Serious (news) The US senate votes to rescind internet privacy rules forever.

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae
why should i care if they know what i do on my computer
am i buying anything illegal online? no
am i doing anything illegal online? ok technically pirating is illegal but it aint like they gon do shit
I am going to use the same thing as I did last time someone gave me this comment.

You are naked on the toilet
The walls are made of glass
You are being tentatively and carefully watched by the NSA and other information organizations.
They are taking pictures of you on the toilet.
You should not welcome this, that would be stupid and a direct violation of your privacy. As much as you may deny it, but without privacy you would most likely go insane.

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I am going to use the same thing as I did last time someone gave me this comment.

You are being tentatively and carefully watched by the NSA and other information organizations.
You should not welcome this, that would be stupid and a direct violation of your privacy. As much as you may deny it, but without privacy you would most likely go insane.
It's more like the NSA is going through your trash.

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Do you appreciate random people going through your trash and linking its contents to you?
What? No. I was just saying you used a poor metaphor.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
I value muh privacy over all else, and I'm already pissed that my provider gets to keep my history for multiple years "for EU safety precautions".
If this passed and affects me somehow, I'mma just burn all the technology I have and live in the woods. Proper privacy.

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
waitin for the hordes of people screamin "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about !!!"
that's like that one south park episode

[doublepost=1490474640][/doublepost]
why should i care if they know what i do on my computer
am i buying anything illegal online? no
am i doing anything illegal online? ok technically pirating is illegal but it aint like they gon do shit
piratpartiet :ok:

Reactions: List

Gimmie

QNZBGCVQXDQZOWP
Nebulae

you flush, toilet is clogged
nsa waits for you to leave in desperation, your toilet is not compliant
nsa goes in, removes your shit and measures
nsa calls the irs and your insurance
you call someone to unclog your toilet but the shit is already gone
man comes to your door to unclog your toilet but you send him away
still have to pay for him
you call insurance
insurance notifies you that nsa has already measured your shit
they have taken pictures of your food
too many grains the insurance says
insurance hangs up phone and will not pay for the bill
:(

i now see the severity of this situation and for clogged toilets across the world

venutianPunk

Leftist Cuck
Nebulae
Guys! Good news about this,. however. It's only passed the Senate, not the House of Representatives, so there's still time to call, write, or email your Representative and tell them that they should vote No for this bill as it's horrid. If you want to spread it on Facebook or whatever have you, here, I wrote a post you can copy and paste or edit however you'd like to.

If you're interested in watching more about it, let our main man from h3h3, Ethan, talk about it more.

If you want to know your Representative, here: http://www.house.gov/htbin/findrep
And here's what you can say to them about the issue (tweak it however you'd like to, of course, as long as you get your message across) : "I'm your constituent, and I urge you to oppose the CRA resolution to kill the FCC's privacy rules."

There's more links in The Post, but I don't want to just end up re-typing the entire thing. Cheers!

This is very important for everyone that I know, and everyone that they know, and so on. If you use the internet at all, this will affect you. Please do watch this.

What Ethan (man in the video) says, if you don't want to watch it, is that there is a bill currently going around in congress, "S.J. Res. 34" that repeals the FCC's “Protecting the Privacy of Customers of Broadband and Other Telecommunications Services”. What this does is that it allows your ISP (Internet Service Provider; i.e. Comcast, AT&T, etc.) to have the ability to sell your entire browsing history to the highest bidder. Anyone with enough $$$ could buy whatever you've searched and have possession of that knowledge, and then do whatever they want with it.

Now you may be thinking "Why should I care? My history is pretty vanilla." Well you SHOULD care because maybe loved ones you care about might be black mailed for whatever reason. Any public official could be held at a political gunpoint just because someone holds some spite to them, so they buy their browser history and threaten to release it.

