Serious Nebulous Fallout thread

Big Man Paul

Quark
Nebulae
im talking about my CAMP, what do you mean by settlement?
there's basically settlements similar to fallout 4. they're areas in which they have that same settlement workshop bench thing and you can place these 'resource collector' things on top of the proper area in order to mine a specific resource. there's ones for junk, wood, concrete, titanium, etc. in these you have a claim over the area until you leave the server or until someone attacks you and takes it over. you can also be attacked by npc groups as well as players.

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Can I just say too how gorgeous the game world is?

Like they nailed the fact this only takes place twenty-five years after the bombs fell.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I say, if you take this game as a fallout 4 DLC you’d have more fun then if you think is a new fallout game

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I say, if you take this game as a fallout 4 DLC you’d have more fun then if you think is a new fallout game
Honestly I have to admit, as much as it feels more like DLC it still feels fresh and new - more than most of 4's DLC's did, even.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
there's basically settlements similar to fallout 4. they're areas in which they have that same settlement workshop bench thing and you can place these 'resource collector' things on top of the proper area in order to mine a specific resource. there's ones for junk, wood, concrete, titanium, etc. in these you have a claim over the area until you leave the server or until someone attacks you and takes it over. you can also be attacked by npc groups as well as players.

oh the resource things

yeah you cant keep them theyre sort of like the horde mode from gears of war

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Honestly I have to admit, as much as it feels more like DLC it still feels fresh and new - more than most of 4's DLC's did, even.

I can’t say the same due to literally same animations for most stuff, but I gotta give them props for the gorgeous map

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The one frustrating thing tbh is the quests where its like "Go find Joe! :D" and you know Joe is dead because NPC's don't exist lmao

Dostoevsky

Electron
Nebulae
The one frustrating thing tbh is the quests where its like "Go find Joe! :smiley:" and you know Joe is dead because NPC's don't exist lmao
I still don't understand why not just add NPCs and NPC factions.

Anyone know why they might've done this?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I still don't understand why not just add NPCs and NPC factions.

Anyone know why they might've done this?
They'd have had to have made them immortal.

Because you can imagine people would go around murdering them and fucking up quests.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Is it a bad thing they reused resources?
I don't think so personally but I wish they'd re-skinned some of the models on returning enemies so I didn't get flashbacks to Fallout 4 tbh.

The world itself feels like just 25 years have passed but some of the Fallout 4 models don't match that for me.