to really dive into. It might work for a linear story game like Call of Duty where if you've played it once your experience isn't going to change, but with games like Mass Effect, Fallout, Outer Worlds etc. it just doesn't work that way.

A lot of individual reviewers really take their time, and when it's in a video format the whole process lets them constantly develop their opinion throughout the process, either during writing, filming or editing, there's another layer of consideration added on when you're not there to rush a review out so you can cash a paycheck, while I'm sure there's plenty of Youtube reviewers or individuals sharing that mindset, the same mindset is far more prevelent with the game critic standard. You can tell when someone's truly passionate about what they're saying.

If the consistency of your review falters because you rushed a review out when you should've waited, that's on the game reviewer not the player - and as far as the three games listed go, they're all far better later on because of the usual bugs and issues Fallout games have had to trudge through on launch that were slowly patched out, while I understand you have to take a game at face value, this still says a lot more about the reviews than it would if they'd have waited.

Fallout 3 had by far the most issues at launch, with the engine, with stability, constant crashes, it was borderline unplayable when I'd first gotten it and it still rests on top as the highest rated of the three, if anything that says more about how much the reviewers would rather rush out a review that the reader will click to bring attention to their sites than focus on the actual consistency of the reviews themselves.

There's some games that get massive drops as protest, like the GTA 5 multiplayer thing that dropped them down to negative on Steam for a while, but even then you're made aware of the practice of the companies and things you shouldn't rally to support, or that might deter you from playing a game, whereas the reviews you get from critics will always be whatever they pumped out first to get their clicks and stay on good graces with the companies the games they've reviewed belong to.

D

Deleted member 1392

I really love the games, they're so cool. All of these badass looking robots and creatures, pretty much all of it is awesome and has it's own humour. Also I reached bruh moment when the Happy Trails Caravan all die at the start, so that's a shame.

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
Anyone knows any good mods? I've installed pretty much every mod pack that can better graphics but some things still look weird like the occasional barrel with fire.

Reactions: List

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
If you've played Fallout 1 and 2 before you play New Vegas you'll know the NCR is the only choice. You raised them, now you taking care of them like a responsible parent.
you gotta discipline your kids man

meet warcrimes with more warcrimes, put em in their place

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
74VsLG9.jpg

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
Anyone knows any good mods? I've installed pretty much every mod pack that can better graphics but some things still look weird like the occasional barrel with fire.
The first thing I usually do when I re-install New Vegas is get NMC's texture pack to make all the textures look epic again.
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43135

If you're having problems with the actual fire effects in stuff like fire barrels and not the scuffed textures there's a visual enhancement mod for fire and stuff.
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42666

Make sure you've got a script extender, 4 GB New Vegas and some anti-crash/anti-stutter mods too if you're messing with a bunch of mods.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
DLCs also objectively follow this order of quality

1. Old World Blues
2. Dead Money
3. Honest Hearts
4. Lonesome Road
Honest Hearts was good for Joshua 'Gigachad' Graham.

Lonesome Road had some cool stuff in it but felt very 'eh' to me.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Honest Hearts was good for Joshua 'Gigachad' Graham.

Lonesome Road had some cool stuff in it but felt very 'eh' to me.
lonesome road was the big sleep of fallout new vegas

honest hearts was only good because of the sneering imperialist perk and Joshua "cant expect god to do all the work" graham

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
DLC are best together as a package considering they're all linked

if you view lonesome road as one big finale (which it is) then its cool

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I loved how Old World Blues felt so much like the isometric fallouts and just how funny and serious it was all at once
Old World Blues was funny but you also got horrific shit like a 200 year old woman in a computer trying to flirt with you and people who got locked in medical transport machines that still puppet their corpses around to murder others