This idea that such a private thing, the thoughts and curiosities of a person, can be bought, goes directly against the fundamental idea of Net Neutrality, or "the principle that Internet service providers and governments regulating the Internet should treat all data on the Internet the same, not discriminating or charging differentially by user, content, website, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or mode of communication."

One of the worst things about this is this is all happening because Senators are being bought out by the big ISPs, like Comcast, Verizon, AT&T, and so on.

Where you're a Democrat, Republic, Independent, or something else entirely, this affects you. It is a pan-partisan issue that must be resolved.

There IS good news. It's only passed the Senate, and still needs to be voted on by the House of Representatives, and then signed off by President Trump, so there's still time to do something.

And here's what you can do: Write to, email, or call your state representatives. Tell them that you will not stand for this, that you strongly oppose it, or that you won't vote for them again if they vote for Yes on this bill. If you want something that'll possibly sound more legitimate, you could try "I'm your constituent, and I urge you to oppose the CRA resolution to kill the FCC's privacy rules." Or, something similar. It does not matter, you just need to get your point across.

If you need to find who is your representative so you can contact them, go to this site and put in your ZIP code, and it will tell you who represents your district. http://www.house.gov/htbin/findrep

This is the bill itself. https://www.congress.gov/…/…/senate-joint-resolution/34/text

Here's an article explaining the money-backing behind the senators behind the situation.
http://www.vocativ.com/411479/senators-online-privacy-money/

And here's a more organized group trying to stop the same thing, so if you want to help more, you can look in to them.
https://act.eff.org/…/don-t-let-congress-undermine-our-onli…

Please, whoever is reading this, do share this and tag as many people as you know in this. Again, this affects all of us, and when you begin to repeal parts of Net Neutrality, it may become a very slippery slope.

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
Obama should have been the president, despite all the theories about him being an anti-christ lmao
But seriously, Trump and his boys are gonna fuck up that country.

Timirald

Proton
Nebulae
Obama should have been the president, despite all the theories about him being an anti-christ lmao
But seriously, Trump and his boys are gonna fuck up that country.
No one is going to let Trump fuck up the country.
The president cannot change EVERYTHING, he needs approval first.
Meaning that he cannot say "Let's bring slavery back and nuke choina!", the Senate wont let him, and no one will let him get close to nukes.

Hosterss

Electron
Nebulae
WGGrYeM.jpg

venutianPunk

Leftist Cuck
Nebulae
Just emailed this to my district's Representative.
Title: "Concerning S.J. Res. 34, H.J. Res. 86, and H.J. Res. 230"

Content: Representative Frankel, I'm writing to you about the bill that recently passed the Senate due to corrupt Senators taking bribes from big-name Internet Service Provides that would repeal a part of what is considered to be Net Neutrality, along with its sister bills that only perpetuate their almost-if-not-already unconstitutional goal.

If this bill passes, you, your coworkers, and your citizens are vulnerable to any company or individual with enough money to purchase your personal broadband data, which includes your browsing history, as they might use it to blackmail those they hold spite towards. You being a political figure, you must have people who oppose you.

Just think, if you did have something personal and not-to-be-shared, they could use that against in you an incriminating manner, even though such personal knowledge and interests hold no place in politics.

Additionally, it would dig out a slippery slope so that other similar bills could slowly begin to chip away at Net Neutrality, which is a very important concept for the sake of all U.S. citizens and the world, and reflects the founding principles of our nation: Freedom and Equality.

As a constituent of your district, I urge you to vote No on any and all of these bills or anything relating to them, and for you to spread the opposition against your fellow Representatives.

England has passed a similar bill recently via Parliament a few months ago, however there was a part in it or added to it stating that Parliament members cannot be spied on likes it citizens now can be. This means they know it's wrong, but they passed it regardless. Because if it wasn't wrong, why would they try to protect themselves.

I hope you get this and read through it, and I am also looking forward to any form of response.

I implore you all to do the same. Even use the same email if you want! Or change it however you want, just, if you do, be sure to change the Representative's name at the beginning.